First Investors

First Investors Employer Reviews

A fast paced introduction to the commercial finance world
FINANCIAL REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Westbury, New YorkAugust 15, 2014
I experienced long days from studying for my licenses to calling clients and going on appointments. The study and examination of the licenses really helped understand a lot of products. The management is top notch and make certain to assign a mentor for every new recruit and work with them on how to gather and satisfy client's needs.
Great atmosphere
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 14, 2014
Ability to truly succeed as a financial services representative. Training program and development lead to an abundance of opportunities to learn about the financial markets and the development of client relationships.
Fun work environment, no work-life balance
Financial Representative (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORAugust 10, 2014
I enjoyed chatting with my co-workers and taking part in office-wide volunteer projects. However, there was little guidance and I was essentially "thrown to the wolves" when I first started and expected to hit the floor running in a very active workplace. The hardest part of the job was simply keeping up with all of the requirements.
I discovered the Mutual Funds wasn't a good fit for me.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 27, 2014
Pros: there weren't any.
Cons: extrmemely poor management.
I was the wrong person for the job. I haven't a real grasp on Stocks & Mutual Funds.
I was,however, very good with the people, & received 3 compliments.
Commision based pay scheme
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 22, 2014
A lot of work, a little money. Extremely uncomfortable environment
Distribution Associate
Distribution Associate (Former Employee), Edison, NJJuly 14, 2014
processes claims from clients and beneficiaries
learned how to process claims,
work environment is relaxed, co-workers are great
not the best financial company ever...
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Hartford, CTJuly 11, 2014
Pros: personal business
Cons: no salary... draw system, you can owe them money
not a good company really... reps start out on basically 100% commission... once your personal contact list is exhausted, its cold calling.
I gained siginificant knowledge in Investments and Insurance
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJuly 10, 2014
While I worked for First Investors I was trained in mutual funds, insurance, and sales practices. I received my series 6 certification and a certification for the sale of life and health insurance. This position allowed me exposure to investments, long-term financial planning, and jargon practiced in the fields economics and investments. I enjoyed my – more... fellow employees, my manager, and the learning and training I received while in this position. after some time however, I knew that sales what not the career I wished to pursue and decided to focus on pursuing a job that utilized and expanded my knowledge of statistics and economics. – less
Comfortable Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Central JerseyJuly 9, 2014
Typical day involves following up on new and existing business, ensuring business execution and client satisfaction. It's a client facing role that requires heavy attention to detail and strong organization skills.

Management is helpful and eager to help with questions or concerns.
friendly environment, good training, low pay
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJJuly 4, 2014
Pros: supportive management, recreations
Cons: low pay, hectic
I had only worked as a finance intern in the company while i was pursuing my education. The working environment was very friendly and co-operative. However, during my interaction with the reps I found out they were not very happy while working there since the pay was miserable and you are expected to sell just about anything and everything using your – more... referrals and making tons of calls per day that gets hectic. Nonetheless, its a good opportunity for learning and then get hired somewhere else for better pay. – less
Lots of work for little payoff
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 26, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, training for series 6 license
Cons: compensation, referral generation
This company doesn't provide much support for their reps once they have completed their training and become registered. They expect you to call everyone you know and try and sell to them while generating your referrals. There is a "used car salesman" mentality in that they do not seem to always be interested in what is best for the customer but rather – more... what is best for their bottom line. – less
Time Traveling
Fund/SERV Specialist (Current Employee), Edison, NJMay 27, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: terrible pay, bad policies, and high turnover
The company has very friendly people but extremely outdated procedures and equipment. Employment turnover is high because the experience is good but the pay is miserable. People come in, learn everything they can, and then get hired somewhere else for twice the pay.
Good company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Independence, OHMay 20, 2014
good company with nice people. I have a very nice boss. It was rewarding
Great career
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 18, 2014
Great training program. The management team and Sales support is phenomenal.
Grateful
Financial Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 3, 2014
The sales requirements are way too steep and impossible to obtain. Great environment full of great people.
Productive and Challenging place of work
Senior Administrator (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
A 9 to 5 job in an office setting with about 20 employees. Work consisted of answering phone calls and assisting clients with their accounts. I learned about Investments, Mutual Funds, College Savings, Life Insurance, Annuities and Retirement Accounts. Staff was very friendly. They collaborated well. My job was always enjoyable and a challenge.
Educational
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 3, 2014
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Internship Overview
Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Part time internship in college. Amazing experience and showed me the inner working of the financial advising field.
Experience, skill and knowledge.
Registered Representative (Former Employee), Walnut Creek CAFebruary 18, 2014
I am an experienced business analyst with experience in financial services. Accomplished business analyst with a track record on managing complex projects and exceeding expectations. Practiced in clarifying business requirements, performing analysis and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.

Highly accomplished – more... financial professional with over 18 years’ experience in Project Management, Prime Brokerage, Risk Management, Operations, Administration, Accounting and Hedge Fund implementation and support. Product knowledge in equities, fixed income, alternative investments, listed derivatives and structured products across the full investment cycle in domestic and international markets. Experienced in legal and compliance related issues, negotiating account opening documents, client and third party agreements. – less
quiet and calm office
Sales Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 3, 2014
I mostly answer the phone and do the light work for my boss. the environment is okay.

1 2 3 4

About First Investors

Founded in 1930, First Investors is one of the oldest mutual fund distributors and underwriters in the country. We started our – Read more