First Merchants Corporation Employee Reviews

Typical banking environment
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 21, 2015
Originally I turned them down, but they came back the night before I started my new job (with another company) with a tiny bit better offer. Unfortunately, I should have gone with my gut instinct and not fallen for the money. Definitely a "political" environment. Liked most of my co-workers, but I was caught in a power struggle between 2 of the VPs and it made for a difficult situation. Got NO mid-year evaluation -- just a lot of back patting, etc during the year. Then when it came time for annual assessment and raise, only got insulting raise despite saving the company well over $1M during the year. I was also told I was "distracted" during the year and didn't produce as well as they expected.
Pros
Learned a lot, great co-workers
Cons
Huge gaps in compensation between positions, political atmosphere
I Love my job
Customer Service Agent I (Current Employee) –  Daleville IndianaMay 13, 2015
8 hours a day answering phone call and assisting customers with questions about their accounts. online banking is one of the biggest issues I help with, this can be very challenging as you are trying to tell people how to get into their accounts. it is quite rewarding when you help people who are frustrated and upset because they cannot get into the accounts, they are very great full and very appreciative for the help.

Most difficult thing is having patience with customers who are upset. I have to remember I am the sounding board for the corporation, and that I am the first line of defense for the customer and the corporation. The most enjoyable part is succeeding in help and keeping the customer happy and staying with the bank
Pros
flexablity
mail room clerk
Mail Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Daleville, INJune 24, 2013
A typical day at work is the machines run smoothly and I have time to get my returned mail, and Bar coding. My learning experience is not to get comfortable in your chair, we get moved around a lot. Management is very good. My co-workers are great, I call some my work family. The hardest part of the job is just learning things on the machine and how to keep it running, this plays in to the enjoyable part of the job, challenge, I enjoy the challenge of the job.
Pros
15 years in
Cons
healthcare, salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Merchants Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3