First Midwest Bank

First Midwest Bank Employee Reviews

Good Place to work!
Teller III (Current Employee), Chicago Heights IllinoisJune 25, 2015
Pros: worked with my school schedule
Cons: hours after Christmas get very short
Was an excellent start to my working life! They were great working with my school schedule & my personal life.. I would recommend anyone to work here!
Great work environment
Teller II (Former Employee), Gary, INJune 10, 2015
Working with great coworkers and awesome clients made it a nice place to work. The experience helped with my growth as a customer service representative.
Nice workplace
Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee), Itasca, ILMay 26, 2015
Even though it was a long commute it was a very nice workplace. Quiet, friendly and clean.

I learned quite a bit. The staff was friendly and the working atmosphere was fast-paced.
Types of management
Teller III (Former Employee), Midlothian, ILApril 20, 2015
Understanding different styles of management has helped me grow into the professional women I am today. I have learned many great lessons from the management at First Midwest Bank.
Day in the life of a Full Service Banker
Full Service Banker (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, amazing co-workers
Most of my tenure with First Midwest Bank was as a Full Service Banker in an in-store location. This allowed me to encounter many people with different backgrounds and brought many great relationships with clients and employees. Working in an in-store offered very flexible hours and often long days. I had managers that was very encouraging to the growth of their staff and provided a lot of training and development for such.
Chaos
Treasury Management (Former Employee), Joliet, ILApril 9, 2015
Pros: Respected and reliable instution
Cons: lack of focus
The constant reorganizations, and relocations (if you wanted to keep your job) were brutal. After 3 rounds of layoffs and a relocation, the burden on my home life outweighed the many many positive qualities of FMB. They have above average benefits, they have an excellent reputation in the communities they are located in as well as the industry itself. After firing all the small business bankers and dividing the responsibilities between Lenders and Treasury Managers, many were concerned about job security and performance goals.
Not flexible and not enough hours.
Teller (Current Employee), Hammond, INFebruary 23, 2015
I am trying to find other employment because I do not get enough hours, there's no reasonable benefits and there is no flexibility.
Great Bank
Technical Support Service Desk Specialist (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: enviroment
Cons: payscale
FMB is a great place to work for, great benefits and people. However they can be low on the pay scale.
Teller II (Former Employee), Chicago Heights, ILJanuary 16, 2015
Good environment. Not as pushy as other financial institutions.
Customer Service
Teller III (Former Employee), Hammond, INDecember 2, 2014
Pros: loved getting to know the clients, and working together with my coworkers
Cons: needed better management
Serviced customers on a daily basis with cashing checks, purchasing money orders and cashiers checks. Processed deposits dropped off via couriers, maintained a cash drawer as well as main vault.
Great entry level positions
Commercial Relationship Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 1, 2014
Formal Credit Training. Opportunity to review different Middle Market Companies. Rotate to different locations and work with different lenders. Very good organization and will learn a lot.
Strong company, but too many reorganiztions in a short period of time
Vice President (Current Employee), Palos Heights, ILOctober 30, 2014
First Midwest is a strong organization that is unfortunately going through some growing pains and has re-focused 3 times in the last 2 years. The people are great and field level managers are excellent. The hardest part of the job is the inherent fear that comes along with all the restructuring.
Fun
Teller (Former Employee), McHenry, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Processed deposits/withdrawals.
Helped any customer with questions.
Translated
Growing Company
Community Investment (Current Employee), Itasca, ILSeptember 29, 2014
In times of companies being conservative, this company is growing and understands that growth needs to be constant.
Great Work Environment
Teller III (Current Employee), Lindenhurst ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great coworkers, customers are very friendly, overall great environment
Cons: my branch is closing. internet banking was taking away from our business.
A typical day at work included opening/closing the branch, completing customer/banker transactions, sales, scanning teller work and balancing. I learned a lot working for First Midwest Bank. I was trained on how to maintain misc paperwork that we had to file away for audits. The hardest part of the job was sales. I was able to over come that by talking with every client and getting to know each of them to identify what kind of products would benefit them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you see a client leave happy.
N/A
Commercial Lending Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2014
Spread financial statements
Underwrite commercial credit opportunities ranging from $2MM to $25MM
easy work
teller (Former Employee), Griffith, INJune 11, 2014
made daily withdrawals and deposits, helped prepare with internal and external audits and provided great customer service
Teller
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Zion, ILMay 2, 2014
I was a teller and would handle cash and check transactions. I would also buy and sell money to and from the vault. Assist in auditing other employees drawers.
Enjoyable Experience In Some Cases
Teller II (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: job cuts
The job can be very enjoyable depending on where you work in the company. Working as a teller there are plenty of job cuts and no full time hours. Working in the operations side of the job there are plenty of hours and even more benefits.
People make the place.
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILApril 11, 2014
I enjoy working here because people here are great. You mainly interact with the direct supervisor and personal bankers and since they're great, they make it very pleasant working with them.

1 2 3 4

About First Midwest Bank

There's a lot of cabbage in corn country. Just ask First Midwest Bancorp, the holding company for First Midwest Bank. Through – Read more

First Midwest Bank Salaries