First Midwest Bank Employee Reviews

na
Float Full Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Country Club Hills, ILJuly 11, 2017
It's an ok employer to work for if you're looking for a slow pace. If you're looking for advancement be prepared to have many interviews. Technology is in the stone age.
Tough environment due to economic environment.
Senior Vice President Lending (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJuly 11, 2017
I was paid well and worked hard. My department was quite successful liquidating millions of dollars in troubled loans. I received significant incentive compensation due to the problem loan clean up work.
Pros
I was not micro managed
Cons
Positive reinforcement was minimal
Good place to work for full time .
Lead Teller (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 28, 2017
Good place to work at for full time positions , but part time positions do not have good benefits and are not able to purchase healthcare benefits thru work.
Be prepared to work there 20+ years for career advancement
Bank Employee (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 23, 2017
Poor management, and play favorites when it comes to promotion. It doesn't matter what your credentials are, if you are not executive management's favorite or haven't been there 20 years or more, promotion is minimal. They like to over promise and under deliver.
Pros
They are making strides in work life balance
Cons
Minimal leadership advancement and growth in career
All about the sales.
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INMay 24, 2017
High referral program. Three write ups and you are out. They go by quarterly for referrals. Had many years but didn't make my goal so I got terminated.
Pros
Benefit package is great. If full time paid holidays and vacation time.
Cons
High sale program. Do not care about your teller work with money and transations.
Productive and fast pace
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 23, 2017
• Provide superior banking services to customer in a professional manner by serving as the first point of contact for inquiries.
• Report customer’s concerns in a regular basis to my superiors for possible opportunities and process improvements.
• Delivered exceptional sales metrics by reaching and exceeding expected goals throughout 2016.
• Provide real time information with a high degree of courtesy regarding retail loans, CDs, and IRA’s data.
• Accept and process stop payments, funds transfers, disputes, and other research related question regarding deposit account in a timely manner to maximize turnaround.
Temp
Bank Rep Intern-school (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILMay 16, 2017
The place Is very clean and the staff was very helpfull it was a temp job for the summer at the time js was a minor but not a hard job at all with the help of the staff
Great place to work if you like selling
Teller (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 4, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was the selling of products. I didn't hire on as a teller to have to sell products. I feel the products should speak for themselves and if a customer wants them ok but I shouldn't have a quota of products I have to sell each month in order to keep my job.
Unfortunate Changes
Desktop Engineer (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILMay 4, 2017
I feel the Bank as a whole has changed drastically as it's grown over the years and they have not adjusted well to the changes in the Support areas. Many are feeling overwhelmed, projects are struggling to meet completion goals, the bank has doubled in size and the support areas have not grown to keep up. Meanwhile they throw money at the departments that earn money not keeping mind that support is a 24/7/365 job required to keep the bank functioning and meeting regulatory requirements.
Pros
Benefits, vacation time, family flexibility
Cons
Lower pay, impossible to achieve review ratings, no room to grow...
work place firstmidwest
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
overall a great experience and great communication with coworkers and customers. always on time and everyday ready to work with confidence and making sure i do my job correctly.

Want to know more about First Midwest Bank?

Ask a question
Not enough staff
CBR (Former Employee) –  Palos Park, ILApril 22, 2017
I didn't feel there was adequate training provided and doing two jobs with a whole new computer system was a bit too much. They expected longer hours and too much jumping back and forth from one job to the next.
Pros
Bettter vacation time policy
Cons
Shorter lunches, no breaks and too much uncertainty.
Full Service Banker
full service banker (Former Employee) –  New Lenox, ILApril 19, 2017
My daily duties consist of both personal banker and teller when needed.Some of the things I enjoyed about the job was the employees and clients.I learned to open and close accounts,overdraft protection,deposits,withdrawals,drive-thru and safety deposit box.
Pros
Great customers and employees
Cons
Poor Communication with management
Nice environment to work in
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILApril 8, 2017
My particular branch was very relaxed. The work was good if you are a people person. The only downside was having a sales goal, but you are going to find that at almost any bank you look to work at.
Great atmosphere, challenging, great benefits
Employee Relations Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILApril 3, 2017
Challenging position with room for growth.
The company has been growing in leaps and bounds but does not value seasoned employee values. Change of management in Human Resources brought about restructure of the department which centralized the department with little direct employee contact.
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Peotone, ILMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work. I enjoyed the company but the Peotone location is behind the rest of the company with it's teller management and forward momentum.
Good people Nice place to work
Assistant Vice President, Manager (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILFebruary 20, 2017
This is a great place to work, great benefits, good people. Full time employees receive 3 weeks vacation at hiring. there are learning opportunities and room for advancement with the required experience.
Pros
Good people
Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, IL 60085February 10, 2017
This job was fun to work at, I loved talking to the customers. I learned to be nice and kind to other people because you don't know there life story.

Management was fun to work for, they were strict when they had to be, but the made the workplace enjoyable.

The workplace culture was Diverse, many different cultures.

There was not really a hard part to the job..

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the customers, and seeing your co-workers.
Pros
It is people friendly. Meet new people each day
Executive Assistant
Commercial Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJanuary 16, 2017
General Administrative/Loan closings and account openings. I was also responsible for direct client contact bot on the phone and in person . The employees were very nice and I learned a lot
High stress sales job.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILJanuary 9, 2017
First Midwest Bank is a highly sale orientated company. The company's top focus for employees is their ability to reach monthly sales goals. Employees are reprimanded and can lose their job if sales goal are not meet each month. The work environment can be very stressful.
Svp
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 3, 2017
Decent commercial bank in the Chicago market. Capable executive management at the top. Market strategy did not seem in line with overall corporate goals.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Midwest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

First Midwest Bank Reviews by Location