First Mortgage Corporation

First Mortgage Corporation United States Employee Reviews

Wonderful company to work for!
Customer Service/ Insurance Clerk (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 4, 2015
Pros: great oppertunity in many areas
Constantly busy environment with diversity and great opportunity to advance within the company, as far as you are willing to take yourself.

I was able to greatly improve my customer service skill at First Mortgage handling such a large portfolio throughout the United States.

Management as well as co-workers all work together to create a family they environment.

Hardest part of he job was keeping up with the call volume and continue about you daily work within that 8 hour day.
Terrible Work Environment
Assistant Loan Processor (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 10, 2015
This company shut its doors in 2011, due to lack of work. The work environment was horrible. Employees didn't know a lot about processing a mortgage.
Mortgage industry
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIDecember 2, 2014
Office Manager
Accounts payable
Maintain Licenses
Maintain NMLS account
Maintain Insurance policies
Mortgage compliance
Reconciliation of bank accounts
Completed payroll
Handled Human Resource benefits including maintaining employee records.
Assisted in Loan Processing
NICE COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Broker Coordinator (Former Employee), Morgan Hill, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: job was close to home
Cons: no room for advancement
HANDLED MULTI LINE PHONE SYSTEM AND RECEIVED ALL INCOMING CALLS. I LEARNED SEVERAL ASPECTS OF THE REAL ESTATE INDUSTRY.

OUR OFFICE WAS A SATELITE OFFICE SO THERE WERE ONLY 2 PEOPLE IN THE OFFICE BUT THE COMPANY SIZE OVERALL WAS 500 EMPLOYEES TOTAL.

THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE CHANGING OF PRIORITIES CONSTANTLY BUT WAS ABLE TO LEARN TIME MANAGEMENT AND ABLE TO HANDLE THIS PART OF MY JOB VERY WELL.

I ENJOYED WORKING WITH THE ESCROW COMPANIES AND BROKERS VIA PHONE AND ASSISTING THEM WITH PROCESSING AND GETTING THEIR LOAN FILE THROUGH THE CLOSING PROCESS
Family oriented company
Jr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), Ontario, CAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: health and dental care, investment opportunities, family environment
Cons: low pay compared to rest of industry
The workplace was very friendly, because most hires were made through employee references. This contributed to a family type environment in the workplace which increased communication and productivity throughout each department. The usual work day for myself started with checking emails then returning any client calls. Next, I would begin loan applications for clients and mail them the documents for notarization. Finally, I would work to clear liens off the properties of homeowners trying to refinance their mortgage. I was in daily verbal contact with various courts, banks and collection agencies. The job taught me how to distribute my time to various projects each day, and how to not let one project envelop you. Also, the job helped me develop even stronger personal communication skills (all my previous jobs were in sales), especially over the phone. Overall, though challenging and stressful at times, my employment was a positive experience.
Loved it
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: team effort
Cons: long hours when needed
It was a great place to work. Everyone had one main goal and it was to get the job done
Excellent company to work for
Branch Operations Supervisor / Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Loved the training opportunities and monthly operations meetings. Learned something new at every meeting.
Mortgage Banking
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Livonia, MIDecember 28, 2013
Since leaving First Mortgage Corporation, this branch closed.
Great Family Company
Mortgage Credit Examiner (Former Employee), Ontario, CADecember 11, 2013
Although my direct supervisor was not supervisor material, the company as a whole is a wonderful place to work, very family oriented.
Fast paced work enviroment
Loan Funder (Former Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 15, 2013
This was a fast paced work environment that required me to learn how to prioritize my work load and multitask constantly. I picked up many skills here and learned many things that I will be able to take with my to other opportunities.
Good benefits - could have been a good company to work for
Underwriter (Former Employee), Diamond Bar, CAJuly 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low base pay-no stability
when the licensing requirements for loan officers changed the company was losing branches and could not originate loans as quickly as they shoudl have been to support the staff. I cannot rate what it could have been as I resigned looking for a more stable company
Mortgage company with growing clientele.
Default Collection Specialist (Former Employee), Ontario, CAAugust 13, 2012
I learned many aspects of the mortgage industry as well as the regulations of HUD and the requirements of investors such as FNMA, GNMA, FHA, etc. The beginning of the month was focused on providing delinquency reports to all our investors as well as collecting payments. Per guidlines of FHA, I was required to order property inspections on homes that were 45 days delinquent. The end of the month was dedicated to contacting borrowers who were 30 days past due as of the current month. The hardest part of the job was being under-staffed, which caused a heavy work-load on the employees. The management expected us to keep the delinquency ratio low each month. The most enjoyable part of the job was that our department was close like a family.
A fun place to work
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Temecula, CAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: unlimited income
Cons: government regulations
When the company had an office in my hometown location, the manager I had made it a fun and exciting place to work at. A very good income could be made for those of you who worked hard.
Hectic enviroment
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2012
Pros: great relationships with the banks, direct deposit
Cons: bad ownership, from branch owner, he could not keep his personal life from affecting the office
Due to the relationship with the branch owner and corporate the office I worked in was never a happy place towards the end. Numerous changes took place and the branch owner was not a good owner.