First National Bank Alaska Employee Reviews

Teller Position on Washington Dr.
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKAugust 18, 2017
Everyone at first was great and nice, but as they got to know me they wanted to change everything about me. I was constantly living inside a hostile work environment and judged on a daily basis. I tried my best, but I really truly believe I was broken here. My whole personality has changed because I tried so hard to feel included to no avail. Advancement was impossible, no matter how hard I tried and studied, I was never good enough to move up.
Customer Service Representative/New Accounts Unit (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJuly 17, 2017
Great team environment and work/life balance. Terrific supervisors. Great compensation compared to other banks. Would highly recommend as a long term place of employment.
Great company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  JBER, AKJuly 13, 2017
I loved working for FNBA when I lived in Alaska. They really value their employees and they pay well. They do a lot things for the community too.There is always chance for advancement as well. Most people there have been with the company for many years. If I ever move back to AK, I would definitely look for a position with FNBA again.
Great Supervisor
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 21, 2017
The pay and benefits could be better but having a great supervisor makes up for it most of the time. A good start place to learn how to work in an office or in customer service.
productivity food and fun
Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 8, 2017
. The training was easy and continues. Culture was high. The hardest part of the job was balancing daily . Managemet was always there if there was a problem, The enjoyable part of the job was to see my friends The Training was an ongoing process with the bank. One could go as high as they desired to go. There was always someone there to encourage us. A typical day at work was a lot of paperwork. counting and cleaning money. cleaning of my station, and equipment. keeping and maintaining it is always ready for the next customer.
Pros
we had a good lunch break, no complaints
Cons
no cons
Terrible training and stress
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 9, 2017
The training was not very hands on. Co-workers were alright but very distant. Always talking bad about customers and people in general. God knows what they said about me. If u want to work there be prepared to be treated as the "new-kid." Also ready to teach urself everything.
Pros
Nice interior, consistent schedule.
Cons
Gossip( talking bad behind others backs) bad training, sitting.
great place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK 99501March 7, 2017
first national bank is a awesome place to work, great place to building your career, has great people. You get to have every holiday off which is a plus.
Great company
Escrow Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 27, 2016
Awesome company, great people and good work environment. Pay was good and hours were nice as well. But the banking industry isn't for me.
Pros
A lot of good things going for the company
Cons
Advancement
Can be a very nice place to work depending on which manager you work under
Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palmer AlaskaDecember 16, 2016
Some managers need additional people skills training.
MAnager tends to focus on the negatives and give negative help instead of focusing on the positives of your work first.
Palmer Alaska Branch
Provides also all the tools you need,
Exeption Items Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 1, 2016
First National is a local Bank. . They have good benefits also. from Health insurance to 401 K and profit sharing and paid time off. you got rewarded for your length of service.
Great career starter
Lead Teller/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AKJuly 5, 2016
I was a teller here and I loved working in Palmer. I made a lot of friends and learned some valuable skills to further my professional career.
Pros
All the paid holidays
Cons
My branch co workers were not friendly
First Nation Bank Alaska
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 2, 2016
if I were to describe my time at First National Bank Alaska, I would have to say that I enjoyed most of the time I spent employed. I was hired to do a job I had only limited experience, and was encouraged to constantly learn more, and get better.
Pros
Fast paced, and exciting work environment, that challenges you to improve.
Cons
management is transparent, and will only help employees if it can benegit them.
Great place to work, they value you
BSA Analyst / Reporting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 21, 2015
I've learned that working for this company was all about the people. The employees created an awesome culture that made the every day environment fun and enjoyable. I would definitely work for this company again.
Loan Unit
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 18, 2015
You can learn lots if you have someone to teach but there are few or outdated tools/manual to follow. A bit higher rotation on the Unit, however you can find some people that has been there a long time or seem so. Communication style need to be improved.
Pros
Family/Local Company
Cons
Management style.
Exceptional team work environment
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2015
Working at FNBA is face paced detail oriented environment. Building long lasting relationships with customers is a priority. The team work and individual work is equally important. Along with the co-workers, the management team is outstanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship with the co-workers
It was an ok place
Teller (Former Employee) –  PALMER AKDecember 29, 2014
I was only there a short time I shorted one customer 200.00 Dollars we were busy and I did not use the calculator.I did enjoy all the people.
Family Owned Bank
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2014
Community Bank with tenor of employees of 20+ years. Longevity of Bank 90+ years with 30+ branches. Need innovative improvements to keep up with the financial arena. New management being hired to make improvements which will improve repetition of not having a competitive edge. (Conservative Bank)
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Need technology improvements to retain customers
Productive and busy place.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2014
I learn a lot in this job, learn how to process ATMs, processing mails, payments. Multi task position through the day.
very stressful and eggshell environment
Loan Processor IV (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2013
processed loan applications for Loan officer. Cleared exceptions and closed loans with customers.
Management was very arbitrary and hard to work for. There were layers of management to report to and none agreed with the other. A lot of deception. Co-workers for the most part were easy to get along with and helpful.
Hardest part of job was dealing with the levels of management and all telling different things.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management layers
Wonderful place to work. Everyone worked together. Fabulous state
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2013
Everyday was great. The best job I ever had. (It was just to far away from family.) Everyone worked together whether it was trying to acquire new clients and working with gathering financial information for analysis. really wonderful place to work and wonderful state!!!!!
Pros
everything...health insurance was incredible.
Cons
state its self is so far away!