First National Bank Alaska Employee Reviews

First Nation Bank Alaska
Loan Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 2, 2016
if I were to describe my time at First National Bank Alaska, I would have to say that I enjoyed most of the time I spent employed. I was hired to do a job I had only limited experience, and was encouraged to constantly learn more, and get better.
Pros
Fast paced, and exciting work environment, that challenges you to improve.
Cons
management is transparent, and will only help employees if it can benegit them.
Great career starter
Lead Teller/ CSR (Former Employee) –  Palmer, AKJuly 5, 2016
I was a teller here and I loved working in Palmer. I made a lot of friends and learned some valuable skills to further my professional career.
Pros
All the paid holidays
Cons
My branch co workers were not friendly
Great place to work, they value you
BSA Analyst / Reporting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 21, 2015
I've learned that working for this company was all about the people. The employees created an awesome culture that made the every day environment fun and enjoyable. I would definitely work for this company again.
Loan Unit
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 18, 2015
You can learn lots if you have someone to teach but there are few or outdated tools/manual to follow. A bit higher rotation on the Unit, however you can find some people that has been there a long time or seem so. Communication style need to be improved.
Pros
Family/Local Company
Cons
Management style.
Family Owned Bank
Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 13, 2014
Community Bank with tenor of employees of 20+ years. Longevity of Bank 90+ years with 30+ branches. Need innovative improvements to keep up with the financial arena. New management being hired to make improvements which will improve repetition of not having a competitive edge. (Conservative Bank)
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
need technology improvements to retain customers
very stressful and eggshell environment
Loan Processor IV (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 22, 2013
processed loan applications for Loan officer. Cleared exceptions and closed loans with customers.
Management was very arbitrary and hard to work for. There were layers of management to report to and none agreed with the other. A lot of deception. Co-workers for the most part were easy to get along with and helpful.
Hardest part of job was dealing with the levels of management and all telling different things.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
management layers
Exceptional team work environment
Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 19, 2015
Working at FNBA is face paced detail oriented environment. Building long lasting relationships with customers is a priority. The team work and individual work is equally important. Along with the co-workers, the management team is outstanding. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationship with the co-workers
Home Loan Officer
Assistant Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 17, 2012
Work with public, in person, phone, and computer.
Pull credit reports, analyzed income and credit, processed and packaged financial information packages for the underwriter to review/approve, worked with borrowers all the way through to coordinating loan closings.
Clear loan conditions, work with real estate agents, buyers/sellers, cross selling bank products, helping people understand their loan program, which program was right for them, and the loan process of purchasing or refinacing a home. I have a thorough knowledge of all of the ever changing loan programs, FNMA, AHFC, FHLMC, Conventional, FHA and VA's various products. Multi Task position, with a lot of interruptions through out the day. 9-10 hour a day work week. Had to meet deadlines for home closings and being able to lock people in on an interest rate and get their loan closed. Time was always of the essence.
Pros
loved the job and meeting deadlines
Wonderful place to work. Everyone worked together. Fabulous state
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2013
Everyday was great. The best job I ever had. (It was just to far away from family.) Everyone worked together whether it was trying to acquire new clients and working with gathering financial information for analysis. really wonderful place to work and wonderful state!!!!!
Pros
everything...health insurance was incredible.
Cons
state its self is so far away!
It was an ok place
Teller (Former Employee) –  PALMER AKDecember 29, 2014
I was only there a short time I shorted one customer 200.00 Dollars we were busy and I did not use the calculator.I did enjoy all the people.
Productive and busy place.
Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 20, 2014
I learn a lot in this job, learn how to process ATMs, processing mails, payments. Multi task position through the day.

4.2