first National Bank of Northern California Employee Reviews in United States

Welcoming Efficient Workplace
Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  South San Francisco, CAMay 16, 2016
I interned for First National Bank last summer and it was an exceptional experience, exceeding my expectations. I was welcomed onto the team even though everyone was much older than me and they made sure I felt like I belonged. My favorite part was being in an uplifting work environment. I learned a tremendous amount amount the finance industry and loans not only for residential properties but also commercial real estate.
Family like co workers
Electronic Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colma, CAApril 22, 2015
Typical day at work includes, many phone calls and interruptions. Now that may seem to be a negative but with the workflow it actually makes things enjoyable and the time can just fly by. I have learned much more than anticipate working for FNB. I had just started as a teller and got a chance at advancement at a more computer oriented position 8 months into my job career and was promoted. The manager is an absolute great man with extensive knowledge and an appreciator for all computer mediums. The supervisor on the other hand is the polar opposite and the one that you must go to for questions. The hardest part of the job has to be finding the folders in the drawers. While everything is alphabetized, the difference in size of folders can make others hard to find. The most enjoyable has to be getting to know and speak with all the branch personnel and answering all their questions. A big plus to the CEO of the bank. He will remember your name and the last thing you spoke about, no matter what position you are in the bank.
Pros
Family oritented, cross trained in everything
Cons
overall health coverage can be better
Nice small community bank to work for!
IT Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Colma, CAApril 3, 2015
Great little bank situated in the Bay! You get the mom and pop feel in a small to mid-sized business setting. Thanks for all the memories!
great place with emphasis in promoting and working with community busineses and families
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Pacifica, CAApril 24, 2013
A typical day was I came in at 8:45 there was usually coffee and coworkers would bring in treats like muffins or other pastries. then we would setup our stations and let customers in. we get 2 ten min breaks and 30 for lunch. Hardest part was if there were problems with updates to our intranet because then we could not process our work. Mangers and coworkers were great, I truly enjoyed working with them
It's one of the best place to work and grow career
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAMarch 27, 2013
Friendly close nit family oriented driven environment. Great customers and potential for network growth. The most enjoyable part of the job is making every customer smile and hear them "I am very happy to bank with FNBNC.
Pros
limited product features and benefits
Cons
challege to acquire new customer
productive working environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 10, 2013
My work starts from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday, sometimes one Saturday each month(8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.). I handled cash counts, accepted deposits and withdrawals, check encashments,processed cashier’s checks and money orders. I learned to deal with different customers everyday. Our management listens and take care of its employees. My co workers are delight to work with, we have teamwork and share each other's ideas.
It's a good place to work, a lot of benefits.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Micronesia Mall, GuamDecember 20, 2012
Deliver's outstanding client service by executing financial transactions in accordance with bank policies and procedures.Maintaining an acceptable record in daily drawer balancing.I learned to deal with different kinds of people such as my co-workers and clients.Give excellent client services and solutions by identifying referral opportunities for new products based on the customers financial goals.The hardest part of the job is by the end of the day if your drawer is not balance, that's why you have to be accurate in all transactions especially in cash handling.
Pros
good benefits like medical/dental insurance; 401k retirement plan
Cons
salary is not really as good.
Great Company to Work For!
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2012
The bank is a community bank and is not like all the big banks out their. This bank is a Customer Service First bank and they will try their best to make each customer happy. It is very easy to take to a manager and if you have a complaint or suggestion you can talk to the CEO of the bank. His contact information is on the website. The upper management acknowledges the employee's.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at first National Bank of Northern California. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4