First National Bank of Omaha

First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews

big bank attitude with small town minded workers
Universal Banker (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 28, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: disconnect between management and workers is noticeable
great company, poor selection of people in management positions which leads to a disconnect between the workers who are face to face with customers and the leadership which does not see customers face to face unless and escalation occurs with a customer
FNBO
Project Management Intern (Former Employee), Omaha, NEApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free Gym
Cons: Long Hours
Great company to work for with solid management and a good culture.

Good benefits and good compensation.

Requires long hours but also offers alot ways for career advancment.
Great co-workers and friendly environment to work in.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2015
Best things about working there:
People are nice
Conservative bank
Opportunity for advancement
Good health benefits
Tuition reimbursement
Community dedicated employer
Great Place To Work
Customer Care Services (Former Employee), Omaha, NeMarch 7, 2015
Pros: benefits, co-workers, help when needed
Cons: stickler about attendance, a lot to learn
Answered phone calls from customers about there accounts. Learned almost everything about credit cards. Management is awesome. Love the managers. Co-workers some you get a long with some you don't just like any other job. Hardest part of job is dealing with angry customers or customers that you have a hard time understanding and vice versa. The most enjoyable part is meeting some great people and knowing you made a customers day.
Will miss FNBO greatly
Paralegal (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 7, 2014
Relocation forced my resignation at FNBO. I will greatly miss working at such a wonderful financial institution.
Wonderful working enviroment for a working mom.
A Good & Productive place to work
Building Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2014
Daily Work Orders & Any Emerency Calls, Learned How To Operate Fuel Cells, Co-Works Were Good To Work With, Hardest Part Was On Call, Able To Work With Contractors With Out Any Problems
Great company always focused on the employees and customers.
Various Positions (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 22, 2014
Customer focused is what FNBO was and still is about. They treat their employees well and provide lots of opportunity for upward movement. Employees were friendly and easy to work with at many levels. Training was provided for leadership advancement.
Not so good.
Senior Sourcing Analyst (Former Employee), Omaha NEAugust 2, 2014
I generally enjoyed my duties through the years, all in procurement. New upper management came in and reorganized, dismissing a lot of good people.
In depth training on diverse banking services.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Loveland, COMay 14, 2014
Pros: paid bank holidays
Cons: phone center positions were moved to omaha
A typical work day involved answering 75-100 calls covering a wide range of customer requests. I was able to assist with online banking password resets, funds transfers, check orders, debit card requests and product changes. I was able to open new checking and savings accounts and take loan applications. I enjoyed having a manager always available in person or by phone. Additionally, my co-workers were knowledgeable and happy to assist with suggestions and tips.
The most difficult part of the job was not being able to fully comply with a customers request, but this was rare and I was always backed up completely by a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of this job was going above and beyond expectations by providing great service or suggesting a new product.
Great money
Executive Sales Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: winter travel
The hardest part of the job was travel. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to corporate headquarters for training.
FNBO
Sr. Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
I am open to talk more about this face-to-face. A typical day involves project management duties. I have learned many things about credit card marketing and cardholder retention. Management styles vary. Co-workers are overall friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my role is navigating the organizational and resource limitations. The most enjoyable part of my role is working with people.
Good Company
Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NebraskaNovember 22, 2013
Made a lot of friends.
Learned how to use an Opex machine.
Learned PC and Research skills
all in all a good place to work
Collection Administration-Deceased Department (Former Employee), Omaha, NENovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work for the deceased department was very busy, incoming calls and assisting cardholders family members with their lost of love ones. I learned that most family members could not handle the responsibility of closing out their family accounts and letting them go. Management & co-workers was a joy working with and helping out when they can. The hardest part of the job was to inform the family member that their was no insurance on the account.
When we had food days and little games to help deal with the stress on the job.
Friendly workplace with challenging work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Yankton, SDSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: some of the best insurance in town
Cons: there are some people who just hate the credit card companies
Typically took 12 to 20 calls an hour and was able to share with young people about building their credit and how not to damage their credit and share with older people about getting online and replicating passwords and procedures on their own. I learned quite a bit about the benefits and pitfalls of owning a credit card and the impact on one's credit score. I really enjoyed being able to help someone do a balance transfer and get a lower interest rate that would be the start to them getting out of debt.
Good employees and positive work atmosphere.
Business Banker (Former Employee), Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: salary rate for position held
Held many positions but last position held was as a business banker that involved opening new business accounts, business development, credit analysis, relationship management and various other duties as assigned. I learned quite a few things about credit. Over my tenure as a business banker I went through 4 different managers that had different management views. I adapted to all them. My coworkers were the best part about my job. They were always available to help out. The hardest part about my job was trying to get a credit approved on small loans since FNBO was fairly conservative. The best part about my job was the flexiblity to make your own decisions with some level of autonomy other than credit approval limitations.
Great values and wonderful workforce
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSSeptember 5, 2013
Everyone here is great to work with. This company is great to work for. I wish they had more locations and more room for advancement in the KC metro area.
Good hours
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Loveland, COJuly 25, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: time off has to be approved by a computer
No advancement opportunities for those who have the tools to advance.
Great People
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 12, 2013
The people I've worked with at First National are some of the best people I've worked with anywhere.
Wonderful place to work
Switchboard Operator/CSR (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2013
It was great. Great job, great people. Nice flexibility in hours,
Good bank to be a customer at!
Senior Loan Review Analyst (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMay 16, 2013
This is a tradition old school bank. The bank is larger then they think they are. The bank is working on it's technology. There is alot of empolyee's that have worked here for many years.

About First National Bank of Omaha

At First National Bank Omaha we realize everyone has different needs in a checking account - that's why we've designed a variety – Read more

First National Bank of Omaha Salaries