First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews

Good place in the short term
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  16th & DodgeMarch 14, 2017
I thought FNB cared for it's employees but it just like other companies after you reach a certain age it's time to let you go regardless of your experience. I was among 70+ employees let go in the IT division and there were 20 employees with more then 25 years with the company and a number of them with more then 35 years. Good place as long as you don't plan on staying too long.
Great place to work....
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 9, 2017
Flexible work hours. Team attitude. Plenty of opportunity to learn new things. Hardest part of the job was on call. The culture while I was there was very good. It was a fun place to work.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Parking downtown
Professional
Sr. fraud specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 7, 2017
I learned a very professional atmosphere here and had some great managers. I enjoyed my work schedule, having three days off a week, and the company treated us well.
Has become much different than when I started
Banker & Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 30, 2017
Our management was removed by our regional director and new management was brought down from Omaha to increase sales. This caused the new manager to want rid of all employees who had been with the previous management and really made myself and others reconsider the character of the people we were working with.
Pros
Benefits, better wages
Cons
Poor management, poor hours
Great Corporate Culture
Online Products and Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2017
Lots of advancement opportunities. Great entry level positions with excellent benefits. I greatly enjoyed my time there and every position presented new challenges.
Great Benefits
Collector (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NEJanuary 3, 2017
Although this job tests your patience and how well you can handle difficult customers it is a great place to work for and has amazing benefits. The coworkers are amazing. I would say the hardest part of the job is dealing with customers screaming at you because they believe they are not at fault and that we are, it makes you challenge yourself but it is very helpful.
Great staff, management, and great culture- All positives
Teller (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEDecember 27, 2016
A typical day at work is normal day to day transactions. There is little change with a teller position, but the management is highly knowledgeable and they tend to keep great staff around you. The hardest part of the job is accuracy, and managing customer accounts consistently at the highest level while maintaining compliance. The most enjoyable part of the job has to do with being a part of something bigger when you know the company is doing great things for the community and the staff care about one another. I have no complaints about this job. They could have a better health plan, but it is decades ahead of getting insurance on your own so it is still considered a positive in my book.
Pros
People, values, PTO, growth
Cons
healthcare (kind of)
Great working enviornment
Fraud Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 14, 2016
This was a full time temporary position to assist with clearing a back-log of cases. The position was top security and involved investigation of high profile accounts to prevent fraud and identity theft. The work environment was as one would expect from a position that required complete concentration. There wasn't a large amount of communication with co-workers or management as the position required total focus in my research.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
Temporary position
Good company
Sr. Advisor, Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILNovember 20, 2016
First National Bank of Omaha is a great place to work. The company takes care of their employees and provides a good culture.
Good stepping stone
Teller (Current Employee) –  Fairway, KSNovember 16, 2016
Overall it is a great company to work for. However, I think that any employees not in the Omaha market don't get the same opportunities for advancement. Communication is not their strong suit and sometimes new promos can lead to branches being unorganized or uninformed.
Pros
Incentive pay and occasional company wide parties or gifts
Cons
Hours can vary and communication is not good
I like work with my co-workers
Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 10, 2016
I like work with my co-workers Y enjoyable my job , I concentrate and learned the difference the each work. I`m friendly.
Amazing company to work for
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 23, 2016
Best company to work for. So many wonderful and kind people. They think about the employee as much as they do about the customer.
Fun, warming environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 6, 2016
While working at First National, i had a great team of management to lead me. Supporting coworkers and our regular customers made for an "at home" work environment.
Pros
Commission from sales
Cons
N/A
Great benefits not good for long term
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 21, 2016
Working here for the most part was absolutely awesome, but after a while it became way too sales driven. It stopped being about the customer(s) and all about the numbers and cross sell. You'd almost be ridiculed for not sales pushing something to EVERY customer you waited on. And they rarely promote the employees that have been there contributing for years: if you're numbers aren't there, you won't be promoted. If you have a desire to move up within a company, but care more about the welfare of your customers than your sales goals; then run away! This isn't the place for you
Pros
Great coworkers, team atmosphere, awesome hours/benefits/PTO/pay
Cons
Top sales driven
Great work environment. Managers not completely focused on employee development.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  1620 Dodge StAugust 16, 2016
Great work environment and excellent coworkers. Struggle with change management. Managers not completely focused on employee development.
I learned a great deal but feel complacent with the position.
Banker (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 11, 2016
Each day is a repeat of the last. We do many logs because being a banker requires auditing each and every vault that you get into. The work is extremely detail oriented which is perfect for me because I am rather organized. The hardest part of this job would be keeping up with the business partner referrals. The banking industry has changed rapidly over the last year or so and is moving into a sales driven environment. The most enjoyable part of the job are the relationships you make with the customers and with the business partners. My coworkers and manager are very team-oriented and focused on the job at hand. My manager cares deeply about establishing strong relations with each customer. Overall, I have learned a great deal both about basic banking functions and also about how to continue to grow in the banking industry. It forces you to leave distractions at the door and focus on your work and your customers.
Pros
Holidays off, Sundays off, Healthcare
Cons
Varying hours, Working Weekends
Good place to work .
SQL BI Developer (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 7, 2016
I worked at First National Bank as a contractor
Pros
First National Bank recognizes and provides opportunities for high performing individuals, including ability to work a flexible schedule which supports a healthy work/life balance.
Cons
There can be high work volume and stressful demands, depending on the department you are in.
Lack of advancement
Senior Specialist Retirement Plan Services (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 25, 2016
The department I am in has a lack of opportunity for advancement. My co-workers are great, but since it is a specialized area, there is no room for growth.
First National is an overall great company to work for
Chief Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 3, 2016
Overall, First National is a great company to work for. The work atmosphere is great. They stay very current with technologies, software systems, work space related furniture and equipment, ergonomics, etc. Very relaxed atmosphere. Management willing to work with flexibility of hours in most departments. I feel their biggest downfall is in their compensation. They are currently 8 to 10 percent below like jobs in the Omaha area. Their new careers platform and it's transparency to the employees has driven several people to seek employment elsewhere. In my job searches, lateral moves in my area of expertise will bring better compensation.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Compensation is a little lacking
Fun, engaged, and diverse place to work - develops employees
Analyst 1, Risk Monitoring (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 3, 2016
Fun, engaged, and diverse place to work - develops employees. Highly community focused. Room for growth across the company and interdepartmentally. Loved it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank of Omaha. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2