First National Bank of Omaha Employee Reviews in United States

Professional with much confidentiality attached to the job.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 21, 2016
I would lock in home loans interest rates from various banks and enter loan information into Mortgage Ware for preparation of loans for purchasing. Use Access database to enter loan information. Enter payroll into a program entitled Sessions.
You can not talk at all to anyone in the company
Senior Specialist, Bankcard Credit Operations (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 11, 2016
There are no instruction manuals to help you do your work and your not allowed to talk to your neighbors at all. It is strictly nose to the grind wheel work place.
Many Opportunities
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 29, 2016
I loved the opportunities provided at First National Bank Of Omaha. Because the headquarters are in Omaha, the range of careers were plentiful.

If you showed initiative and excelled in your position, management was more than willing to let you transfer to other departments, gaining experience in many aspects of banking.

Compensation used to be very competitive but has declined. The incentive program changed often. Sometimes goals were achievable and at other times one 'knock out factor' would negate anything you would have earned.

Management was very supportive and encouraged growth.
Pros
Excellent training, coaching, promotability
Cons
inconsistent incentive programs
a great company to work for
Lead Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 21, 2016
update files and hand report to management, answer questions from other dept and response to phone calls from other divisions.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
far from where I live
Very customer oriented company.
Compliance Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 18, 2015
This bank cares about the customers and works hard to ensure the best experience possible for them. They like to provoke positive ideas in their employees to develop the customer experience even further.
Pros
Stead work, and friendly enviroment.
Very friendly place to work at.
Banker I (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CONovember 14, 2015
A typical day consisted of making our customers our number one priority by making sure I took care of their banking needs in a friendly, professional manner. My co-workers and I worked as a team helping each other in any way we could. Management was very helpful when needed but did not micromanaged us. They made it easier for us to do our jobs efficiently by not breathing down our necks. My most enjoyable part of the job was servicing my customers and putting a smile on their face.
Pros
Excellent benefits as far as health and time off.
Cons
Just breaks for lunch
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working at First National Bank of Omaha. Great facilities and people. The work was always interesting and management was fair.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Sometimes long hours.
Enjoyable Part of my job
Teller (Current Employee) –  Platteville, COSeptember 20, 2015
Absolutely love the customers and the company. Easy to move around and easy way to learn multiple skills that are required all careers.
Cons
Quality check work from multiple other departmental areas.
Lead Specialist - Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2015
In my current role, we are required to have mastery level knowledge in many job functions in order to be able to support new hire training, supervisor level phone calls, monetary items by working with Accounting and performing dispute resolution quality checks on 23 agents across all four credit card platforms (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover).
Pros
Open comunication, daily planning strategy meetings.
Cons
Little growth opportunity with zero management level turnover.
Great Company
Sr. Specialist, Accounting - AP/AR (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2015
Great company, resigned when I moved from Omaha. If I go back to Omaha, First National will be the first place I look for a job!
Great Work Experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NESeptember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. My time at First National Bank of Omaha was memorable. Each day was enjoyable because I got along with everyone. The people I worked with were very nice. This bank does a good job at creating a pleasant work environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied customers in an appropriate manner. The best part of the job was being part of a group of people who were all working to create a happy working environment. Every day at work was fun.
Pros
Employees get best bank accounts from company, Good Working hours
Enjoyable
Research and exceptions (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 2, 2015
There are several different things that were done on day to day. Data entry,answering phones,researching , problem solving, co workers are i nice bunch of people to work with.Management are supportive and have open door policy.Hardest part of Job was research. Most enjoyable were the great people I got to work with and always learning.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
computers sometimes slow
Spent many year here - loved the organization as a whole
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NE.August 1, 2015
Excellent place to work - I held a variety of roles - primarily in the Retail Banking Division and Consumer Lending. I loved working for this company and have relocated to Arizona but otherwise would have likely retired at First National Bank.
Productive, fun and Challanging.
Sr. Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 12, 2015
I enjoyed this company, I learned a lot in mailing, Reconciling and in office atmosphere. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and I always love a challenge.
big bank attitude with small town minded workers
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 28, 2015
great company, poor selection of people in management positions which leads to a disconnect between the workers who are face to face with customers and the leadership which does not see customers face to face unless and escalation occurs with a customer
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
disconnect between management and workers is noticeable
Fnbo
Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 10, 2015
Great company to work for with solid management and a good culture.

Good benefits and good compensation.

Requires long hours but also offers alot ways for career advancment.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Long Hours
Great co-workers and friendly environment to work in.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 31, 2015
Best things about working there:
People are nice
Conservative bank
Opportunity for advancement
Good health benefits
Tuition reimbursement
Community dedicated employer
Great Place To Work
Customer Care Services (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NeMarch 7, 2015
Answered phone calls from customers about there accounts. Learned almost everything about credit cards. Management is awesome. Love the managers. Co-workers some you get a long with some you don't just like any other job. Hardest part of job is dealing with angry customers or customers that you have a hard time understanding and vice versa. The most enjoyable part is meeting some great people and knowing you made a customers day.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, help when needed
Cons
stickler about attendance, a lot to learn
Will miss FNBO greatly
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 7, 2014
Relocation forced my resignation at FNBO. I will greatly miss working at such a wonderful financial institution.
Wonderful working enviroment for a working mom.
A Good & Productive place to work
Building Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 2, 2014
Daily Work Orders & Any Emerency Calls, Learned How To Operate Fuel Cells, Co-Works Were Good To Work With, Hardest Part Was On Call, Able To Work With Contractors With Out Any Problems

4.3