First National Bank of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Bank Life
Head Teller/Teller (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 8, 2016
This job has allowed me to balance my life and work flawlessly. I enjoy the people on a day to day basis and I have learned an immense amount since my start. I have worked closely with the management and staff at my location and they have truly helped me succeed.

Difficulties of this job would be the goals set and calling required as both are extremely difficult to achieve at times due to the area I am in and the lack of responses from calling.
Pros
Short travel for work, the staff, the clients
Cons
Goals, cold calling, referrals
Excellent Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMay 28, 2016
I loved working for this company! Everyone is very helpful and friendly and they really make sure you feel comfortable with your responsibilities!
typical day at work
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Prospect, PADecember 7, 2015
customers come first, sales goals, procedures, customer service, enjoyment with co-workers, always a fun place to work, serious but fun.
Pros
love customers
Cons
sales
Busy workplace, great coworkers
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2015
Nothing like the teamwork needed to run the behind the scenes in a busy city bank. I greatly enjoyed working as a team and learning about the new procedures and striving to exceed goals set before my team.
productive place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Poland, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them!
Horrible place to work - don't waste your time
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  New Florence, PASeptember 3, 2015
This is the absolute worst place to work! Very little training! Management is IMPOSSIBLE to work with. No respect given to employees. Most employees there are rude, in their own little click and unwilling to help or answer any questions! The tellers only want to socialize and do as little as possible. They are not welcoming to new employees because they don't fit in their circle and talk about everyone behind their backs. I would not recommend this job to anyone! It's definitely not worth the aggravation. This branch goes through more employees than McDonald's does. That just goes to show how awful they are to work for. It's nothing short of a joke. I also feel that it's over staffed. This small town branch has very few customers and too many tellers. They all fight over who gets to wait on someone when they're walking through the door. (Unless it's someone they don't like, then they leave their station and hide.) It's pathetic, they're pathetic! I've never been treated so poorly in my life! This was hands down the worst experience of my life!
Pros
Fun work enviroment, pay/benefits not so great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Centre Hall, PAAugust 17, 2015
-busy work day, most of the time
-learned a lot about banking as far as how to use the programs and more
-my manager was great, very personal and helped anyway she could
-co workers were like family there was only a few of us so we got to know each other really well
-hardest part was knowing what regular customers had done with certain checks, as well as keeping up with the forever changing rules and procedures
-helping people!
Productive and Educational
Physical Security & Financial Crimes Investigator (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAApril 23, 2015
I work 40 + hours a week. Great benefits and an enjoyable staff to work with. Looking to take the skills and knowledge that I have and implement them outside a financial institution.
Terrible Place to Work
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 23, 2015
-Company has no concept of family or loyalty
-Has the worst training team
-Terrible management
-only concerned with numbers and loans
-no sense of customer service
-recently made every full time employee stretch their work week from 5 to 6 days with no increase in hours or pay
Pros
bonus in 401k if company meets yearly quota
Cons
incentive plan is a bust/hours/management/goals
Dedicated and productive place to work
Loan Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAFebruary 25, 2015
It was always busy with a lot of work to do, but the co-workers always seemed to help each other when we needed it. Very friendly and great place to work. I've learned alot from this place.
Anti-Money Laundering Investigator
Anti-Money Laundering Investigator (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PANovember 17, 2014
• Maintain compliance with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist funding laws
• Participate in continuing education and training regarding anti-money laundering laws, regulations, procedures, and programs
• Compile and organize transactions to file Suspicious Activity Reports and Currency Transaction Reports with Financial Crimes Enforcement Network
• Examine records, histories, and documents using internal and external web-based data sources
• Advise employees regarding compliance of anti-money laundering policies and procedures
• Manage existing programs by incorporating regulatory changes
• Develop training procedures and provide training to employees
• Responsible for determining whether transactions meet regulations and requirements or further actions are needed
• Analyze extensive accounting statements to detect any patterns or trends that present illegal activities or frauds
• Prepare weekly/monthly reports on forensic investigation of departmental and organizational accounts
• Coordinate with the regulatory agencies and law enforcement body as and when required
• Conduct inquiries of the people suspected for indulging in illegal activities. Gather information from them to check the legality of the transactions
Pros
Loved the complexity of the investigations
Very clean work environment
Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJuly 16, 2014
Everyone should work in the banking environment at least once during their careers to see if its a fit for them. I am not a political or agenda focused person, I prefer to work very hard every day to make myself successful and not to break down my coworker's talent or self-esteem.
Productive and fun place to work
teller (Former Employee) –  State College, PaJune 23, 2014
Come in every morning and open all necessary vaults,and doors. Log onto computers. Process night drop. Open ATM and pull the envelopes from night before and process envelopes. When done with the ATM, balance various books. Open doors to bank to let customers in. Process transactions, cross-sell, suggest other options for banking. Open accounts for customers, make sales calls to customers.
I have learned the regulations of banks, also with what comes to working at a bank. I have learned to listen to customers more carefully, for key words, such as interested in buying a home, suggest mortgage, and other important details. Worked with co-workers to make the customer trust, and enjoy coming to our bank, and have them leave satisfied. Management always encouraging us to do better, and how well we have done the day before.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers. I have personally learned so much from my customers. I loved waiting on all of them, including the more difficult ones. They always taught me something new.
Pros
long lunch breaks, great co-workers, great customers
Cons
short staffed
Fun place to work. Nice customers to deal with.
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAMarch 27, 2014
Liked dealing with the public very short staffed and to much selling involved.
Good work environment, questionable management
Banker (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 27, 2014
Nice people that work there in the trenches with you, but leadership is very questionable
Employees are the best
Mortgage Processor/Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAOctober 29, 2013
Must be very detail oriented, must work as a team to accomplish goals.
Very demanding. Quiet place
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAOctober 29, 2013
Come in and pull overdraft reports and then email Relationship Managers to alert if a customer of theirs was on the list. Pull credit reports, property reports and do UCC searches if needed. Scanning existing documents. Pull work folder to see what information is needed.

I learned to do everyday work online instead of paper.

Management was lacking. Co-workers, for the most part, was understanding and helpful.

Hardest part of the job was the process of funding the commercial loans.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being with co-workers I had been with for a number of years.
Pros
Close to home. In same buidling for 19 years. Healthcare costs.
Cons
Not much respect. Little training.
Collection of delinquent auto loans
Collector (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAJuly 13, 2013
I worked on a queue of delinquent auto loans in order to collect payments.
Fast paced daily work environmant
Deposit Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMarch 7, 2013
Overall, First National Bank offers a stable work environment for their employees. There are many opportunities for employees to grow and advance within the company.
Pros
job security and advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First National Bank of Pennsylvania. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9