First National Bank of Pennsylvania Employee Reviews

Lack of diversity
Commercial Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Central PAAugust 15, 2017
This company has a serious lack of diversity in the commercial bank and senior management. There is no support for people trying to help change that culture. There is a serious lack of women, no people of color, with a median age of 50 years old.
This job isn't one I'd recommend
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Lemoyne, PAMay 26, 2017
I started my first Bank job with Metro and then Metro was bought out and became FNB, ever since the switch it's been nothing but stress and craziness I would not recommend working here to anyone
Pros
No pros
Cons
Short breaks, not good management etc
Interesting associates
Teller/ Floating Teller (Current Employee) –  Lock Haven, PAApril 26, 2017
Management varies from place to place, but the people you work with and customers are great. There are multiple chances to further your position in the company.
great starter job
Teller I (Current Employee) –  PAApril 17, 2017
Makes a good starter job. Gives good advancement if willing to relocate. Easy to make a career out of if willing to put in the years to get to the position you want.
Pros
charity days, incentives
Cons
no personal calls, make weekly sales calls
N/a
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2017
Handle transactions and daily
Branch duties, take care of customers needs and see if I can offer any other banking needs to our customers and supervise the teller line
Teller (Former Employee) –  Neshannock, PAMarch 22, 2017
There is never a day when you don't learn something new. I learned to have patience when dealing with adversity. There was always a supervisor available in case I had questions or if I wasn't sure what to do. The management treated us all like family which made learning new banking formats more comfortable. I always went to work with a positive attitude because I knew that no matter what the day brought, I would always have guidance and understanding from all of my peers.
Pros
Great learning process
Cons
Sometimes dealing with unruly customers
Good Place to work
Branch Manager / Officer (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 12, 2017
I have liked my time at FNB. I wish there was more training but the small bank feel is great. I would recommend FNB to anyone looking to get started or grow in banking career.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
Little Training
Worst Job I've Ever Had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2017
If you're looking for a good job in the Baltimore/Washington area then this is not the bank for you.

Terrible Management - They don't care about operations, core functions or government compliance of your branch.

Outdated, terrible and downright laughable banking/operations software

Unrealistically high and unachievable sales goals

You are forced to work overtime

Again, because I need to make it clear to whoever is reading this - TERRIBLE MANAGEMENT.

I have a number of complaints but I'm trying to keep this short. DO NOT WORK HERE. In fact, if you have money with this bank already I will suggest that you remove it and go somewhere else. I am constantly fixing customer's accounts because of inept management and poor banking software.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Poor Management, Sales First - Customer Second
Higher Ups suck
Teller (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDFebruary 27, 2017
I loved my co-workers they were like a second family to me, but once you got past the managers position every one treated you like a child who doesnt understand how to do your job.
I had my area manager call me while I was waiting on a client and tell me he was more important then whomever I was waiting on and that they could wait. You know what he wanted to talk about, how to provide good customer service!
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Poor management
A Great Place to Work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hollidaysburg, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked as a teller for three summers and learned a lot about the industry. Throughout the day, I waited on people in the lobby, drive-thru, and on the phone. The transactions I processed daily were deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, safety deposit box payments, and others. I was responsible for keeping all customers information confidential. At the end of every day, I would balance my drawer, lock it away, then close the vault.
Bank Life
Head Teller/Teller (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 8, 2016
This job has allowed me to balance my life and work flawlessly. I enjoy the people on a day to day basis and I have learned an immense amount since my start. I have worked closely with the management and staff at my location and they have truly helped me succeed.

Difficulties of this job would be the goals set and calling required as both are extremely difficult to achieve at times due to the area I am in and the lack of responses from calling.
Pros
Short travel for work, the staff, the clients
Cons
Goals, cold calling, referrals
Excellent Place to Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMay 28, 2016
I loved working for this company! Everyone is very helpful and friendly and they really make sure you feel comfortable with your responsibilities!
Mundane office work
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, PAMay 24, 2016
FNB of PA gave me the opportunity to work in a real life office, doing any and all activities that happen in a bank's data center.
Pros
High hourly wage
Cons
Long hours, not enough work to go around
typical day at work
Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Prospect, PADecember 7, 2015
customers come first, sales goals, procedures, customer service, enjoyment with co-workers, always a fun place to work, serious but fun.
Pros
love customers
Cons
sales
Busy workplace, great coworkers
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2015
Nothing like the teamwork needed to run the behind the scenes in a busy city bank. I greatly enjoyed working as a team and learning about the new procedures and striving to exceed goals set before my team.
productive place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Poland, OHSeptember 8, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them!
Horrible place to work - don't waste your time
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  New Florence, PASeptember 3, 2015
This is the absolute worst place to work! Very little training! Management is IMPOSSIBLE to work with. No respect given to employees. Most employees there are rude, in their own little click and unwilling to help or answer any questions! The tellers only want to socialize and do as little as possible. They are not welcoming to new employees because they don't fit in their circle and talk about everyone behind their backs. I would not recommend this job to anyone! It's definitely not worth the aggravation. This branch goes through more employees than McDonald's does. That just goes to show how awful they are to work for. It's nothing short of a joke. I also feel that it's over staffed. This small town branch has very few customers and too many tellers. They all fight over who gets to wait on someone when they're walking through the door. (Unless it's someone they don't like, then they leave their station and hide.) It's pathetic, they're pathetic! I've never been treated so poorly in my life! This was hands down the worst experience of my life!
Pros
Fun work enviroment, pay/benefits not so great
Teller (Current Employee) –  Centre Hall, PAAugust 17, 2015
-busy work day, most of the time
-learned a lot about banking as far as how to use the programs and more
-my manager was great, very personal and helped anyway she could
-co workers were like family there was only a few of us so we got to know each other really well
-hardest part was knowing what regular customers had done with certain checks, as well as keeping up with the forever changing rules and procedures
-helping people!
Productive and Educational
Physical Security & Financial Crimes Investigator (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PAApril 23, 2015
I work 40 + hours a week. Great benefits and an enjoyable staff to work with. Looking to take the skills and knowledge that I have and implement them outside a financial institution.
Terrible Place to Work
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDMarch 23, 2015
-Company has no concept of family or loyalty
-Has the worst training team
-Terrible management
-only concerned with numbers and loans
-no sense of customer service
-recently made every full time employee stretch their work week from 5 to 6 days with no increase in hours or pay
Pros
bonus in 401k if company meets yearly quota
Cons
incentive plan is a bust/hours/management/goals