First National Pawn Employee Reviews

Horrible management
Sales lending associate (Former Employee) –  Mandan, NDSeptember 21, 2017
Toxic environment. Management has crossed many lines yet they keep him. Stressful place to work. If you don't mind being bad mouthed by your manager to your fellow employees then this is the place for you. Management is extremely toxic which makes it an unsafe work environment you can be late, not show up or just not be productive at work and no consequences.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
-Management!, Schedule changes last minute every week, Higher ups do nothing about the work environment.
Exciting
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MTAugust 4, 2017
Everyday was interesting and new, pay was good and so were the hours. Excellent management and great coworkers as well. It was easy to wake up and go to work with a smile on my face.
Not an ideal place to start a career.
Pawn Associate (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 5, 2017
Being a pawnbroker can be an interesting, dynamic, and fun job… At least when working for the right employer. In my experience, this wasn't it. This is not to say that the employees at the store level aren't great. They are, and they do their best to make the work environment as friendly and functional as possible. Unfortunately, rash decisions and poor leadership at the corporate (and/or ownership) level make this a difficult business to work for. While there are a lot of skills to learn and experience to be had here, this is not where I would go looking for a secure, long-term career.
Fun working and relaxed
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 21, 2017
I would go to work at 8:00 am and work through the day till 8:00 pm. I would sell things and pawn things anywhere from snow shoes to firearms. I also did a lot of ECOM there. I sold stuff on eBay and amazon.
I wouldnt work there agine
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTDecember 17, 2016
I worked there for just over a year before getting a better job. The customers can be enjoyable most days some days you put up with quite a bit. The management is incompetent. The pay is all right. Biggest complaint is I've seen to many people fired for just saying high to the owners when there in a bad mood. The owners really are the downside to working there. They come in all the time and disrupt the flow of the business.
Pros
Employee discounts, alright pay, friendly co-workers
Cons
Low job security, little chance for advancement, the owners
Great pay, great benefits, and never a boring day.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  IdahoSeptember 13, 2016
I've only been with the company for a short while doing customer service. Every day brings interesting people, items, and challenges. The other employees are extremely friendly and willing to give a hand if you need it, and the manager isn't afraid to get into the thick of it all. There's lots of little things to learn but it comes pretty quickly with practice.

One of the biggest drawbacks is the clientele. While there are certainly great people that come through, others can be sour grapes. You can expect to interact with people who are either just desperate for money and dig themselves into financial pits, or are upset that you can't give them better offers on stuff they pawn or sell. It can be kind of depressing sometimes, but when things get busy you hardly notice.

Another drawback would be work hours. My day starts at 8am and ends around 6:30pm, which includes an hour-long lunch break. It's a little lengthy, but as I get paid by the hour I can't complain much. Plus the time flies by really quickly and before you know it the day has ended. Pretty soon however things where I am will switch to a four-day work week (8am-7:30pm) with three days off every week. Can't complain there!

My coworkers are great however! When I started everyone was quick to introduce themselves, lend a hand if needed, give advice, and come to your aide if you were having any sort of issue. All of the employees also take on the cleaning, yard work, and general store upkeep, which keeps everyone invested in the well-being of the shop. Nobody lacks interest in the job, we're all in it together
  more... and choose to work as a team. There's also some healthy competition to see who can help the most customers and make the most money in sales for the day (the computer system logs in the amount of money everyone makes for a given period of time).

Employees also get discounts on stuff in the store, usually close to what the pawn shop paid for it. So if we were selling a TV for $300, I could snag it for myself for probably around $175-200. Those discounts get bigger the longer you're with the company which is nice. You also see a LOT of really cool stuff come through the store. Plasma cutters, civil war-era sabres, WWI-II firearms, interesting knives and flashlights...you never get bored with all the cool stuff!

Another great benefit is simply the experience you get. Selling items you've never seen before, negotiating with customers, stocking and organizing stuff, cleaning, training new employees, retail. It's stuff that not only looks good on a resume but also gives you some perspective.

Overall I'm happy with this job!
Pros
Long lunch breaks, great starting pay, interesting clientele, friendly coworkers, store discounts, never boring
Cons
Long work days, "interesting" clientele, lots of procedures to learn
I had a lot of fun and learned something new every day
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 12, 2015
The job was interesting and it paid well. However you kind of feel like you're married to your job after a while. It just sort of takes over your life.
You can never get a straight answer out of anyone you work with. As you would expect with a Pawn Shop, you can't trust anyone you work with or for. But overall an incredible life experience, just watch your back.
Pros
long lunch break, cheep stuff, good pay
Cons
people are crazy, and they will drive you crazy
it was an enjoyable place to work for the first couple of years
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDSeptember 16, 2014
managment needs to go to a training class or two the people who work there need to take there vacations the owner needs to listen to her employees and not be so judgemental all in all a good job if you don't take insults personally
Pros
high pay
Cons
no leadership abusive environment
Good workplace for the most part.
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTNovember 16, 2013
Fun job to work at. you learn alot and meet alot of unique people. The management for the most part is good.
Pros
Great management.
Cons
Hard too move up in the company.
Would not work here again.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTNovember 11, 2013
Hard to say something nice about this place. So I will leave it at that.
Enjoyable place to work
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 27, 2012
Everyday you help someone get money when they need it. I learned about electronics, jewlery, and native american art while working here.