First Niagara Bank

First Niagara Bank Employer Reviews

Lot of snow and very child place
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2015
FNFG is good to work.

I am not willing to continue due to Cold. I learned the how to handle if there are too many players in the same game.

Too many players and layers to report. Co-workers are very nice people to work.

Most enjoyable here is summer is very good to stay here.

Nothing is hard to say.
Great Place to work
Banking (Current Employee), SWCTJanuary 23, 2015
A highly entrepreneurial, and effective Retail Banking Sales Manager with the proven ability to lead, coach and manage a team of sales professionals resulting in a measurable increase in sales, service and performance.
It's a nice place to work at.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Cos Cob, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pto time.
Cons: layoffs.
I personally liked the PTO Time. It was a very flexible schedule with management.
Duites
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 4, 2015
 Mentored and coached bankers, tellers, throughout my career in the financial industry.
 Provide consultation to clients for personal and business financial needs including deposit and lending needs.
 Acted as manager in the absence of the applicable branch manager.
 Exercise superior relationship management skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
 Develop and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors, Insurance Agents and other centers of influences to maximize sales opportunities.
 Maintain a steady flow of new and existing business opportunities though various strategies, tactics and targets techniques.
 Reviewed and approved loan packages submitted by bankers
Each branch has a different experience
Teller (Former Employee), Ransomville, NYDecember 30, 2014
Typically day varies with dealing with clients with doing transactions, filing customers information. Co-Workers have different personalities and can sometimes be hard to work with.
Excellent Bank
Division Manager (Current Employee), CNYDecember 30, 2014
Overall, very well run bank with a great culture. I would recommend this bank for employment.

The overall collobration and cross selling is woven into the daily activities.
They paid well.... but the bosses had no clue...and no work life balance. I felt like a slave
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Plymouth MeetingDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: morons for managers, culture sucked, favoritism
Beautiful office... lots of perks... but the lower level managers were clueless. The culture was horrible.. My boss would literally come around and check your desk for dust.... and stand by your office and point at her watch if you were one minute late... lots of late nights working...they appreciated us very little. They paid well... but they have to to attract ppl anymore. no one stays very long... and word is out that the place sucks to work for.
good working experience
QA test lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2014
Good working experience and learned alot. worked in agile project and with a team size of 20 peoples.
Great job for high school degree
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Old Saybrook, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, all holidays off
Cons: asked to much for little pay
I truly enjoy working at First Niagara as a senior teller where I run the teller line and keep the day to day operations up. I am responsible for balancing myself and the branch to a T and am always in charge of the monthly audits as well as keeping everything up to date for our yearly compliance audit. I have great co workers and a manager who is really flexible and fair.
Many Changes Underway
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2014
I started with HSBC and was part of the acquisition by First Niagara. Jobs are being eliminated and mine was one of them. I enjoyed the people I worked with, my Manager and the position that I had held. I had a challenging position that required a great deal of confidentiality, organization and working with many different people. My co-workers were wonderful and will be greatly missed.
Test Lead
Test Lead (Current Employee), Milford, OHNovember 29, 2014
Testing, Requirement gathering and analysis, test plan, test execution, test data preparation, system testing, functional testing, regression testing, Quality Management, Release Management, Assigning tasks, leading the offshore and onshore teams.
Fun, productive place to work
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Amherst, NYNovember 28, 2014
Very friendly and helpful co-workers and staff. Typical day at work includes reviewing and logging trailing documents of mortgages. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is always a very pleasant place to work.
Loved my co-workers and working for a financial center
Bank Teller (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYNovember 19, 2014
The East Greenbush Branch was a wonderful place to work, it is a financial center so you are expected to meet sales goals even over the teller line. Great place to work.
Good Company to work
Sr. UI Developer (Current Employee), Milford, OHNovember 18, 2014
Good support from Team and Management.
Gained experience in new technologies.
Enjoyed my job.

I recommend this company to others

Also I got good support from clients.

I would like to work again for any new project in this organization.

Good support from Team and Management.
Gained experience in new technologies.
Enjoyed my job.

I recommend this company to others

Also I got good support from clients.

I would like to work again for any new project in this organization.
Sale driven, and consistancy
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Stamford, CTNovember 5, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: n/a
I am a natural sales person. Sales is not hard work to me it is something that I do and enjoy doing.
Family feel
Assistant Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Ludlow, MANovember 5, 2014
Great place to work for they allow growth. The bank was small and so there are was not much public awareness.
fun fast pace company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Exton, PANovember 4, 2014
very polished company that takes there job very seriously with no wiggle rome
Branch Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 2, 2014
Great place to start out entry level and move up the ladder with growth opportunity.
Great people, great IT job!
Network Administrator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 27, 2014
Pros: loving my job
Cons: having to leave due to medical issues
My typical day was the day to day operations of our IT department. Making sure backups were done each night/morning, running helpdesk, server maintenance, desktop repair/installs, phones, creating/removing user accounts, testing in lab, installing network infrastructure. I learned to have fun and still get my work done in a professional and timely manner. I loved my co-workers no matter what department they were in. Hardest part of the job was on busy days if there were network infrastructure problems. I am still friends with many of my former colleagues. I miss First Niagara.
Fun place to work but impossible to advance.
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Suffern, NYOctober 26, 2014
Pros: relationship retention
Cons: compensation and salary
Undergoing multiple changes that employees are disagreeing with. The company seems to look after only themselves and not their employees.

1 2 3 4 5