First Niagara Bank

First Niagara Bank United States Employee Reviews

Customer Centric, Productive, Motivation, Goal driven
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Lockport, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Sometimes free pizza is provided, gift card rewards, CCC Bucks
Cons: Short breaks, can't walk around much
First Niagara is a good place to start if one decides to journey into the corporate world. It has many challenges that are never to difficult to figure out. The company cares about its employees and customers. We are known for our customer service. I learned about time management, and being patient with people. My co-workers were my friends we get along, we know what the business day brings each of us and we are their to support one another. Management is always there, willing to help out with any problem an employee may be having. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customer and providing them with the best service possible. The difficult part about the job is having to learn new things everyday. The system changes and we have to learn the new system. We are always updating and improving the structure at first Niagara and sometimes it does require an update with the system. But of course it is nothing that we can't handle. We are trained well and have great motivation to learn the new skill.
Productive and good working environment.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Hamden, CTApril 5, 2015
The main focus is on Sales and Services. The other part of the position requires me to also ensure that we are up to standard and are also work closely with my team to ensure that we are working within the bank's policies and procedures.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Watervliet, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, benefits, LOB partners.
Cons: When they decided to obsolve the Assistant Manager position.
I loved working at First Niagara. The only reason I had left there, was because my husband had retired, and we dicided to try living in Florida.I worked their for 11 years.My co-workers and Manager were fantastic.
Customer centric work environment with lots of change on the horizon
Fraud Risk Supervisor, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: too much change too fast
I loved working at the bank and was able to move up the ladder. The job was fun and the people I worked with were great. The company is very involved with the community and always gives back.
Drive Thru Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Fogelsville, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short breaks
Very demanding.
Management not very nice at times.
Co-Workers were very nice.
Hard getting referrals from drive-thru customers.
Changing Culture
Compliance Manager, Consumer Lending (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
The change in culture is slowly taking hold. First Niagara draws upon the knowledge of its employees and shows an effort to compensate them fairly.
First Niagara is an everchanging company and ALWAYS requires more activity for less compensation from their employees.
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee), Frazer and Devon PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: meeting monthly sales goals
Cons: having more responsibilities than able to complete
My typical day at work started with my "to do" list. I managed two branches and needed to stay organized. I then moved from my to do list to my email inbox and dealt with any and all requests that were on a limited time frame. When the teller line was overwhelmed I took teller transactions and sold available products to customers. Any time during the day when the platform staff needed assistance as well I stepped away from my duties to complete customer inquiries and open accounts for consumer and business customers. When time allowed I completed tasks on my to do list and made sure that the paperwork was properly filed in the correct location. In addition daily I audited the branches ATM and Vault and was active in the quarterly auditing and compliance responsibilities.

I learned to work closely with my fellow employees to make sure that they felt accomplished on their daily activities. Weather they were having issues with a trouble customer, not sure how to sell a product, finding cash differences, completing training material, keeping in compliance with their individual work and meeting their monthly sales goals. I have also traveled to all branches in the district to fulfill staffing issues and worked with a "skeleton crew".

The management within the branches changed frequently and I had to learn to teach the new management the compliance rules and requirements so that the branch was compliant with federal standards. In the position I was in made this extremely challenging in the fact that I needed to do everything at the same time.

My co-workers were the sole reason – more... I stayed with the company. I learned to know them on a professional and personal level and enjoyed the personalities that were brought to the table. I would have done anything for the sake of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was not completing the items on my to-do list. I worked extremely hard to know as much as I did and was not able to keep on top of everything. When the management did not know what to do I was pulled away from my duties to make sure the customer was satisfied in the bank, when the staff had trouble I was pulled away from my duties, when audits were conducted I was pulled away from my duties, when staff was low I was pulled away form my duties. As much as I loved the staff I was not doing my job all because I was needed elsewhere and did not know how to say no.

The best part of working as a branch employee was the customers. I enjoyed working with people and was great at selling accounts to new customers. I enjoy working in the face of public and do well under pressure. I learned more than I can remember about banking lingo and what the fine print really means. I learned to be financially responsible and to spot things that most consumers do not know exist. – less
Lot of snow and very child place
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2015
FNFG is good to work.

I am not willing to continue due to Cold. I learned the how to handle if there are too many players in the same game.

Too many players and layers to report. Co-workers are very nice people to work.

Most enjoyable here is summer is very good to stay here.

Nothing is hard to say.
Great Place to work
Banking (Current Employee), SWCTJanuary 23, 2015
A highly entrepreneurial, and effective Retail Banking Sales Manager with the proven ability to lead, coach and manage a team of sales professionals resulting in a measurable increase in sales, service and performance.
It's a nice place to work at.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Cos Cob, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pto time.
Cons: layoffs.
I personally liked the PTO Time. It was a very flexible schedule with management.
Duites
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 4, 2015
 Mentored and coached bankers, tellers, throughout my career in the financial industry.
 Provide consultation to clients for personal and business financial needs including deposit and lending needs.
 Acted as manager in the absence of the applicable branch manager.
 Exercise superior relationship management skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
 Develop and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors, Insurance Agents and other centers of influences to maximize sales opportunities.
 Maintain a steady flow of new and existing business opportunities though various strategies, tactics and targets techniques.
 Reviewed and approved loan packages submitted by bankers
Each branch has a different experience
Teller (Former Employee), Ransomville, NYDecember 30, 2014
Typically day varies with dealing with clients with doing transactions, filing customers information. Co-Workers have different personalities and can sometimes be hard to work with.
Excellent Bank
Division Manager (Current Employee), CNYDecember 30, 2014
Overall, very well run bank with a great culture. I would recommend this bank for employment.

The overall collobration and cross selling is woven into the daily activities.
They paid well.... but the bosses had no clue...and no work life balance. I felt like a slave
Trust Officer (Current Employee), Plymouth MeetingDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: morons for managers, culture sucked, favoritism
Beautiful office... lots of perks... but the lower level managers were clueless. The culture was horrible.. My boss would literally come around and check your desk for dust.... and stand by your office and point at her watch if you were one minute late... lots of late nights working...they appreciated us very little. They paid well... but they have to to attract ppl anymore. no one stays very long... and word is out that the place sucks to work for.
good working experience
QA test lead (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHDecember 20, 2014
Good working experience and learned alot. worked in agile project and with a team size of 20 peoples.
Great job for high school degree
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Old Saybrook, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: benefits, all holidays off
Cons: asked to much for little pay
I truly enjoy working at First Niagara as a senior teller where I run the teller line and keep the day to day operations up. I am responsible for balancing myself and the branch to a T and am always in charge of the monthly audits as well as keeping everything up to date for our yearly compliance audit. I have great co workers and a manager who is really flexible and fair.
Many Changes Underway
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 8, 2014
I started with HSBC and was part of the acquisition by First Niagara. Jobs are being eliminated and mine was one of them. I enjoyed the people I worked with, my Manager and the position that I had held. I had a challenging position that required a great deal of confidentiality, organization and working with many different people. My co-workers were wonderful and will be greatly missed.
Test Lead
Test Lead (Current Employee), Milford, OHNovember 29, 2014
Testing, Requirement gathering and analysis, test plan, test execution, test data preparation, system testing, functional testing, regression testing, Quality Management, Release Management, Assigning tasks, leading the offshore and onshore teams.
Fun, productive place to work
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee), Amherst, NYNovember 28, 2014
Very friendly and helpful co-workers and staff. Typical day at work includes reviewing and logging trailing documents of mortgages. The most enjoyable part of the job is it is always a very pleasant place to work.
Loved my co-workers and working for a financial center
Bank Teller (Former Employee), East Greenbush, NYNovember 19, 2014
The East Greenbush Branch was a wonderful place to work, it is a financial center so you are expected to meet sales goals even over the teller line. Great place to work.

1 2 3 4 5