First Niagara Bank Employee Reviews

A Very Nice company
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Southwick, MAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: computer system
Excellent Customer Service, Customers were awsome, i was a senior teller or back up head teller, so i helped the head teller with some of her dutys, or all if she was away. Great Manager and coworkers.
a
FHA Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 2, 2015
decent regional bank to work at. Not a lot of room for upward mobility but was good to get in and get out.
Please tell us more about working at this company in Your Review.
Traditional bank branch with all types of clients
Relationship Banker (Former Employee), West Haven, CTJune 10, 2015
Pros: Interact with so many different characteristics
Cons: Too much stress/work for minimal pay
- Not too much to say about First Niagara as it is the same as any other banking branch. High volume of clients/traffic, aggressive goals, minimal work-life balance, risk of robbery or fraud, etc.

- Old filing system that requires more work for bank employees to be compliant.
Very unpleasant place
Teller (Former Employee), Cortland, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: management doesn't know employees
ask too much out of the employees
very unperson able
more interested in new customers, rather then making the old customers happy
too big to fast
awful pay
OK assignment
Operations Specialist II (Temporary) (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 7, 2015
Pros: Great location
Cons: Computer systems are very old
Temped as part of a short term project. Pay was OK, better than unemployment. Everyone seemed nice. Not a bad job. Wanted to extend for a different assignment but took better opportunity. heard people could temp for up to 2 years will still not being looked at for a perm job though.
Good company to work for.
Senior Business Analyst/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, work enviornment
Cons: Growth opportunity
First Niagara is a good place to work. I enjoy coming to work everyday. There is a lot of oppurtunity to develop new skills.
Shrinking Company
Sr. Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: tuition assistance, customer relations
Cons: generally low paying, promotions from within come with insultingly small raises, staff reduction
It is a rapidly downsizing company in a slowly downsizing industry. Upper management positions are being done away with with severely limits advancement potential. That being said, if the people you work with are good people it can be a very enjoyable experience.

CEO Gary Crosby is making decisions that will benefit the company long term at the short term cost of employee morale.
Customer Centric, Productive, Motivation, Goal driven
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Lockport, NYApril 7, 2015
Pros: Sometimes free pizza is provided, gift card rewards, CCC Bucks
Cons: Short breaks, can't walk around much
First Niagara is a good place to start if one decides to journey into the corporate world. It has many challenges that are never to difficult to figure out. The company cares about its employees and customers. We are known for our customer service. I learned about time management, and being patient with people. My co-workers were my friends we get along, we know what the business day brings each of us and we are their to support one another. Management is always there, willing to help out with any problem an employee may be having. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customer and providing them with the best service possible. The difficult part about the job is having to learn new things everyday. The system changes and we have to learn the new system. We are always updating and improving the structure at first Niagara and sometimes it does require an update with the system. But of course it is nothing that we can't handle. We are trained well and have great motivation to learn the new skill.
Productive and good working environment.
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Hamden, CTApril 5, 2015
The main focus is on Sales and Services. The other part of the position requires me to also ensure that we are up to standard and are also work closely with my team to ensure that we are working within the bank's policies and procedures.
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Watervliet, NYMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, benefits, LOB partners.
Cons: When they decided to obsolve the Assistant Manager position.
I loved working at First Niagara. The only reason I had left there, was because my husband had retired, and we dicided to try living in Florida.I worked their for 11 years.My co-workers and Manager were fantastic.
Customer centric work environment with lots of change on the horizon
Fraud Risk Supervisor, Assistant Vice President (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: too much change too fast
I loved working at the bank and was able to move up the ladder. The job was fun and the people I worked with were great. The company is very involved with the community and always gives back.
Drive Thru Teller
Teller (Former Employee), Fogelsville, PAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free snacks
Cons: short breaks
Very demanding.
Management not very nice at times.
Co-Workers were very nice.
Hard getting referrals from drive-thru customers.
Changing Culture
Compliance Manager, Consumer Lending (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYMarch 10, 2015
The change in culture is slowly taking hold. First Niagara draws upon the knowledge of its employees and shows an effort to compensate them fairly.
First Niagara is an everchanging company and ALWAYS requires more activity for less compensation from their employees.
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee), Frazer and Devon PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: meeting monthly sales goals
Cons: having more responsibilities than able to complete
My typical day at work started with my "to do" list. I managed two branches and needed to stay organized. I then moved from my to do list to my email inbox and dealt with any and all requests that were on a limited time frame. When the teller line was overwhelmed I took teller transactions and sold available products to customers. Any time during the day when the platform staff needed assistance as well I stepped away from my duties to complete customer inquiries and open accounts for consumer and business customers. When time allowed I completed tasks on my to do list and made sure that the paperwork was properly filed in the correct location. In addition daily I audited the branches ATM and Vault and was active in the quarterly auditing and compliance responsibilities.

I learned to work closely with my fellow employees to make sure that they felt accomplished on their daily activities. Weather they were having issues with a trouble customer, not sure how to sell a product, finding cash differences, completing training material, keeping in compliance with their individual work and meeting their monthly sales goals. I have also traveled to all branches in the district to fulfill staffing issues and worked with a "skeleton crew".

The management within the branches changed frequently and I had to learn to teach the new management the compliance rules and requirements so that the branch was compliant with federal standards. In the position I was in made this extremely challenging in the fact that I needed to do everything at the same time.

My co-workers were the sole reason – more... I stayed with the company. I learned to know them on a professional and personal level and enjoyed the personalities that were brought to the table. I would have done anything for the sake of my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job was not completing the items on my to-do list. I worked extremely hard to know as much as I did and was not able to keep on top of everything. When the management did not know what to do I was pulled away from my duties to make sure the customer was satisfied in the bank, when the staff had trouble I was pulled away from my duties, when audits were conducted I was pulled away from my duties, when staff was low I was pulled away form my duties. As much as I loved the staff I was not doing my job all because I was needed elsewhere and did not know how to say no.

The best part of working as a branch employee was the customers. I enjoyed working with people and was great at selling accounts to new customers. I enjoy working in the face of public and do well under pressure. I learned more than I can remember about banking lingo and what the fine print really means. I learned to be financially responsible and to spot things that most consumers do not know exist. – less
Lot of snow and very child place
Solutions Architect (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2015
FNFG is good to work.

I am not willing to continue due to Cold. I learned the how to handle if there are too many players in the same game.

Too many players and layers to report. Co-workers are very nice people to work.

Most enjoyable here is summer is very good to stay here.

Nothing is hard to say.
Great Place to work
Banking (Current Employee), SWCTJanuary 23, 2015
A highly entrepreneurial, and effective Retail Banking Sales Manager with the proven ability to lead, coach and manage a team of sales professionals resulting in a measurable increase in sales, service and performance.
It's a nice place to work at.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Cos Cob, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: pto time.
Cons: layoffs.
I personally liked the PTO Time. It was a very flexible schedule with management.
Duites
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee), Lansdale, PAJanuary 4, 2015
 Mentored and coached bankers, tellers, throughout my career in the financial industry.
 Provide consultation to clients for personal and business financial needs including deposit and lending needs.
 Acted as manager in the absence of the applicable branch manager.
 Exercise superior relationship management skills to ensure customer satisfaction.
 Develop and maintain relationships with Financial Advisors, Insurance Agents and other centers of influences to maximize sales opportunities.
 Maintain a steady flow of new and existing business opportunities though various strategies, tactics and targets techniques.
 Reviewed and approved loan packages submitted by bankers
Each branch has a different experience
Teller (Former Employee), Ransomville, NYDecember 30, 2014
Typically day varies with dealing with clients with doing transactions, filing customers information. Co-Workers have different personalities and can sometimes be hard to work with.
Excellent Bank
Division Manager (Current Employee), CNYDecember 30, 2014
Overall, very well run bank with a great culture. I would recommend this bank for employment.

The overall collobration and cross selling is woven into the daily activities.