First Niagara Bank Employee Reviews

was bought out by Key Bank
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 21, 2017
Small bank, you wear several hats. They had major layoffs, and unfortunately it was bought out by Key Bank.The hardest part of the job is sales with no prospects.
Pros
good pay
Cons
layoffs
Unsuccesful merger
Vice President-Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Glen, PA 19002April 12, 2017
This institution was formed via merger through the OCC. The stated goals couldn't be realized due to lack of lending support. It is not surprising that this institution is no longer in business.
Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  Brighton, NYApril 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working for a great company such as First Niagara Bank. Overall I looked forward to going into work everyday, meeting new people and learning new things everyday.
Review files after clsoing for accuracy
Post Closer - Administrative Center (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYMarch 24, 2017
I enjoyed my position at First Niagara at the time management was great and easy to talk to everyone got along well and willing to help each other. I only left because my position was made part time and I needed a fulltime position.
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 18, 2017
Not one day was the same, which always keeps you on your toes.
Very faced paced environment helping internal and external customers. Workplace environment was fun however challenging at times. Friendly atmosphere and wonderful people to work with.
Pros
Ideal location
Cons
Keybank takeover
Productive and fun work space with will do attitudes and determination
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYFebruary 28, 2017
I am an overachiever.
I do not call in unless im violently ill.
Generally I work between 9 and 10 hour days
When I can, I come in on the weekends.
Very loyal.
Pros
Causal Days
Cons
Unhappy customers yelling blaming you and profanity
It was a good place to work
Director (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 6, 2017
First Niagara was a good place to work. It's mission was solid and management was fair. The culture differed from that at Key Bank as they are more siloed than First Niagara was.
Associate Credit Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 27, 2017
Great place to work, management was great. Sometimes long work days but overall was rewarding work. Company has a great culture and a great workplace environment.
It was a job
Financial Services Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lockport, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Customer centric. Building had recently been remodeled so the working conditions were good. Based on your manager you may or may not have opportunities for career growth.
Pros
Flexible with personal time.
Cons
Limited opportunities for growth
Commercial loan administrator (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 22, 2017
Great place to lean and grow. I always felt at home. My job was different every day My colleagues always wanted to help everyone and there was great harmony
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
unable tp promote
Great company!!!!
Customer Care Representative & Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 20, 2016
While working at First Niagara, was able to cross train to the desk and learn more to assist my customers. They are no longer in the area due to a bank merger.
Excellent Work Culture
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 17, 2016
WRUB Presents an Excellent Work Culture and an opportunity for students and young professionals to get exposure and experience in the broadcasting and radio industries.
Pros
Free Lunches Media Access to Events Tickets To Events Interviews Opportunities with athletics, music, and art professionals
It was nice to work with technical pc hardware everday
PC Technician (Former Employee) –  Penfield, NYNovember 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with the technical aspect of the job and installing new computers and hardware. Management was great, the one co worker I worked with was great, the pay was great ($20.00) the only downfall was i was contracted through a temp company and the contract was for only a month, and ended a week early cause everything was running smoothly with no problems.
Pros
Got to work with computers and hardware everday and dress fancy in a suit
Cons
The contract wasn't that long at all.
Poor Management
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 7, 2016
For the most part the job was enjoyable and the coworkers were great,but when a new manager came along and really didn't do much work and never helped when short staffed it really sours you on how these people even become managers in the first place.
Pros
work life balace
Cons
poor management
fun and energetic work environment
Credit adjuster (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYSeptember 26, 2016
managers would boost moral and productivity by running in house payment competitions. teams or individuals who would win would rev gift cards or pto .
Pros
pto
Cons
inconsistent management among teams
Not horrible
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYSeptember 19, 2016
I have enjoyed my career at First Niagara and would continue working here but the bank was bought by Key Bank and I felt that leaving was my best option at this point in my life. I am mostly leaving due to completing my Master's degree and being ready to move on. There is not a large amount of room for movement in the area.
Great Learning Experience
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, CTSeptember 9, 2016
My immediate co-workers and managers were a pleasure to work for and taught me a great deal about the Finance and Banking industries. The team worked very well together. I enjoyed building relationships with customers and providing them with exceptional and quick customer service. The banking industry has become very electronically based in recent years, making it difficult to interact with customers face-to-face.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Madison, CTSeptember 7, 2016
Establishing and maintaining cooperative rapport with various financial organization and clients. Supporting and developing bank products and services.Providing customer service such as Internet banking, cash machines etc
Good environment, excellent coworkers.
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 25, 2016
Good environment, excellent coworkers, available schedules, paid holidays, good opportunity for someone who wants to learn more about banking and sales.
Pros
No place to grow as part of the Administrative team.
Cons
Healthcare, paid holidays.
Awesome people and environment
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYAugust 17, 2016
I have been with First Niagara soon to be KeyBank for 4 plus years. I love my job and the people I work with are amazing. My manager is great, she gives you space to do your job but also monitors your work in a non invasive way. I work in a high stress environment and after seeing how another bank performs through a mortgage buying experience through the buyer of our home, I am privileged to work for a mortgage company that is so on their game. All employees and upper management generally care for your success. It takes a bit to move up with the company but like anything, if you stay with it and work for it, you will eventually get it. Great place to work, if stays similar w/ Key, I will be with them until I retire or keel over whichever comes first.
Pros
Customer (& employee) Centric
Cons
Need better health insurance plans

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Niagara Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval