First Potomac Realty Trust Employee Reviews

Regional Real Estate Manager
Regional Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 8, 2015
 Provide operational support for high-volume financial institution.
 Partnered with VP to create and revise annual budgets for third party owners and financial institutions.
 Accessed computerized financial information to answer questions related to specific accounts.
 Create and maintain Argus DCF reporting and update as required.
 Reconcile and report discrepancies found in records.
 Review files, records and other documents to obtain information and respond to requests.
 Assign tasks to associates, staffed projects, tracked progress and updated managers, partners and clients as necessary.
 Created solutions in the areas of engineering accountability, volume's of work orders that lead to system improvements and streamlined processes.
 Manage projects and served as primary liaison between client and contractors to ensure clarity of goals, quality and adherence to deadlines.
Pros
Loved the company....Awesome Ideas
Great Place to Work
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 19, 2014
Enjoy working in the corporate office. Wish there was more advancement and better pay.
Very professional workplace - A+
Tenant Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 17, 2014
Team environment with the best co-workers I've ever had. It is a pleasure to come to work.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks and the company pays for lunch every Friday.
First Potomac, First Rate
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 2, 2014
First Potomac is a great company to work for. Terrific management and you really feel that they care about the well-being of their employees.
Lacks communication skills & quality leadership
Tenant Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 12, 2013
I worked for this company for 4 1/2 years. I would say the first couple years were manageable. I really enjoyed the company benefits, events & ability to participate on different committees. I did have 3 different bosses in 4 1/2 years, that position is a revolving door, if you want to count my temporary boss while they found a replacement I had 4. 4 bosses in 4 years doesn't really highlight consistency to say the least, I wouldn't even consider my 4th boss a boss. I only ever went to him for a signature or requesting a vacation. My 2nd or 3rd year in FPO a Communication Task Force was created to help with the lack of communication in the office. It was a good thought & at times a tedious process. Did HR try? Yes. Did they succeed? No. Until they replace certain employees that office morale will never change. They have a high turnover rate for a reason. The benefits are good but it doesn't always outweigh an unstable office enviroment. Each office is different but I would ask why the position is open during an interview.
Pros
Free lunches, good benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, office morale, poor leadership
very productive, and a fun work environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Besdetha MDMay 16, 2013
I love every bit of it, my co-workers was nice down to the supervisors. I did account payable, I did learned a lot, getting familair with different software. My supervisor was great, they were there when I needed them to help me solve problems. The hardest and the enjoyable part of the job was that, it was challenging, which I like a lot.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short break
Fantastic Company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BethesdaFebruary 25, 2013
I loved working for First Potomac. I only wish they had offices in Florida! Pay and benefits are good but the people were great. The company is growing but still small enough that management is really approachable and easy to talk to. The executives actually have morals which can be a rare find. Bottom-line – GREAT employer!
Pros
great people, great benefits, free lunch on fridays, company events, knowledgeable and experienced executives
Cons
no florida offices :(
Awful Environment to work!
Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 1, 2013
This place is awful! I have never worked anywhere where I witnessed such a lack of professionalism, fairness and overt discrimination from Management. In fact, on one occasion there was a meeting about renting space to a controversial client. After the meeting, you could hear a partner walking down the hall and yelling racially charged epithets. He thought it was amusing by I found it offensive.

This company does not appear to be family friendly as I was penalized for taking time off to attend a elementary school event and doctor appointment.

My supervisor was a nightmare. This individual monitored everything I did from the time I came to the office until the minute I left.
Pros
free friday lunch
Cons
time off is frowned upon
Great environment, better benefits
Lease Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJanuary 18, 2013
Really good place to work. Unheard of benefits and social environment.
Pros
free lunch fridays, almost free health care
Excellent Company
AssistantBuilding Engineer (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 3, 2012
Excellent Company, great boss, great coworkers great benefits
Pros
great career opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Potomac Realty Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4