First Premier Bank Employee Reviews

Exciting work environment with great bosses
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJuly 21, 2017
very understanding leadership, fun atmosphere, cubicle air circulation not good for weak immune system. Never afraid to ask questions or voice opinion.
Pros
friendly staff, not physically exhausting
Cons
mentally exhausting, sick time program needs improvement
Great company!
Loan Servicing Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 1, 2017
First Premier Bank is an amazing company to work for. They have worked hard to keep up with changing technology and they are doing their part to be as user friendly as they can be. That being said, no company is perfect and they are working hard to improve.

I've found that this company does a lot of on the job training, however, they are always offering self improvement classes which I enjoy taking part in. It seems like upper management really does care about the employees and the customers they work with.

Every department has their way of doing things and so you do see different management styles across the board, however, the company as a whole does an amazing job. I would recommend this company to potential job candidates.
Pros
Good health care benefits, great community involvement, competitive pay
Cons
selective rule enforcement when employees break rules
time
Collections AgentCollection (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 9, 2017
i learned that you have to have so much patience with people. is very important when your work with people and time, every call is very important to us. managememt help all
First Premier Bank was a great place to work
Credit Telesales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDFebruary 3, 2016
First Premier Bank had a great working atmosphere and I got along with all of my co-workers and management. I learned a lot about how to manage my own credit. I also learned how to remain professional on phone calls and how to deal with a difficult customers in a respectable manner. I would have to say the hardest part of my job would be trying to collect fees that were assessed to the application of the card. I really enjoyed our team meetings because that was the time that we were all able to contribute our personal opinions on how to make our days a little less stressful or different terminology that can be used to interest the customer.
Great company before it shut down, still some locations in SD
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spearfish, SDNovember 10, 2015
I did over the phone customer service for First premier banks credit cards. It was unlike anything I had experienced before. I enjoyed my job for the most part. The benifits and incentives were great and the pay was good. The managment was supportive and the co-workers were helpful. The hardest part of my day was the customers who were unruly or spiteful. The best part of my day was having a customer thank me for a job well done.
Pros
customer service
Cons
customer service
poor employee management.
Finance Specialist- ATM Funding (Former Employee) –  sioux fallsApril 7, 2014
I was very excited to join this company. I was very motivated and willing to work very hard but unfortunately that was not appreciated. I had the worst supervisor ever. There was no employee motivation. No great job for a good job done. There was constant unecessary criticism.There was a lot os scolding and work place bullying. Definitely not worth it.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poor employee management.
Great Company
Portfolio Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDOctober 10, 2013
Great company, benefits, wages and flexible schedule.I would recommend to anyone.
Fun Work Place
Mortgage Broker (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 16, 2013
The most rewarding part of my job was my customers. Helping them to become home owners.
Pros
Working from home
Very professional atmosphere, growth potential.
Portfolio Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 16, 2012
I enjoyed my experience at First Premier Bankcard. I learned several great tools that I use still to this day. Its a very professional atmosphere with great people and always a good chance to develop your career by taking classes they offer and internal job postings to find new avenues of adventure.
Great place for working
Loan Servicing Unit Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 29, 2012
Great opportunities
Good leadership
Good complany values and mission
Pros
great managment
Cons
na