First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church Employer Reviews

It was ok
Nursery Worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSFebruary 21, 2014
It was just a work study job. I answered the phone, filed papers, and helped students.
Youth Intern
Youth Intern (Former Employee), Boone, NCFebruary 10, 2014
This job included job discussions and leading games and activities. It was nice to teach new things.
Ministry Job
Assistant Director of Youth Ministries (Former Employee), Rome, GAFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: office
Cons: weird hours.
Not a bad place to work. I got the opportunity to build relationships with students. Planned multiple trips and events. I gained skills in teaching. Overall I enjoyed my time at First Pres.
Fun place to work, strong emphasis on fellowhsip
Volunteer A/V technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 31, 2014
This is a volunteer position. I work onsite only one day a week recording services, then complete the job by processing the audio recordings at home and posting the finished product online at the church's webpage.
Hostile work environment
Sunday School Teacher/Nursery (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Very judged. Not a friendly atmosphere. No benefits. Great kids.
good work environ
Plant Superintendent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Large property for a small staff to handle but management, for most part, supportive. Great place to work.
Not a good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 16, 2013
Cons: a lot but who cares
Was hired by FRIEND. what goes around comes around. I Suppose. However, I hope the new person in charge has a handle on the whole situation.
Balance of work and life through relationships.
Pastor (Current Employee), Troy, MINovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of new people to meet.
Cons: change is hard, and sometimes people will try to upend those changes.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that each day is unique. There are new clients to serve, members who I have on-going work with, and ways to volunteer in the community that keep us interacting with a changing world. The most difficult part of the job is trying to change things for the future life of the church. Not everyone appreciates or sees the – more... need for changes.

A typical day at work includes quite a bit of managing people, volunteers, coordinating events, sharing hospitality, listening, counseling and planning for each and every Sunday!

I have learned how to lead while still keeping traditions alive. I have learned to set aside differences and look for common ground. – less
Productive and Cleanliness
Sexton (Former Employee), Springfield Gardens, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: spiritual surroundings, public service
Cons: not enough hours available, low pay grade
Monitoring church premisies, meeting new people, religious studies availability, mental awareness
great congregation
Minister (Current Employee), White Hall, ILOctober 24, 2013
A joyful fellowship of believers, caring for each other and for the community.
A wonderful place to work at
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), yakima, waOctober 21, 2013
I enjoyed my volunteer work here. its a great place to work at.
Worked in God's house, awesome
Assistant secretary to pastor (Former Employee), Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 16, 2013
Pros: during lunch could walk down by the river.
Cons: had to leave, needed full time employment.
Worked closely with supervisor and Senior Pastor. Day went by quickly answering phones, typing letters and creating weekly bulletins.
It can't get any better than being able to work for your church. Seeing the light in every child's eye is all the satisfaction I will ever need.
Youth Director (Current Employee), Spruce Pine, NCOctober 8, 2013
I work throughout the week assisting the pastor in coming up with different ideas for activities for both youth groups. Though they meet at separate times, there is always an activity in the mix. I work with kids who are 6 months to kids who are of high school age. The hardest part is keeping up with everyone and knowing where they are at all times. – more... I love working with children. To see the joy and light in their eyes when they walk through the doors of the church is the only satisfaction I need to know I am doing my job the right way. – less
Nursery care attendant, fun environment
Nursery Care Attendant (Current Employee), Pueblo, COSeptember 24, 2013
This is just a part-time job to help supplement income if needed.
First Presbyterian Church
Secretary to the Pastor (Former Employee), Marshall, TexasSeptember 6, 2013
Pros: hours were good and pay was good.
Cons: no cons as far as i was concerned. treated very good and loved.
This church closed to lack of funds. I was laid off and paid a generous amount as severance pay.
The job was very good for the 8 years I worked for the church.
Brought out the inner child
Youth Director of Education (Former Employee), Grimes, IAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: fun, entertaining, growth
Cons: na
I had the enjoyment of bringing youth of all ages a great gift of ministry thus seeing them grow, become challenged, and renewed made the job always worth it.
Great experience-had many opportunties for service and growth
Pastor (Former Employee), Madison, SDAugust 9, 2013
Pros: many opportunties for service
Cons: (very) harsh winters!!
Was given a lot of opportunities to grow, share and serve. Lead worship, preach and administer the sacraments. Did many home, hospital, and nursing home visits. Grateful to the Presbytery of South Dakota for all the opportunties that they gave me. Tried to start a campus ministry at Dakota State University
I throughly enjoyed my position with First Presbyterian Church and made many life friends. I enjoyed the interaction with people on a daily basis.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Morrison, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great work schedule.
Cons: no health insurance or benefits
Each day brought about different activities/work for me to do which always made it exciting. I learned alot about how the church functions and was able to work with three wonderful Pastors during my time there. The most difficult task there was most people did not understand how important organization was and that they needed to work together to get – more... good results. I would say that the most enjoyable part of my job was the friendships I made and the people I came across on a daily basis. – less
Nice place to work
Jr. High Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great relationships with great people.
Cons: not very well paid.
I would plan a weekly pool party and lesson for the students. I also planned monthly events for the boys and girls to attend. I attend camp as a counselor for the girls.
Productive Work Place
Sous Chef/Chef in Training (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2013
While at First Presbyterian Church, I was able to learn everything my Chef was able to teach me. He was about to retire and wanted to pass along everything he knew to his protégé, which was me. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and being able to show off my expertise where Chef had taught me.

1 2 3