First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

enjoyable workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2017
A typical week at work included checking church, setting up for various groups, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, yard work, communicating with outside companies, maintenance and minor repairs. I learned to be flexible. The management was great. We had a staff meeting every week and prayed for people which built community. The hardest part of the job was getting the homeless people to move off the property after they slept there overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the rooms ready for groups to use and the variety of tasks.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
small allowance for medical benefits
Very open and willing to meet new students to volunteer
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 26, 2017
The Silver Lining Club at First Presbyterian church meets with elders suffering from dementia and other related mental illnesses and provides them aid
Pros
Free lunch, short workdays, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No employee benefits, potentially stressful workload
Great experience using cameras
Camera Man & Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2016
I would turn on the Tricaster, sound, lights and computer.
Made sure that everything worked.
I learned a lot about framing the shot and when to cut to a close up.
I also learned how to use the tricaster to manipulate shots by getting extreme close ups.
My co workers were fun to work with because I was able to learn from their experiences and try to find shots that they would not have found.
For me the hardest part was leaving. I had so much fun with the cameras that once I left everyone at my church knew that they should have paid me to be their full time camera man. And, every time I come to visit everyone asks me if I am running the cameras.
I had the most fun making the praise team look like a real band by making every song they sing and old MTV music video.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Volunteer the whole time I was there
Members of parish are very friendly and easy to work with.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Perfect part-time position: twenty hour week; four days.
Daily duties combine receptionist/secretary skills.
Responsibilities: weekly church bulletins, monthly newsletter, etc.

In nine years I worked with four pastors, each one very different. As the singular office administrator, I learned how to manage my time, and I developed new office skills such as learning new software programs and creating graphic material.

The congregation is very friendly and agreeable. Besides the Pastor, I assisted the Associate Minister, Music Chair, and Committee Chairs. I looked forward to helping them with their projects.
Wonderful Congregation and beautiful Church
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 16, 2017
There is never a typical day at this job. You have duties to complete but you also have to be there for the church members and guests. If everything didn't get done, most of the time it can be moved to the next day. Four months after I started, the co-pastors left the church. I was able to hold things together and between the members and myself we all learned what, where and when things had to be done. A basic knowledge of the office and storage areas, got us through. I enjoy working with different people, different duties and learning on the job.
Relaxed, respectful environment. Very rewarding work.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 10, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. Awesome environment, very respectful co-workers. Only drawback might be that management changes yearly, and sometimes this can be a challenge learning to work with different personalities each year. Many opportunities for rewarding volunteer work.
Pros
Co-workers and overall environment
Cons
Annual management changes
A variety of work each day. Have the ability to be creative and work without supervision and they respect my creativity.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at the church would be answer phones (2 lines), greet members, update church database, set up building usages with members and or various organizations in the area, update weekly worship Sunday services bulletins, slides, and announcements. I assist the Pastor /staff/church commissions with anything they need, such as printing bulletins, sorting mail, creating postcards/any forms used for church duties or their responsibilities. I assist with ordering flowers for funerals and assist coordinating custodial services with outside meetings at the church. Management is very open to suggestions on creating monthly newsletters. The Clerk of Session relies on me to update the church register, track membership address changes, births, deaths. I learned new software such as Publisher and Church Windows (a database software), use Gotomypc software to work from home when weather doesn't permit travel to work. Hardest part of the job at times was there were no procedures on how to do things and each member has their own view on how to do things. I pushed for a Procedure Manual so that everyone is on the same page. It was awkward when I first started work there as I was told different ways to do and not do things such as who gets keys to the church, how to set up the Fellowship Hall for their annual thrift sale, how to manage building request permits. Many enjoyable moments happen at church when I create a form that someone is needs, being creative creating the monthly newsletters or picking pictures for the slides for Sunday Services and just being with the members  more... and visitors. I enjoy being with people!  less
Pros
Casual atmosphere, kuddos from members and visitors, able to be creative, working with the members.
Cons
Being a part time position, no chance to advance.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Very community orientated,outreach programs.wonderful programs such as paying for birth certificates for anyone who doesn't have the ability to pay. Wonderful people of God
Pros
Community breakfast every Sunday morning prepared by the deacons of the church
Cons
Nice health care package
I love this place
Nursery Caretaker and Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CT 06840February 16, 2017
I grew up in this church and it has become like a second home to me and my family. Everyone is very accepting there and they got some good snacks after the service :)
Pros
welcoming and happy enviorment
Cons
I honestly cant think of any
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work for because people are great! I enjoyed working with them each week and helping the children. I would recommend it to others.
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here it was an experience. I would come back to work if they would have me. I love the people that work with this company they are friendly and great to work with.
fun
Pamphlet Maker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 8, 2017
enjoyed the people and environment and was a pretty easy job. didnt take much work and enjoyable work day. fun for relaxed people and people who like to concentrate
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olney, ILFebruary 3, 2017
First Presbyterian Church is a wonderful place to work for a part time position. The minister is very laid back as are the members of the congregation.

I look forward to going to work every day.
great place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bushnell, ILJanuary 7, 2017
great job. really enjoy everyone I work with. I like the amount of hours I get. great work environment. hardest part Is trying to clean the whole building
Great
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Great and they work with you not against you. They also help you change lives positively in the community. They also help you when needed and look out for everyone's best interest.
Comfortable and friendly workplace
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 7, 2016
This is a great place to work.The people are very nice, friendly, and understanding. The day usually consists of playing with the children,diaper changes and feeding time.
Great place
Sexton/Security (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Loved working here. Would reccomebd this job to others.
Great environment with great people.Blah ah ah blah blah blah blah
Relaxing environment
Office Administrator/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INDecember 19, 2016
I liked working here because it was relaxing and laid back. A typical day consisted of answering the phone, booking appointments, folding laundry and keeping the place tidy.
Fun place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2017
Fun place to work
Great people to work with
Loving working with the kids
Learning new things
Get to teach kids music and make crafts daily
Cons
Part time
Another mainline church
Director of Student Ministries (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHOctober 26, 2016
This is an average mainline denomination church in the midwest. It's exactly like you might imagine. The congregation is nice and the city is quiet. There is a lot of room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4