First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Great experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Coal Valley, ILApril 26, 2017
Loved working at this job but wanted to get a full-time job as I could find another part-time job to go with it at the time. Another retirement dream job and would take it again if offered to me.
Pros
Great congregation to work for.
Cons
was only a part-time position
This is a great environment to be a part of!
Substitute Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNApril 25, 2017
I worked as a Sunday School Teacher and it is always a great way to start off your week! You get to interact with the children and teach them about God!
Productive and fun place
Nursery Attendant/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 24, 2017
Enjoyed working at a place where I worshipped with the families and their children. The work atmosphere was always positive and fun. Those in charge were loving and caring.
Pros
Loved the kids and families
Cons
Only worked 3 days a week
Director of Discipleship (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Wonderful people and good opportunities, great compensation and benefits. Work/life balance is encouraged, which is hard to find in a ministry setting!
Quite place to work
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winneconne, WI 54986April 19, 2017
This Church only has part time positions as the budget is small do to the size of the congregation. Many of the congregation are very nice but a select few like to think they run everything and if they don't they complain.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
It seems like you have 20 bosses
Assistant Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHApril 18, 2017
Really enjoyed working there after school helping students out in the Secretary classes. Learned a lot working there. Management was very helpful. The workplace was always friendly and clean. The hardest part was having to leave everyday to go home. Most enjoyable was meeting the new students that would come in to do there work.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
no likes
Interesting place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2017
It was an interesting place, but at this time is in the middle of a transitional period. The actual objective of my supervisor was not made clear when I was hired.
Great
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 13, 2017
Lovely place, I worked with the Liturgical choir. It was a great experience and I did really enjoy my time there that I got to work with members of the Charlottesville community.
An outstanding place for Christian Ministry
Temporary Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2017
An exciting place to do the Lord's work. My paid job was to maintain the historic building, but I daily interacted with a wide variety of people with a variety of needs.
Kind staff, great culture!
Middle School Girls Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Kind staff, easy to work with people. Enjoyed the job and serving the church community.

I loved my Director of my department. He was very passionate and cared about our ministry. He was willing to let us do new ideas -- even if they failed, you still felt appreacited!
love this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OK 74464April 4, 2017
Would love to work here again. The people were so kind and lovely.
Excellent learning skills, they helped succeed. Loved them all. I would work here again.
Beautiful workplace with a friendly and welcoming environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 30, 2017
The visitors and staff at First Presbyterian were very considerate towards me and everyone that visited. I am glad to have worked at this church, and to have met such nice people.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Alot of lifting
Its a great place to work with lots of activity, and kids to take care of.
nusery worker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2017
It starts off at about 8:15 and stops about 12:00 sometimes later with special event like Easter Sunday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and if the parents are late. It is difficult sometimes, especially Fun Friday lots and lots of kids, but small amount of staff. You have to pay a lot of attention to everything at once, because one child could be playing with blocks while another is trying to eat them, and two are in another part of the room arguing over a toy. Two adults have to be in the room at all times, no exceptions. On days with one or two childern it is rather quiet. The manager is there before anyone else and check in everyday I see them at least two or three times in each room to make sure everything is okay.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
small staff
enjoyable workplace
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMarch 21, 2017
A typical week at work included checking church, setting up for various groups, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms, yard work, communicating with outside companies, maintenance and minor repairs. I learned to be flexible. The management was great. We had a staff meeting every week and prayed for people which built community. The hardest part of the job was getting the homeless people to move off the property after they slept there overnight. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the rooms ready for groups to use and the variety of tasks.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
small allowance for medical benefits
Wonderful Congregation and beautiful Church
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, ILMarch 16, 2017
There is never a typical day at this job. You have duties to complete but you also have to be there for the church members and guests. If everything didn't get done, most of the time it can be moved to the next day. Four months after I started, the co-pastors left the church. I was able to hold things together and between the members and myself we all learned what, where and when things had to be done. A basic knowledge of the office and storage areas, got us through. I enjoy working with different people, different duties and learning on the job.
Productive workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2017
I loved working here it was an experience. I would come back to work if they would have me. I love the people that work with this company they are friendly and great to work with.
Fun place
Teacher (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2017
Fun place to work
Great people to work with
Loving working with the kids
Learning new things
Get to teach kids music and make crafts daily
Cons
Part time
Very open and willing to meet new students to volunteer
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  Statesboro, GAFebruary 26, 2017
The Silver Lining Club at First Presbyterian church meets with elders suffering from dementia and other related mental illnesses and provides them aid
Pros
Free lunch, short workdays, friendly atmosphere
Cons
No employee benefits, potentially stressful workload
I love this place
Nursery Caretaker and Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CT 06840February 16, 2017
I grew up in this church and it has become like a second home to me and my family. Everyone is very accepting there and they got some good snacks after the service :)
Pros
welcoming and happy enviorment
Cons
I honestly cant think of any
fun
Pamphlet Maker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 8, 2017
enjoyed the people and environment and was a pretty easy job. didnt take much work and enjoyable work day. fun for relaxed people and people who like to concentrate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4