First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable and Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 28, 2016
This was an enjoyable job that i got to work with many different people. I assisted with developmentally and physically challenged adults.
Nice people
Church Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 25, 2016
This was a nice place to work, but not much pay. Working at a church, you not only deal with the pastors, but you have to answer to all the members for the congregation. And this church is extremely political and outspoken.
Pros
deal with many people
Cons
the pay
Great experience using cameras
Camera Man & Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2016
I would turn on the Tricaster, sound, lights and computer.
Made sure that everything worked.
I learned a lot about framing the shot and when to cut to a close up.
I also learned how to use the tricaster to manipulate shots by getting extreme close ups.
My co workers were fun to work with because I was able to learn from their experiences and try to find shots that they would not have found.
For me the hardest part was leaving. I had so much fun with the cameras that once I left everyone at my church knew that they should have paid me to be their full time camera man. And, every time I come to visit everyone asks me if I am running the cameras.
I had the most fun making the praise team look like a real band by making every song they sing and old MTV music video.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Volunteer the whole time I was there
Top notch music and ministry
Bass Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2016
I've been the section leader at First Pres for 8 years, and the music and people there have been incredibly supportive and nurturing.
Productive and Fun
A1 Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
My work at First Presbyterian was truly rewarding for me. I was their A1 Audio Engineer until I moved from Houston to Austin. I enjoyed running sound at the church. Nice and wholesome environment to work in
Fun work place
Assistant Nursery Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 29, 2016
great people to be around with. fun and enjoyable atmosphere. good location and people to work with. Eager children wanting to learn and grow.
I really enjoyed learning with kids and receiving such wonderful hugs daily.
Lead Teacher/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 27, 2016
Working @ First Presbyterian Dayschool ministry was a wonderful 6 year experience. It truly enhanced my parenting skills, my communication and leadership skills. I am better person because of First Pres.
Pros
Weekends/pd holidays off
Cons
Lack of parent involvement at times.
Productive and great environtment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 21, 2016
First Presbyterian church is a great place to work, everyone is always nice and ready to work. Here I learned that there are people with bigger struggles than yours.
productive and active with kids
Bible school teacher for kids (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 20, 2016
There's around 10 kids. I learn about the kids' personalities and try to enjoy what the kids think is fun; organize games and activities around everyone's ages.
Pros
learning how to teach, free lunch
Cons
inconvenient hours
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work with friendly members. They are flexible with hours and understanding when things come up! The pastors are very nice.
This place is amazing
Afternoon Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALFebruary 29, 2016
The parents kids and your co-workers and amazing loving people they would give you the shirt off your back if they had too
Productive Work Environment for Everyone
Photographer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2016
First Presbyterian Church is good environment to work in and to meet new people. Nice atmosphere and coworkers to rely on. I learn new technquies when handling children because of the age group we have. The hardest part of the job is there is limited room and people to look over the kids and at times there are over a dozen but some are old enough that we can rely on them to be good so we can watch over the younger ones. We read to them and teach them new skills for them to use when they grow up.
Pros
Good environment and place to grow
Cons
Once a week and only about two and half hours of work
Productive and safe workplace with church people.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 29, 2016
My overall work experience here was great. I learned many new people and enjoyed them all. My manager was very considerate of everybody and what you have going on. The people that attend the church are very respectful and appreciate the workers in there church. I did not experience a hard part in the workplace.Overall I really enjoyed the job.
First Presbyterian Church Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 25, 2016
This job was very flexible with my school schedule. They were understanding of my other duties outside of the church. I learned how to work with children in a structured way by creating lesson plans and helping children with everyday activities. The co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part was leaving the children and watching them move on.
Wonderful, gracious people who love each other and their community!
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Mabank, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Providing Pastoral Care and Teaching brings me great joy.
*At First Presbyterian Church in Mabank, Texas, I taught Adult Sunday School Classes as well as Vacation Bible School. I also served as the Youth Sponsor to the Synod of the Sun Youth Gathering in Tulsa, Okla.
*I took communion and provided pastoral care to the ill and shut-ins.
*I facilitated a weekly support group for on-going illnesses for church
and community members.
*I taught a volunteer training class for those who wanted to provide pastoral support to members of the church and the community.
Great summer job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 3, 2015
A typical day at work began with my arrival anywhere from 8 AM to 9 AM and clocking in. Each day was usually different depending on what was going on. Often we would set up various rooms in the church for meetings, luncheons and Sunday school classes. The church was large so there was a lot of activity going on. My co-workers were fun to be around. They were great, hard-working men and women who kept the church activity afloat. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how exactly each room was supposed to be set up and stripping the floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the sense of humor among the staff.
Pros
Working in my church.
Cons
Some days there wasn't much to do and it would get a little boring.
Productive and fun place to work
Bookkeeper/ secretary (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 23, 2015
First Presbyterian Church was a fun and productive workplace that made going to work something to look forward to every morning. The management at First Presbyterian church was great and I the church members were very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to keep up with all of the books and having the responsibility to write checks, do bank drafts, do deposits, reconcile bank statements and do bulletins for the weekly church services. I can not pick out a bad thing about the job at FBC.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLOctober 25, 2015
Great place to work. All co-workers were beyond nice and helpful. Was the "go to" person for all of the office equipment, ordering supplies, set up meetings, etc.
Pros
Sort hours during the summer!
Cons
Big meeting - we were all told that if we did not attend church on a regular basis, we didn't need to work here.
Learning experience
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 15, 2015
Wonder experience working with young children. I feel I matured a lot in this job and also grew as a person. This was a great experience for me, and I will always look back on it fondly.
Surrounded by the best
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 30, 2015
Seeing the little ones smile, listening to the babbling and cooing, watching the toddlers interact with others for the first time... these are all great reasons to work with little ones. But to work in a church where morals and ethics are the same as yours is indescribable. And to hear "thank you" from a parent who was nervous leaving their little one for the first time just lifts you up.
Pros
Part-time hours, great pay, easy scheduling
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth

4.3