First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church Employer Reviews

Great place to work with a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 12, 2014
I loved this job, but the pay with a growing family was not enough.
Redirection
Finance & Accounting / Data Entry (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2014
Need organization. Not organized many things out of place in the Accounting department.
Being a supervisor
House Keeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2014
Pros: benefits, set schedule, stability
Cons: not having a good support team as far a management
I like my job, i like the fact i get to be hands on with my crew and with the public. i love doing floor project, to see a floor that hasnt been taken care of in 29 yrs. and then the final finish. Its very exciting to know you was the one who made that floor look so pretty. the hardest part of my job is all 3 of my employees are 20 to 30 years older – more... then myself and for so long they have not had a supervisor in their department, so for me to come in ready to work and stay on schedule and get the job done correctly bothers them to the point of being disrespectful. i was actually told when i started that i have to treat these grown adult like children. i dont like statement but over the past year i relized what i was being told was very true – less
Pleasure to work for
Administrative Assistant to Pastor (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: people
I worked for this church for just over a year as an assistant to the Pastor. I enjoyed working along side of him with church members and with their Board of Sessions. I took care of all of the Sunday attendance, typed all of the sermons and keep up-to-date minutes of the Session's meetings. My co-workers were amazing to work with. I really cannot say – more... anything that was hard about this job other than at times I really did not have enough to do! I loved meeting all of the members. – less
Good job in my field
Publications Secretary (Former Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: fun work, able to be creative
Cons: a lot of downtime with few projects to do
Was working in my field. Enjoyed making documents and designing the webpages.
Awesome Staff
Director of Christian Education (Former Employee), Racine, WIJune 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful congregational support
Cons: odd hours
There is no such thing as a typical day when you work at a church. There is always something new popping up because you're working with people and being with them at all different stages in their lives. Additionally, there are always new projects at different times in the year. This is a big part of why I loved my job so much. It was always stimulating – more... and I always learned something new. I got to work with children ages 0-18, and with young adults at the church, plus with parents and youth volunteers. I recruited, trained and coordinated volunteers, and addressed needs and concerns of parents. The most difficult part of the job was coordinating the schedules of our high-school aged youth and the most enjoyable part of the job was participation in worship planning and working with an amazing staff. – less
Productive and enjoyable surroundings
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasant Hill, MOMay 29, 2014
Pastor and me during the day, I checked daily email and answered them, answered phone, worked on weekly bulletins, payment requisitions, and monthly calendars and newsletters. I learned prioritizing and multi-tasking. The hardest part, which really wasn't that hard was the deadline for the weekly bulletins.
Excellent
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee), Florence SCMay 6, 2014
I loved my boss and the children I worked with. The people I worked with were a little unreliable.
Inspirational
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Milledgeville, GAMay 5, 2014
My days are spent answering the phone, taking care of the needs of those who come into the church, relaying needed information to the pastor and/or congregation. I also prepare weekly bulletins, monthly newsletter and do data input as needed. Take care of the calendar and keep everyone posted to upcoming needs/events. I work alone for the most part, – more... except for working with the treasurer to balance the weekly finances.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to assist everyone who walks in looking for help. It is very tough at times emotionally.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to see folk get assistance when needed and knowing that sometimes all it takes is for you to smile and you can turn someone's thoughts around. – less
A great place to work.
Director (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAApril 27, 2014
Pros: great benefits, flexible schedules
The hardest part of this job is not being able to help everyone who comes in with a problem.
The rewards are seeing that you make a difference in the life of a child.
The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing children's laughter all day.
It was ok
Nursery Worker (Former Employee), Cleveland, MSFebruary 21, 2014
It was just a work study job. I answered the phone, filed papers, and helped students.
Youth Intern
Youth Intern (Former Employee), Boone, NCFebruary 10, 2014
This job included job discussions and leading games and activities. It was nice to teach new things.
Fun place to work, strong emphasis on fellowhsip
Volunteer A/V technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 31, 2014
This is a volunteer position. I work onsite only one day a week recording services, then complete the job by processing the audio recordings at home and posting the finished product online at the church's webpage.
Hostile work environment
Sunday School Teacher/Nursery (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 16, 2014
Very judged. Not a friendly atmosphere. No benefits. Great kids.
good work environ
Plant Superintendent (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 9, 2014
Large property for a small staff to handle but management, for most part, supportive. Great place to work.
Not a good company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Visalia, CADecember 16, 2013
Cons: a lot but who cares
Was hired by FRIEND. what goes around comes around. I Suppose. However, I hope the new person in charge has a handle on the whole situation.
Balance of work and life through relationships.
Pastor (Current Employee), Troy, MINovember 25, 2013
Pros: lots of new people to meet.
Cons: change is hard, and sometimes people will try to upend those changes.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that each day is unique. There are new clients to serve, members who I have on-going work with, and ways to volunteer in the community that keep us interacting with a changing world. The most difficult part of the job is trying to change things for the future life of the church. Not everyone appreciates or sees the – more... need for changes.

A typical day at work includes quite a bit of managing people, volunteers, coordinating events, sharing hospitality, listening, counseling and planning for each and every Sunday!

I have learned how to lead while still keeping traditions alive. I have learned to set aside differences and look for common ground. – less
Productive and Cleanliness
Sexton (Former Employee), Springfield Gardens, NYNovember 20, 2013
Pros: spiritual surroundings, public service
Cons: not enough hours available, low pay grade
Monitoring church premisies, meeting new people, religious studies availability, mental awareness
FPC
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Somerset, KYOctober 28, 2013
Answer phones, assist people who walked in or called, organized volunteers, assist pastor, processed weekly bulletins and newsletters, ordered office supplies, facilities management, event planning, etc..
great congregation
Minister (Current Employee), White Hall, ILOctober 24, 2013
A joyful fellowship of believers, caring for each other and for the community.

1 2 3 4