First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Great Community
Accompanist (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYJune 17, 2015
Pros: Good Pay
Cons: Few hours
I only worked a few hours a week, but every day that I walked into the church I was welcomed with a smiling face! Although this job requires the ability to play piano.
Interesting
Director of Congregational Service (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 17, 2015
It was a bit of a political environment - Had to deal with people all day every day while also working on details of the job. Taught me much about multitasking.
Internal struggle will derail all intiatives
Worship Leader/Night Deacon (Current Employee), Joliet, ILJune 16, 2015
working in a team in which communication between all the members and administration seems to secretive and one-sided.
Thriving Presbyterian Community
Ministry Assistant (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2015
I have learned numerous new administrative and choral directing skills at this, my home church. It is definitely a Christian family, both the congregation, and the staff and management.
High Energy and entertaining
Nursery Attendant (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIMay 11, 2015
Pros: entertaining
Cons: below minimum wage pay
By supervising, entertaining, and caring for children up to 12 years old, this job taught me leadership. The high energy of the kids taught me how to handle myself in stressful environments.
We have an excellent, highly dedicated group of co-workers and varied job responsibilities
Church Office Assistant (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 6, 2015
Pros: Varied work responsibilities; close-knit staff
Cons: Too few hours
Each day is a little different at this medium-sized downtown church which is very active in social justice. Each work day I enjoy assisting both clergy and office personnel, as well as various committee leaders. The hardest part of the job comes just occasionally, usually on Fridays, when folks in need come to the door seeking financial assistance and there is no one available to help them out.
Hostle
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 29, 2015
Hostile working enviorment. To many miro management people involved to complete work. Management would not support its own staff.
A good learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 24, 2015
Doing volunteer work for the First Pres. plays was fun and exciting. The children loved to act out reinterpreted Bible stories for their friends and family and they loved working with me.
Great Place to work
Director of Publications (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
Pros: Worked my own hours as it was a part-time job
This job was a perfect fit for me. The staff was a creative group where I thrived. The congregations was incredible. The work was very satisfying.
Typical Day at Work
Sunday Morning Coordinator (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 8, 2015
I'd help get the church ready for functioning on Sunday by turning on the lights and doing minor custodial duties such as taking out the trash.
great work place
Sexton (Former Employee), garden grove caMarch 31, 2015
I worked as part of the maintenance staff cleaning facility doing minor repairs and any maintenance as required doing whatever was required
Great
Associate Pastor (Former Employee), Foley, ALMarch 29, 2015
Over all experience introductory level for beginning over sight management leadership learning the ropes invaluable life long experience staff and collegiality
Beautiful church with great people
Events staff/Sexton (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the staff is great, helpful, kind. fun opportunities
Cons: location is close to many transient camps, sometimes need to deal with the mentally ill
Doing both events and sexton duties I really got to know the church and it's members. I have been able to help couple's on their wedding day, which is really fun for me. I typically do a lot of set up and tear down, and interfacing with people. The best part of working here is the people. The staff and the congregation are just wonderful. The hardest part about this job is that it can be a bit physically demanding. I walk a lot, usually while moving things.
good place to work if you like children
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun if you like children
Cons: people steal the food i buy for the children
Easy hours, usually during church services. most of the time I only have to be there for 3 hours a week. Good employer, very kind and listens to your needs as a person and an employee. usually about 2 or 3 children there at a time, and most of the time a parent is there to help you aswell. I really have no coworkers for this job, but if need be, as in if there are too many children to keep under control by myself, i can text a parent to come from the service to help out. sometimes i play a movie for the children, usually an old disney movie in the VCR.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant Choral Director (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Management was good along with the way we were treated. My coworkers were wonderful. Te most challenging part of my job was keeping up with the fast pace, but I managed to do so. I loved meeting all the new people and being able to provide good service o them.
normal
Pastor (Former Employee), Hope, ARDecember 16, 2014
normal pastoral expectations
conflict management
growth in faith
Position was great but poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee), Nebraska City, NENovember 7, 2014
Pros: great inspirational workplace
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed the job very much but the pastor was never there and council didn't have access to information.
Enjoyable in a total team approach atmosphere.
Office Secretary (Former Employee), 829 Red Bud Rd Ne, Calhoun, GA 30701October 29, 2014
I absolutely loved this job. It was a part time job with complete flexibility. There was no one to show me how to do the job as the old secretary had just left. Luckily I was easily able to use their system to help me along with making the weekly brochures for Sunday services.
The hardest part of the job was getting a few minutes with the Pastor to give me the information he needed to complete the brochures in a timely manor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the summer vacation bible school and seeing the children. I was also able to secure free snacks and lunch for all the kids through a local free program that the government sponsored. The church was thrilled.
I pride myself on being able to save money in every company I work for.
A great position to learn musicianship and to develop musical skills
Staff Singer (Current Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2014
I've been employed at this church, as the Bass Staff Singer, since January 2012. I have loved every minute of this job! I love to sing! This position has helped me to become a better sight-reader when singing in a choir and when studying solo repertoire. I have learned details within music history and performance!
Only worked Saturdays and Sundays mostly
Child Care/ Lawn Care (Former Employee), Shenandoah, IAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: semi choose hours
Cons: not a lot of hours
Baby sat for the duration of the service and would do lawn care services on my own time choosing my own hours.

1 2 3 4 5

$12.14 per hour
Director
$36,000 per year

First Presbyterian Church Photos

Giving charge to a newly ordained Pastor.
Church Service. Photograph with Pastors of the Presbyterian Church.