First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

First Presbyterian Church is a good place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 19, 2017
Its got a good environment and good place to work at. The main thing is to keep the church clean and set up for events. Its not back breaking, and its easy once you start to get the hang of things there. The people are nice and if you can't put food in your home they can help get a food box if you need it. Its a good Job.
Pros
You might get food from some of the events :)
Cons
No raises, benefits, or paid vacation.
Part Time - Enjoyable
Financial Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 17, 2017
It's a good job with nice people. Very flexible and easy to work with. They have been great working around my schedule. I have no complaints about working there.
A wonderful staff and environment
Director of Children's Ministry (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
I loved working at FPC and only left because I was relocating. I was devastated when I left because that was the best job I've ever had. Whoever works there is so lucky.
Fpc
Building Management (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2017
Working for this organization is very flexible and very understandable. Hardest task was performed on Sunday and special events that required multiple set ups of services in a small set amount of time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Outstanding teamwork
Administrative Assistant for Communications (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2017
Excellent work environment
This is a great place to work. I was able to use creativity in producing weekly and seasonal communication. The physical environment is very pleasant and coworkers are productive and congenial.
Pros
coffee bar
First Presbyterian was a joy to work at. The minister and parishoners were very easy to get along with.
Receptionist Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at First Presbyterian. It was a pleasant atmosphere, and the people were nice. Being a church secretary is a job with many hats. There is a lot of detail oriented work, deadlines and many other miscellaneous tasks to be taken care of. I stayed busy and I feel like I was an asset to the church.
Pros
Good job environment, good people, short drive.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Excellent benefits
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KS 66441July 31, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Several people in and out each day that were fun to help and work with. Excellent benefits. Worked closely with families and funeral homes during times of funerals. Summer fun with Vacation Bible School.
Benefits
Cons
Change of Management
Great place to work and be with God loving people
Organist/accompanist (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 24, 2017
First Presbyterian Church of Brighton is a wonderful place to work. The people are warm, friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The music program is excellent and our new minister is beyond excellent1
I loved working with the children
Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with the children they were really sweethearts We made sure they had there snacks. I helped them to the potty and made sure they were clean
Pros
The children
Cons
Short break
Job Review
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 13, 2017
I first started here as a volunteer since i was not old enough to get paid yet. I worked in the nursery with children ages infant to 4 years old. We would watch while the parents attended church, classes, I even helped out during the week for "Mothers Day Out" which is like school for the younger children while the parents were at work.
Outstanding co-workers
Staff (Former Employee) –  Winneconne, WIJuly 10, 2017
The secretary is outstanding. The leaders are volunteers and from different professional and personal backgrounds. Raises are non-existent, and expectations vary based on position.
Pros
co-workers
Amazing Place to Work
Teacher/helper (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 2, 2017
Working with children here was an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about not only how to handle myself around younger children but also how to have fun and interact with them whether it be through games, crafts, or playing outside. The management here is very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was definitely having to say goodbye to the kids when it was time for them to go home.
People-focused work environment
Senior Minister (Former Employee) –  Stanley, NCJune 29, 2017
People-focused work environment with great co-workers and positive feedback. Team mentality where everyone helps each other. Staff truly cares about each other and always pitches in when necessary. Couldn't be happier with the people, culture, and mission of First Presbyterian Church, Stanley.
Excellent part-time position
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 27, 2017
This was my first office job. My coworkers are very friendly, helpful, and supportive. They have helped me grow as a person and an employee. I'm very thankful to have been hired by this organization.
Great team with excellent families to provide care for.
Lead Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 27, 2017
As a member of this church I may be biased about how awesome our kids are but they're truly amazing to work with. My boss was sweet, accommodating and always in our corner.
Great experience with children.
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 26, 2017
When I was younger I babysat a few times. When I got the job at first Presbyterian I gained a lot of knowledge about children and community. I was very lucky to hAve found such an amazing job.
Very quiet environment
Assistant to Minister (Former Employee) –  Dickson, TNJune 19, 2017
My time in this position was not long term. The position was very routine and the environment was very pleasant.My days were short and the office was mostly occupied by me and the Minister.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great leadership team
Soundboard Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJune 12, 2017
This church has been my home church for the last four years. It has been great to be able to build our contemporary service into what it is today. The leadership is great, the people are great.
Great place to work with wonderful professional management.
Finance and Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 7, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job are the wonderful members of the congregation and the super wonderful volunteers I work with.
Wonderful variety of duties and responsibilities.
Cons
long drive, seeking better pay
Nice environment to work
Events Planner/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJune 1, 2017
A nice job to have if your going to school. Staff is nice and the congregates, for the most part, were pleasant. The day is usually spent on your own, and there's always a job to be completed.