First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed, respectful environment. Very rewarding work.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 10, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. Awesome environment, very respectful co-workers. Only drawback might be that management changes yearly, and sometimes this can be a challenge learning to work with different personalities each year. Many opportunities for rewarding volunteer work.
Pros
Co-workers and overall environment
Cons
Annual management changes
Good
Volunteer activities and coordination (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 4, 2016
Good working environment. Small close-knit group of employees. Minimal hours. Decent management and business plan.
I not fun anything
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 3, 2016
Because I was busy work much more than fun anything. I not like fun anything. My favorite busy work better than fun with people for etc.
Pros
I not eat for lunch break.
Cons
I not feel hurt thing
I enjoyed working for this historic church.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 18, 2016
First Presbyterian was an interesting place to work. The jobs for me were diverse. The staff worked well together and it felt rewarding to work in this environment.
Pros
Interesting and satisfying employment.
Cons
I moved from the area.
Calm environment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
My job is the receptionist temporarily and I love to work here. I love seeing the members come in and making there day with a smile. They are very sweet and and welcoming to everyone. I love how professional the environment is as well. I am very thankful to have had this as a job experience.
Pros
Great staff, and loving and caring people.
Cons
Far drive to work.
Spiritually supportive environment
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 8, 2016
FPC is a thriving church community with service, compassion, and fun woven into its fabric of worship, teaching, education, and congregational support.
Warm and welcoming enviroment
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 24, 2016
My normal day begins with unlocking the Church building and setting up for the Sunday morning activities. I then proceed to check the sidewalks for any trash and/or garbage as well as for snow during winter months. After the sidewalk, I begin to prepare the sound system for the morning services. Following the services and any meetings I secures the building. Very nice place to work. They people are very nice and helpful. the Staff are very smart and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job is keeping the sidewalks clear from snow and ice during the service.
Productive and fun place to work
Administration/Director of Outreach Program (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 3, 2016
I have learned better organizational skills which help me focus. A lot of volunteer work has gotten me out of myself. They were impressed at my review and decided to bring me on full time... We have been very active in the church which has helped our family greatly.
Fun workplace
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 1, 2016
I only work here on Sunday mornings. Every Sunday, I have the pleasure of working with 3 yr olds from teaching them a bible lesson to play on the playground with them. The hardest part of the job is when a child has to move away or gets to old to be in my class. My favorite part of the job is getting to watch the kids grow and work with their families through the years they are there.
Enjoyable and Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 28, 2016
This was an enjoyable job that i got to work with many different people. I assisted with developmentally and physically challenged adults.
Nice people
Church Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 25, 2016
This was a nice place to work, but not much pay. Working at a church, you not only deal with the pastors, but you have to answer to all the members for the congregation. And this church is extremely political and outspoken.
Pros
deal with many people
Cons
the pay
Great experience using cameras
Camera Man & Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2016
I would turn on the Tricaster, sound, lights and computer.
Made sure that everything worked.
I learned a lot about framing the shot and when to cut to a close up.
I also learned how to use the tricaster to manipulate shots by getting extreme close ups.
My co workers were fun to work with because I was able to learn from their experiences and try to find shots that they would not have found.
For me the hardest part was leaving. I had so much fun with the cameras that once I left everyone at my church knew that they should have paid me to be their full time camera man. And, every time I come to visit everyone asks me if I am running the cameras.
I had the most fun making the praise team look like a real band by making every song they sing and old MTV music video.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Volunteer the whole time I was there
Top notch music and ministry
Bass Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2016
I've been the section leader at First Pres for 8 years, and the music and people there have been incredibly supportive and nurturing.
Productive and Fun
A1 Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
My work at First Presbyterian was truly rewarding for me. I was their A1 Audio Engineer until I moved from Houston to Austin. I enjoyed running sound at the church. Nice and wholesome environment to work in
Fun work place
Assistant Nursery Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 29, 2016
great people to be around with. fun and enjoyable atmosphere. good location and people to work with. Eager children wanting to learn and grow.
I really enjoyed learning with kids and receiving such wonderful hugs daily.
Lead Teacher/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 27, 2016
Working @ First Presbyterian Dayschool ministry was a wonderful 6 year experience. It truly enhanced my parenting skills, my communication and leadership skills. I am better person because of First Pres.
Pros
Weekends/pd holidays off
Cons
Lack of parent involvement at times.
Productive and great environtment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 21, 2016
First Presbyterian church is a great place to work, everyone is always nice and ready to work. Here I learned that there are people with bigger struggles than yours.
productive and active with kids
Bible school teacher for kids (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 20, 2016
There's around 10 kids. I learn about the kids' personalities and try to enjoy what the kids think is fun; organize games and activities around everyone's ages.
Pros
learning how to teach, free lunch
Cons
inconvenient hours
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work with friendly members. They are flexible with hours and understanding when things come up! The pastors are very nice.
This place is amazing
Afternoon Teacher (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALFebruary 29, 2016
The parents kids and your co-workers and amazing loving people they would give you the shirt off your back if they had too

4.3