First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church United States Employee Reviews

Hostle
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Davenport, IAApril 29, 2015
Hostile working enviorment. To many miro management people involved to complete work. Management would not support its own staff.
A good learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee), Waco, TXApril 24, 2015
Doing volunteer work for the First Pres. plays was fun and exciting. The children loved to act out reinterpreted Bible stories for their friends and family and they loved working with me.
Great Place to work
Director of Publications (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
Pros: Worked my own hours as it was a part-time job
This job was a perfect fit for me. The staff was a creative group where I thrived. The congregations was incredible. The work was very satisfying.
Typical Day at Work
Sunday Morning Coordinator (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 8, 2015
I'd help get the church ready for functioning on Sunday by turning on the lights and doing minor custodial duties such as taking out the trash.
great work place
Sexton (Former Employee), garden grove caMarch 31, 2015
I worked as part of the maintenance staff cleaning facility doing minor repairs and any maintenance as required doing whatever was required
Great
Associate Pastor (Former Employee), Foley, ALMarch 29, 2015
Over all experience introductory level for beginning over sight management leadership learning the ropes invaluable life long experience staff and collegiality
Beautiful church with great people
Events staff/Sexton (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the staff is great, helpful, kind. fun opportunities
Cons: location is close to many transient camps, sometimes need to deal with the mentally ill
Doing both events and sexton duties I really got to know the church and it's members. I have been able to help couple's on their wedding day, which is really fun for me. I typically do a lot of set up and tear down, and interfacing with people. The best part of working here is the people. The staff and the congregation are just wonderful. The hardest part about this job is that it can be a bit physically demanding. I walk a lot, usually while moving things.
good place to work if you like children
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee), Clarksburg, WVJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun if you like children
Cons: people steal the food i buy for the children
Easy hours, usually during church services. most of the time I only have to be there for 3 hours a week. Good employer, very kind and listens to your needs as a person and an employee. usually about 2 or 3 children there at a time, and most of the time a parent is there to help you aswell. I really have no coworkers for this job, but if need be, as in if there are too many children to keep under control by myself, i can text a parent to come from the service to help out. sometimes i play a movie for the children, usually an old disney movie in the VCR.
Wonderful work environment
Assistant Choral Director (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Management was good along with the way we were treated. My coworkers were wonderful. Te most challenging part of my job was keeping up with the fast pace, but I managed to do so. I loved meeting all the new people and being able to provide good service o them.
normal
Pastor (Former Employee), Hope, ARDecember 16, 2014
normal pastoral expectations
conflict management
growth in faith
Position was great but poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee), Nebraska City, NENovember 7, 2014
Pros: great inspirational workplace
Cons: poor management
I enjoyed the job very much but the pastor was never there and council didn't have access to information.
Enjoyable in a total team approach atmosphere.
Office Secretary (Former Employee), 829 Red Bud Rd Ne, Calhoun, GA 30701October 29, 2014
I absolutely loved this job. It was a part time job with complete flexibility. There was no one to show me how to do the job as the old secretary had just left. Luckily I was easily able to use their system to help me along with making the weekly brochures for Sunday services.
The hardest part of the job was getting a few minutes with the Pastor to give me the information he needed to complete the brochures in a timely manor.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the summer vacation bible school and seeing the children. I was also able to secure free snacks and lunch for all the kids through a local free program that the government sponsored. The church was thrilled.
I pride myself on being able to save money in every company I work for.
A great position to learn musicianship and to develop musical skills
Staff Singer (Current Employee), Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2014
I've been employed at this church, as the Bass Staff Singer, since January 2012. I have loved every minute of this job! I love to sing! This position has helped me to become a better sight-reader when singing in a choir and when studying solo repertoire. I have learned details within music history and performance!
Only worked Saturdays and Sundays mostly
Child Care/ Lawn Care (Former Employee), Shenandoah, IAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: semi choose hours
Cons: not a lot of hours
Baby sat for the duration of the service and would do lawn care services on my own time choosing my own hours.
Loved working with the staff
Child Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Hattiesburg, MSOctober 12, 2014
Job is straightforward and the staff is very easy to work with.
A nice work environment that is family oriented
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 7, 2014
A typical work day would consists of checking in with my supervisor at the beginning of my shift to figure out if there are any special requests or needs to know for that particular day. Then I would proceed to the general cleaning of the church in designated areas for that day, all the while checking for any other problem areas that may require immediate attention. I would also make a list of any supplies needed for weekly supply run. At the end of the night I ensure that the building is secure and has been thoroughly cleaned in the places needed for the next day of business. I learned valuable knowledge on general cleaning, striping and waxing floors, and cleaning carpets. Management of the company is pretty good although I believe they do not always listen to the workers on the things that are needed and not needed. The co workers at First presbyterian church are very friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is making hundreds of people happy at one time while following command from one supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people of all ages, races, and different walks of life.
Worked as a team to produce meals
Volunteer (Former Employee), Macomb, ILSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch/dinner, meeting new people
Cons: n/a
Co- workers were other students
The most enjoyable part was that I was able to cook and feed children and their families healthy food, fruits and vegetables, whole grains
Prepped, cooked food, served and helped to clean kitchen
Relaxed and tranquil working environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: working alone, my own office, able to make decisions on my own without approval
Cons: no health or dental benefits, no direct deposit option, long travel to work
A typical day at the job required opening the building, entering my office, turning on all office equipment, checking emails and completing my daily tasks. I learned a lot about using MS Publisher. I also learned about conducting post funeral assistance for families. I was directly managed by the pastor of the church. Most days I worked in the office alone. There were only two other co-workers that included a custodian and the music director. The hardest part of the job was telling the homeless people or familes in need of assistance the long process to received help from our establishment. The most enjoyable part was working alone and also being allowed to bring my newborn daughter to work with me.
Great place to work with a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 12, 2014
I loved this job, but the pay with a growing family was not enough.
Redirection
Finance & Accounting / Data Entry (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 11, 2014
Need organization. Not organized many things out of place in the Accounting department.

1 2 3 4 5

$11.00 per hour
Secretary
$10.00 per hour

First Presbyterian Church Photos

Giving charge to a newly ordained Pastor.
Church Service. Photograph with Pastors of the Presbyterian Church.