First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Productive and safe workplace with church people.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 29, 2016
My overall work experience here was great. I learned many new people and enjoyed them all. My manager was very considerate of everybody and what you have going on. The people that attend the church are very respectful and appreciate the workers in there church. I did not experience a hard part in the workplace.Overall I really enjoyed the job.
First Presbyterian Church Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 25, 2016
This job was very flexible with my school schedule. They were understanding of my other duties outside of the church. I learned how to work with children in a structured way by creating lesson plans and helping children with everyday activities. The co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part was leaving the children and watching them move on.
Wonderful, gracious people who love each other and their community!
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Mabank, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Providing Pastoral Care and Teaching brings me great joy.
*At First Presbyterian Church in Mabank, Texas, I taught Adult Sunday School Classes as well as Vacation Bible School. I also served as the Youth Sponsor to the Synod of the Sun Youth Gathering in Tulsa, Okla.
*I took communion and provided pastoral care to the ill and shut-ins.
*I facilitated a weekly support group for on-going illnesses for church
and community members.
*I taught a volunteer training class for those who wanted to provide pastoral support to members of the church and the community.
Great summer job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 3, 2015
A typical day at work began with my arrival anywhere from 8 AM to 9 AM and clocking in. Each day was usually different depending on what was going on. Often we would set up various rooms in the church for meetings, luncheons and Sunday school classes. The church was large so there was a lot of activity going on. My co-workers were fun to be around. They were great, hard-working men and women who kept the church activity afloat. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how exactly each room was supposed to be set up and stripping the floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the sense of humor among the staff.
Pros
Working in my church.
Cons
Some days there wasn't much to do and it would get a little boring.
Productive and fun place to work
Bookkeeper/ secretary (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 23, 2015
First Presbyterian Church was a fun and productive workplace that made going to work something to look forward to every morning. The management at First Presbyterian church was great and I the church members were very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to keep up with all of the books and having the responsibility to write checks, do bank drafts, do deposits, reconcile bank statements and do bulletins for the weekly church services. I can not pick out a bad thing about the job at FBC.
Great place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLOctober 25, 2015
Great place to work. All co-workers were beyond nice and helpful. Was the "go to" person for all of the office equipment, ordering supplies, set up meetings, etc.
Pros
Sort hours during the summer!
Cons
Big meeting - we were all told that if we did not attend church on a regular basis, we didn't need to work here.
Learning experience
Daycare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLOctober 15, 2015
Wonder experience working with young children. I feel I matured a lot in this job and also grew as a person. This was a great experience for me, and I will always look back on it fondly.
Surrounded by the best
Nursery Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GASeptember 30, 2015
Seeing the little ones smile, listening to the babbling and cooing, watching the toddlers interact with others for the first time... these are all great reasons to work with little ones. But to work in a church where morals and ethics are the same as yours is indescribable. And to hear "thank you" from a parent who was nervous leaving their little one for the first time just lifts you up.
Pros
Part-time hours, great pay, easy scheduling
Cons
Not a lot of room for growth
Great "Team" of co workers and Managers. No cost on site gym membership.
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2015
I was point of contact when anyone came through the front doors of the Church lobby.
I had computer assignments of data entry for different departments of the organization.
I enjoyed assisting visitors with their needs.
Learned more compassion to assist visitors with their most dire needs.
All coworkers were a very fair, friendly and honest team to work with.
All aspects of my employment duties were enjoyable to me.
Pros
No cost on site gym membership.
Cons
Really cannnot think of anything negative.
Enjoyable workplace
Lead Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I loved working here and being able to watch the kids that I watched grow up. It was a great place to work and stay with but the hours are what ended up having me leave.
Very productive fun work place
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Had great fun playing and teaching the young boys and girls. Every day was a new challenge and experience. The children were all very special, and they enjoyed the interaction with each other. I was there only on a temp bases, and I was very sad when my job had ended.
Productive and enjoying meeting and having dialogue with the members.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Productive. Paying bills, balancing accounts, posting incomer, aiding members in various capacities were enjoyable. My co-workers were like an extended family. The hardest part of the job was year-end closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship with co-worker and members, and sharing recipes.
Great Community
Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 17, 2015
I only worked a few hours a week, but every day that I walked into the church I was welcomed with a smiling face! Although this job requires the ability to play piano.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Few hours
Interesting
Director of Congregational Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 17, 2015
It was a bit of a political environment - Had to deal with people all day every day while also working on details of the job. Taught me much about multitasking.
Internal struggle will derail all intiatives
Worship Leader/Night Deacon (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 16, 2015
working in a team in which communication between all the members and administration seems to secretive and one-sided.
Thriving Presbyterian Community
Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2015
I have learned numerous new administrative and choral directing skills at this, my home church. It is definitely a Christian family, both the congregation, and the staff and management.
High Energy and entertaining
Nursery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 11, 2015
By supervising, entertaining, and caring for children up to 12 years old, this job taught me leadership. The high energy of the kids taught me how to handle myself in stressful environments.
Pros
entertaining
Cons
below minimum wage pay
We have an excellent, highly dedicated group of co-workers and varied job responsibilities
Church Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 6, 2015
Each day is a little different at this medium-sized downtown church which is very active in social justice. Each work day I enjoy assisting both clergy and office personnel, as well as various committee leaders. The hardest part of the job comes just occasionally, usually on Fridays, when folks in need come to the door seeking financial assistance and there is no one available to help them out.
Pros
Varied work responsibilities; close-knit staff
Cons
Too few hours
Hostle
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 29, 2015
Hostile working enviorment. To many miro management people involved to complete work. Management would not support its own staff.
A good learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2015
Doing volunteer work for the First Pres. plays was fun and exciting. The children loved to act out reinterpreted Bible stories for their friends and family and they loved working with me.

4.3