First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

I love this place
Nursery Caretaker and Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Canaan, CT 06840February 16, 2017
I grew up in this church and it has become like a second home to me and my family. Everyone is very accepting there and they got some good snacks after the service :)
Pros
welcoming and happy enviorment
Cons
I honestly cant think of any
fun
Pamphlet Maker (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 8, 2017
enjoyed the people and environment and was a pretty easy job. didnt take much work and enjoyable work day. fun for relaxed people and people who like to concentrate
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work for because people are great! I enjoyed working with them each week and helping the children. I would recommend it to others.
Members of parish are very friendly and easy to work with.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Glendale, OHFebruary 4, 2017
Perfect part-time position: twenty hour week; four days.
Daily duties combine receptionist/secretary skills.
Responsibilities: weekly church bulletins, monthly newsletter, etc.

In nine years I worked with four pastors, each one very different. As the singular office administrator, I learned how to manage my time, and I developed new office skills such as learning new software programs and creating graphic material.

The congregation is very friendly and agreeable. Besides the Pastor, I assisted the Associate Minister, Music Chair, and Committee Chairs. I looked forward to helping them with their projects.
Wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olney, ILFebruary 3, 2017
First Presbyterian Church is a wonderful place to work for a part time position. The minister is very laid back as are the members of the congregation.

I look forward to going to work every day.
A variety of work each day. Have the ability to be creative and work without supervision and they respect my creativity.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Paw Paw, MIJanuary 27, 2017
A typical day at the church would be answer phones (2 lines), greet members, update church database, set up building usages with members and or various organizations in the area, update weekly worship Sunday services bulletins, slides, and announcements. I assist the Pastor /staff/church commissions with anything they need, such as printing bulletins, sorting mail, creating postcards/any forms used for church duties or their responsibilities. I assist with ordering flowers for funerals and assist coordinating custodial services with outside meetings at the church. Management is very open to suggestions on creating monthly newsletters. The Clerk of Session relies on me to update the church register, track membership address changes, births, deaths. I learned new software such as Publisher and Church Windows (a database software), use Gotomypc software to work from home when weather doesn't permit travel to work. Hardest part of the job at times was there were no procedures on how to do things and each member has their own view on how to do things. I pushed for a Procedure Manual so that everyone is on the same page. It was awkward when I first started work there as I was told different ways to do and not do things such as who gets keys to the church, how to set up the Fellowship Hall for their annual thrift sale, how to manage building request permits. Many enjoyable moments happen at church when I create a form that someone is needs, being creative creating the monthly newsletters or picking pictures for the slides for Sunday Services and just being with the members  more... and visitors. I enjoy being with people!  less
Pros
Casual atmosphere, kuddos from members and visitors, able to be creative, working with the members.
Cons
Being a part time position, no chance to advance.
Great place
Sexton/Security (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJanuary 25, 2017
Loved working here. Would reccomebd this job to others.
Great environment with great people.Blah ah ah blah blah blah blah
Great
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Great and they work with you not against you. They also help you change lives positively in the community. They also help you when needed and look out for everyone's best interest.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Very community orientated,outreach programs.wonderful programs such as paying for birth certificates for anyone who doesn't have the ability to pay. Wonderful people of God
Pros
Community breakfast every Sunday morning prepared by the deacons of the church
Cons
Nice health care package
great place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bushnell, ILJanuary 7, 2017
great job. really enjoy everyone I work with. I like the amount of hours I get. great work environment. hardest part Is trying to clean the whole building
Relaxing environment
Office Administrator/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INDecember 19, 2016
I liked working here because it was relaxing and laid back. A typical day consisted of answering the phone, booking appointments, folding laundry and keeping the place tidy.
Comfortable and friendly workplace
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 7, 2016
This is a great place to work.The people are very nice, friendly, and understanding. The day usually consists of playing with the children,diaper changes and feeding time.
Another mainline church
Director of Student Ministries (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHOctober 26, 2016
This is an average mainline denomination church in the midwest. It's exactly like you might imagine. The congregation is nice and the city is quiet. There is a lot of room for growth.
Relaxed, respectful environment. Very rewarding work.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 10, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. Awesome environment, very respectful co-workers. Only drawback might be that management changes yearly, and sometimes this can be a challenge learning to work with different personalities each year. Many opportunities for rewarding volunteer work.
Pros
Co-workers and overall environment
Cons
Annual management changes
Good
Volunteer activities and coordination (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 4, 2016
Good working environment. Small close-knit group of employees. Minimal hours. Decent management and business plan.
I not fun anything
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 3, 2016
Because I was busy work much more than fun anything. I not like fun anything. My favorite busy work better than fun with people for etc.
Pros
I not eat for lunch break.
Cons
I not feel hurt thing
I enjoyed working for this historic church.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 18, 2016
First Presbyterian was an interesting place to work. The jobs for me were diverse. The staff worked well together and it felt rewarding to work in this environment.
Pros
Interesting and satisfying employment.
Cons
I moved from the area.
Calm environment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
My job is the receptionist temporarily and I love to work here. I love seeing the members come in and making there day with a smile. They are very sweet and and welcoming to everyone. I love how professional the environment is as well. I am very thankful to have had this as a job experience.
Pros
Great staff, and loving and caring people.
Cons
Far drive to work.
Spiritually supportive environment
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 8, 2016
FPC is a thriving church community with service, compassion, and fun woven into its fabric of worship, teaching, education, and congregational support.
Warm and welcoming enviroment
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 24, 2016
My normal day begins with unlocking the Church building and setting up for the Sunday morning activities. I then proceed to check the sidewalks for any trash and/or garbage as well as for snow during winter months. After the sidewalk, I begin to prepare the sound system for the morning services. Following the services and any meetings I secures the building. Very nice place to work. They people are very nice and helpful. the Staff are very smart and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job is keeping the sidewalks clear from snow and ice during the service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4