First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience using cameras
Camera Man & Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2016
I would turn on the Tricaster, sound, lights and computer.
Made sure that everything worked.
I learned a lot about framing the shot and when to cut to a close up.
I also learned how to use the tricaster to manipulate shots by getting extreme close ups.
My co workers were fun to work with because I was able to learn from their experiences and try to find shots that they would not have found.
For me the hardest part was leaving. I had so much fun with the cameras that once I left everyone at my church knew that they should have paid me to be their full time camera man. And, every time I come to visit everyone asks me if I am running the cameras.
I had the most fun making the praise team look like a real band by making every song they sing and old MTV music video.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Volunteer the whole time I was there
Productive Work Environment for Everyone
Photographer (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 19, 2016
First Presbyterian Church is good environment to work in and to meet new people. Nice atmosphere and coworkers to rely on. I learn new technquies when handling children because of the age group we have. The hardest part of the job is there is limited room and people to look over the kids and at times there are over a dozen but some are old enough that we can rely on them to be good so we can watch over the younger ones. We read to them and teach them new skills for them to use when they grow up.
Pros
Good environment and place to grow
Cons
Once a week and only about two and half hours of work
Wonderful, gracious people who love each other and their community!
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Mabank, TXJanuary 22, 2016
Providing Pastoral Care and Teaching brings me great joy.
*At First Presbyterian Church in Mabank, Texas, I taught Adult Sunday School Classes as well as Vacation Bible School. I also served as the Youth Sponsor to the Synod of the Sun Youth Gathering in Tulsa, Okla.
*I took communion and provided pastoral care to the ill and shut-ins.
*I facilitated a weekly support group for on-going illnesses for church
and community members.
*I taught a volunteer training class for those who wanted to provide pastoral support to members of the church and the community.
Fun workplace
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 1, 2016
I only work here on Sunday mornings. Every Sunday, I have the pleasure of working with 3 yr olds from teaching them a bible lesson to play on the playground with them. The hardest part of the job is when a child has to move away or gets to old to be in my class. My favorite part of the job is getting to watch the kids grow and work with their families through the years they are there.
Productive and fun place to work
Bookkeeper/ secretary (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 23, 2015
First Presbyterian Church was a fun and productive workplace that made going to work something to look forward to every morning. The management at First Presbyterian church was great and I the church members were very helpful and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to keep up with all of the books and having the responsibility to write checks, do bank drafts, do deposits, reconcile bank statements and do bulletins for the weekly church services. I can not pick out a bad thing about the job at FBC.
Productive and fun place to work
Administration/Director of Outreach Program (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 3, 2016
I have learned better organizational skills which help me focus. A lot of volunteer work has gotten me out of myself. They were impressed at my review and decided to bring me on full time... We have been very active in the church which has helped our family greatly.
Great summer job.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 3, 2015
A typical day at work began with my arrival anywhere from 8 AM to 9 AM and clocking in. Each day was usually different depending on what was going on. Often we would set up various rooms in the church for meetings, luncheons and Sunday school classes. The church was large so there was a lot of activity going on. My co-workers were fun to be around. They were great, hard-working men and women who kept the church activity afloat. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how exactly each room was supposed to be set up and stripping the floors. The most enjoyable part of my job was the sense of humor among the staff.
Pros
Working in my church.
Cons
Some days there wasn't much to do and it would get a little boring.
I really enjoyed learning with kids and receiving such wonderful hugs daily.
Lead Teacher/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 27, 2016
Working @ First Presbyterian Dayschool ministry was a wonderful 6 year experience. It truly enhanced my parenting skills, my communication and leadership skills. I am better person because of First Pres.
Pros
Weekends/pd holidays off
Cons
Lack of parent involvement at times.
Nice people
Church Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 25, 2016
This was a nice place to work, but not much pay. Working at a church, you not only deal with the pastors, but you have to answer to all the members for the congregation. And this church is extremely political and outspoken.
Pros
deal with many people
Cons
the pay
Productive and safe workplace with church people.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAJanuary 29, 2016
My overall work experience here was great. I learned many new people and enjoyed them all. My manager was very considerate of everybody and what you have going on. The people that attend the church are very respectful and appreciate the workers in there church. I did not experience a hard part in the workplace.Overall I really enjoyed the job.
First Presbyterian Church Review
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJanuary 25, 2016
This job was very flexible with my school schedule. They were understanding of my other duties outside of the church. I learned how to work with children in a structured way by creating lesson plans and helping children with everyday activities. The co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part was leaving the children and watching them move on.
Productive and Fun
A1 Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
My work at First Presbyterian was truly rewarding for me. I was their A1 Audio Engineer until I moved from Houston to Austin. I enjoyed running sound at the church. Nice and wholesome environment to work in
productive and active with kids
Bible school teacher for kids (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 20, 2016
There's around 10 kids. I learn about the kids' personalities and try to enjoy what the kids think is fun; organize games and activities around everyone's ages.
Pros
learning how to teach, free lunch
Cons
inconvenient hours
Being a supervisor
House Keeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 6, 2014
I like my job, i like the fact i get to be hands on with my crew and with the public. i love doing floor project, to see a floor that hasnt been taken care of in 29 yrs. and then the final finish. Its very exciting to know you was the one who made that floor look so pretty. the hardest part of my job is all 3 of my employees are 20 to 30 years older then myself and for so long they have not had a supervisor in their department, so for me to come in ready to work and stay on schedule and get the job done correctly bothers them to the point of being disrespectful. i was actually told when i started that i have to treat these grown adult like children. i dont like statement but over the past year i relized what i was being told was very true
Pros
benefits, set schedule, stability
Cons
not having a good support team as far a management
Enjoyable and Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 28, 2016
This was an enjoyable job that i got to work with many different people. I assisted with developmentally and physically challenged adults.
Productive and great environtment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 21, 2016
First Presbyterian church is a great place to work, everyone is always nice and ready to work. Here I learned that there are people with bigger struggles than yours.
Fun work place
Assistant Nursery Caregiver (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 29, 2016
great people to be around with. fun and enjoyable atmosphere. good location and people to work with. Eager children wanting to learn and grow.
Top notch music and ministry
Bass Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2016
I've been the section leader at First Pres for 8 years, and the music and people there have been incredibly supportive and nurturing.
Relaxed and tranquil working environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAAugust 27, 2014
A typical day at the job required opening the building, entering my office, turning on all office equipment, checking emails and completing my daily tasks. I learned a lot about using MS Publisher. I also learned about conducting post funeral assistance for families. I was directly managed by the pastor of the church. Most days I worked in the office alone. There were only two other co-workers that included a custodian and the music director. The hardest part of the job was telling the homeless people or familes in need of assistance the long process to received help from our establishment. The most enjoyable part was working alone and also being allowed to bring my newborn daughter to work with me.
Pros
working alone, my own office, able to make decisions on my own without approval
Cons
no health or dental benefits, no direct deposit option, long travel to work
Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Palacios, TXMarch 6, 2016
Great place to work with friendly members. They are flexible with hours and understanding when things come up! The pastors are very nice.

4.3