First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Wonderful People
Church Custodian (Former Employee) –  East Jordan, MISeptember 21, 2017
I am kind of bias since it's the church I grew up in. Always a friendly face and kind words. Received regular reviews. I shared this position with another student and we switched off each week.
Wonderful Christian atmosphere
Church Secretary (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 11, 2017
First Presbyterian Church of Florence, South Carolina is a great place to work and serve the Lord. The church members are non judgmental. The staff works well together and is supportive as a team. There is a wonderful opportunity to serve our Lord here on a daily basis. Staff meetings are weekly and each employee has the opportunity to share in devotion time.
Pros
Christian atmosphere
Cons
no room for growth
Enjoyable work place
Financial Secretary (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTSeptember 11, 2017
The work place is very flexible as to the working hours.The people are very great to work for / with in all instances. The expectations are well laid out for myself.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Favortism
Nice place to work
Secretary (Former Employee) –  WinchesterSeptember 5, 2017
Relaxing atmosphere. Was OK that I did not belong to the church. The church members visiting on a daily basis were really nice to see. The church sanctuary is beautiful. Looks even more beautify at holidays when the ladies decorate for Christmas and Easter. I feel the members of the church made the job pleasant.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
The monotony of the job. Week after week the same thing.
A loving and caring church environment
Church Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901August 30, 2017
First Presbyterian of Kankakee was a good place to work, with a good Board and caring people. Once they fired the first pastor I worked under and got in a new one, things went very smoothly. The Board was wonderful to work with and the politics there were not so bad, as far as a church goes. I enjoyed my time there and loved the congregants and the people I worked with.
Pros
Good and loving church atmosphere
Cons
Located in a changing part of town and sometimes security was an issue
wonderful environment
Temporary Children's Ministry Director (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 28, 2017
This church has been an excellent place to work. I have had nothing but kind people to work with and for. The jobs I have done there have been varied from singing in the church choir and directing the children's choir, to working at the day camp in the summer, and performing for special events.
Pros
kindest people you can hope to work for
Cons
small congregation
Great People
Youth and Family Education Director (Former Employee) –  Ossian, INAugust 23, 2017
The church had great members and the kids were awesome. I was able to grow the youth and start an elementary after school program. Pay was low and no benefits.
Pros
Kids
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable and educational
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 20, 2017
I enjoy working here. I have been here a year and plan on working in this place of employment. I work part time here. The children and families are easy to get along with.
Pros
The other employees and congrgation are welcoming.
First Presbyterian Church is a good place
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 19, 2017
Its got a good environment and good place to work at. The main thing is to keep the church clean and set up for events. Its not back breaking, and its easy once you start to get the hang of things there. The people are nice and if you can't put food in your home they can help get a food box if you need it. Its a good Job.
Pros
You might get food from some of the events :)
Cons
No raises, benefits, or paid vacation.
Part Time - Enjoyable
Financial Assistant (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 17, 2017
It's a good job with nice people. Very flexible and easy to work with. They have been great working around my schedule. I have no complaints about working there.
A wonderful staff and environment
Director of Children's Ministry (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
I loved working at FPC and only left because I was relocating. I was devastated when I left because that was the best job I've ever had. Whoever works there is so lucky.
Fpc
Building Management (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 3, 2017
Working for this organization is very flexible and very understandable. Hardest task was performed on Sunday and special events that required multiple set ups of services in a small set amount of time.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
Outstanding teamwork
Administrative Assistant for Communications (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 2, 2017
Excellent work environment
This is a great place to work. I was able to use creativity in producing weekly and seasonal communication. The physical environment is very pleasant and coworkers are productive and congenial.
Pros
coffee bar
First Presbyterian was a joy to work at. The minister and parishoners were very easy to get along with.
Receptionist Responsibilities (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 2, 2017
I enjoyed working at First Presbyterian. It was a pleasant atmosphere, and the people were nice. Being a church secretary is a job with many hats. There is a lot of detail oriented work, deadlines and many other miscellaneous tasks to be taken care of. I stayed busy and I feel like I was an asset to the church.
Pros
Good job environment, good people, short drive.
Cons
None that I can think of.
Excellent benefits
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Junction City, KS 66441July 31, 2017
Enjoyable place to work. Several people in and out each day that were fun to help and work with. Excellent benefits. Worked closely with families and funeral homes during times of funerals. Summer fun with Vacation Bible School.
Benefits
Cons
Change of Management
Great place to work and be with God loving people
Organist/accompanist (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJuly 24, 2017
First Presbyterian Church of Brighton is a wonderful place to work. The people are warm, friendly and always willing to lend a helping hand. The music program is excellent and our new minister is beyond excellent1
I loved working with the children
Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed working with the children they were really sweethearts We made sure they had there snacks. I helped them to the potty and made sure they were clean
Pros
The children
Cons
Short break
Job Review
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 13, 2017
I first started here as a volunteer since i was not old enough to get paid yet. I worked in the nursery with children ages infant to 4 years old. We would watch while the parents attended church, classes, I even helped out during the week for "Mothers Day Out" which is like school for the younger children while the parents were at work.
Outstanding co-workers
Staff (Former Employee) –  Winneconne, WIJuly 10, 2017
The secretary is outstanding. The leaders are volunteers and from different professional and personal backgrounds. Raises are non-existent, and expectations vary based on position.
Pros
co-workers
Amazing Place to Work
Teacher/helper (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJuly 2, 2017
Working with children here was an amazing experience. It taught me a lot about not only how to handle myself around younger children but also how to have fun and interact with them whether it be through games, crafts, or playing outside. The management here is very helpful and understanding. The hardest part of the job was definitely having to say goodbye to the kids when it was time for them to go home.