First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

nice people, great kids
Childerns coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Pedro, CAMay 25, 2017
made many great friends, learned a lot , very diverse place to work, great food, small church, not enough kids at church, mainly elder people 70 plus ,
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Fun place
Storyteller for Children Worship and Wonder (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 19, 2017
Lots of kids and lots of fun. Great people to work for and great congregation with lots of great activities and classes coming up in the fall! I love this place
Great Place!
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 18, 2017
Wish I worked more hours but its a great place and I am happy to be apart of a wonderful church family. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. The kids are great as well!
positive work environment with support people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingsford, MIMay 16, 2017
Hours were pretty flexible as long as weekly tasks were completed in a timely manner. Office space was open, with customers coming and going in a laid back manner. Staff was very friendly with each other and with guests.
Amazing place to work while in school
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, MSMay 16, 2017
just an overall great place to work while going to school full time. it is very relaxed and the children and parents are great. a typical day at work includes occupying children while their parents attend church services.
Excellent Team work environment
Program Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 5, 2017
From the moment I started, I felt like I had been a part of this team forever. We all worked so well together; like clockwork. My job entailed multi-tasking with other members on different teams. I loved working here.
Pros
Great work environment
Fun
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 28, 2017
A typical work day was short but fun. I've gained patience and time management. My boss is very nice and on top of what needs to be done. I enjoyed being with the kids.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
unsteady pay
Great experience
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Coal Valley, ILApril 26, 2017
Loved working at this job but wanted to get a full-time job as I could find another part-time job to go with it at the time. Another retirement dream job and would take it again if offered to me.
Pros
Great congregation to work for.
Cons
was only a part-time position
This is a great environment to be a part of!
Substitute Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Wing, MNApril 25, 2017
I worked as a Sunday School Teacher and it is always a great way to start off your week! You get to interact with the children and teach them about God!
Productive and fun place
Nursery Attendant/ Teacher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 24, 2017
Enjoyed working at a place where I worshipped with the families and their children. The work atmosphere was always positive and fun. Those in charge were loving and caring.
Pros
Loved the kids and families
Cons
Only worked 3 days a week
Director of Discipleship (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2017
Wonderful people and good opportunities, great compensation and benefits. Work/life balance is encouraged, which is hard to find in a ministry setting!
Quite place to work
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winneconne, WI 54986April 19, 2017
This Church only has part time positions as the budget is small do to the size of the congregation. Many of the congregation are very nice but a select few like to think they run everything and if they don't they complain.
Pros
Very family oriented
Cons
It seems like you have 20 bosses
Assistant Church Secretary (Former Employee) –  Fremont, OHApril 18, 2017
Really enjoyed working there after school helping students out in the Secretary classes. Learned a lot working there. Management was very helpful. The workplace was always friendly and clean. The hardest part was having to leave everyday to go home. Most enjoyable was meeting the new students that would come in to do there work.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
no likes
Interesting place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 16, 2017
It was an interesting place, but at this time is in the middle of a transitional period. The actual objective of my supervisor was not made clear when I was hired.
Great
Section Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAApril 13, 2017
Lovely place, I worked with the Liturgical choir. It was a great experience and I did really enjoy my time there that I got to work with members of the Charlottesville community.
An outstanding place for Christian Ministry
Temporary Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 12, 2017
An exciting place to do the Lord's work. My paid job was to maintain the historic building, but I daily interacted with a wide variety of people with a variety of needs.
Kind staff, great culture!
Middle School Girls Youth Director (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Kind staff, easy to work with people. Enjoyed the job and serving the church community.

I loved my Director of my department. He was very passionate and cared about our ministry. He was willing to let us do new ideas -- even if they failed, you still felt appreacited!
love this place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OK 74464April 4, 2017
Would love to work here again. The people were so kind and lovely.
Excellent learning skills, they helped succeed. Loved them all. I would work here again.
Beautiful workplace with a friendly and welcoming environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 30, 2017
The visitors and staff at First Presbyterian were very considerate towards me and everyone that visited. I am glad to have worked at this church, and to have met such nice people.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Alot of lifting
Its a great place to work with lots of activity, and kids to take care of.
nusery worker (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 30, 2017
It starts off at about 8:15 and stops about 12:00 sometimes later with special event like Easter Sunday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and if the parents are late. It is difficult sometimes, especially Fun Friday lots and lots of kids, but small amount of staff. You have to pay a lot of attention to everything at once, because one child could be playing with blocks while another is trying to eat them, and two are in another part of the room arguing over a toy. Two adults have to be in the room at all times, no exceptions. On days with one or two childern it is rather quiet. The manager is there before anyone else and check in everyday I see them at least two or three times in each room to make sure everything is okay.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
small staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4