First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable workplace
Lead Childcare Teacher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I loved working here and being able to watch the kids that I watched grow up. It was a great place to work and stay with but the hours are what ended up having me leave.
Very productive fun work place
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 12, 2015
Had great fun playing and teaching the young boys and girls. Every day was a new challenge and experience. The children were all very special, and they enjoyed the interaction with each other. I was there only on a temp bases, and I was very sad when my job had ended.
Productive and enjoying meeting and having dialogue with the members.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCSeptember 1, 2015
Productive. Paying bills, balancing accounts, posting incomer, aiding members in various capacities were enjoyable. My co-workers were like an extended family. The hardest part of the job was year-end closing. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fellowship with co-worker and members, and sharing recipes.
Great Community
Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJune 17, 2015
I only worked a few hours a week, but every day that I walked into the church I was welcomed with a smiling face! Although this job requires the ability to play piano.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Few hours
Interesting
Director of Congregational Service (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 17, 2015
It was a bit of a political environment - Had to deal with people all day every day while also working on details of the job. Taught me much about multitasking.
Internal struggle will derail all intiatives
Worship Leader/Night Deacon (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 16, 2015
working in a team in which communication between all the members and administration seems to secretive and one-sided.
Thriving Presbyterian Community
Ministry Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 27, 2015
I have learned numerous new administrative and choral directing skills at this, my home church. It is definitely a Christian family, both the congregation, and the staff and management.
High Energy and entertaining
Nursery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIMay 11, 2015
By supervising, entertaining, and caring for children up to 12 years old, this job taught me leadership. The high energy of the kids taught me how to handle myself in stressful environments.
Pros
entertaining
Cons
below minimum wage pay
We have an excellent, highly dedicated group of co-workers and varied job responsibilities
Church Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 6, 2015
Each day is a little different at this medium-sized downtown church which is very active in social justice. Each work day I enjoy assisting both clergy and office personnel, as well as various committee leaders. The hardest part of the job comes just occasionally, usually on Fridays, when folks in need come to the door seeking financial assistance and there is no one available to help them out.
Pros
Varied work responsibilities; close-knit staff
Cons
Too few hours
Hostle
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 29, 2015
Hostile working enviorment. To many miro management people involved to complete work. Management would not support its own staff.
A good learning experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 24, 2015
Doing volunteer work for the First Pres. plays was fun and exciting. The children loved to act out reinterpreted Bible stories for their friends and family and they loved working with me.
Great Place to work
Director of Publications (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityApril 9, 2015
This job was a perfect fit for me. The staff was a creative group where I thrived. The congregations was incredible. The work was very satisfying.
Pros
Worked my own hours as it was a part-time job
Typical Day at Work
Sunday Morning Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAApril 8, 2015
I'd help get the church ready for functioning on Sunday by turning on the lights and doing minor custodial duties such as taking out the trash.
great work place
Sexton (Former Employee) –  garden grove caMarch 31, 2015
I worked as part of the maintenance staff cleaning facility doing minor repairs and any maintenance as required doing whatever was required
Great
Associate Pastor (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMarch 29, 2015
Over all experience introductory level for beginning over sight management leadership learning the ropes invaluable life long experience staff and collegiality
Beautiful church with great people
Events staff/Sexton (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 16, 2015
Doing both events and sexton duties I really got to know the church and it's members. I have been able to help couple's on their wedding day, which is really fun for me. I typically do a lot of set up and tear down, and interfacing with people. The best part of working here is the people. The staff and the congregation are just wonderful. The hardest part about this job is that it can be a bit physically demanding. I walk a lot, usually while moving things.
Pros
the staff is great, helpful, kind. fun opportunities
Cons
location is close to many transient camps, sometimes need to deal with the mentally ill
good place to work if you like children
Babysitter/Nanny (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJanuary 23, 2015
Easy hours, usually during church services. most of the time I only have to be there for 3 hours a week. Good employer, very kind and listens to your needs as a person and an employee. usually about 2 or 3 children there at a time, and most of the time a parent is there to help you aswell. I really have no coworkers for this job, but if need be, as in if there are too many children to keep under control by myself, i can text a parent to come from the service to help out. sometimes i play a movie for the children, usually an old disney movie in the VCR.
Pros
fun if you like children
Cons
people steal the food i buy for the children
Wonderful work environment
Assistant Choral Director (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Management was good along with the way we were treated. My coworkers were wonderful. Te most challenging part of my job was keeping up with the fast pace, but I managed to do so. I loved meeting all the new people and being able to provide good service o them.
normal
Pastor (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARDecember 16, 2014
normal pastoral expectations
conflict management
growth in faith
Position was great but poor management
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Nebraska City, NENovember 7, 2014
I enjoyed the job very much but the pastor was never there and council didn't have access to information.
Pros
great inspirational workplace
Cons
poor management

4.3