First Presbyterian Church Employee Reviews

Great
Staff member (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Great and they work with you not against you. They also help you change lives positively in the community. They also help you when needed and look out for everyone's best interest.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJanuary 16, 2017
Very community orientated,outreach programs.wonderful programs such as paying for birth certificates for anyone who doesn't have the ability to pay. Wonderful people of God
Pros
Community breakfast every Sunday morning prepared by the deacons of the church
Cons
Nice health care package
great place to work
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Bushnell, ILJanuary 7, 2017
great job. really enjoy everyone I work with. I like the amount of hours I get. great work environment. hardest part Is trying to clean the whole building
Relaxing environment
Office Administrator/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INDecember 19, 2016
I liked working here because it was relaxing and laid back. A typical day consisted of answering the phone, booking appointments, folding laundry and keeping the place tidy.
Comfortable and friendly workplace
Nursery Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCDecember 7, 2016
This is a great place to work.The people are very nice, friendly, and understanding. The day usually consists of playing with the children,diaper changes and feeding time.
Another mainline church
Director of Student Ministries (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OHOctober 26, 2016
This is an average mainline denomination church in the midwest. It's exactly like you might imagine. The congregation is nice and the city is quiet. There is a lot of room for growth.
Relaxed, respectful environment. Very rewarding work.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 10, 2016
This is an excellent place to work. Awesome environment, very respectful co-workers. Only drawback might be that management changes yearly, and sometimes this can be a challenge learning to work with different personalities each year. Many opportunities for rewarding volunteer work.
Pros
Co-workers and overall environment
Cons
Annual management changes
Good
Volunteer activities and coordination (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNAugust 4, 2016
Good working environment. Small close-knit group of employees. Minimal hours. Decent management and business plan.
I not fun anything
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILAugust 3, 2016
Because I was busy work much more than fun anything. I not like fun anything. My favorite busy work better than fun with people for etc.
Pros
I not eat for lunch break.
Cons
I not feel hurt thing
I enjoyed working for this historic church.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 18, 2016
First Presbyterian was an interesting place to work. The jobs for me were diverse. The staff worked well together and it felt rewarding to work in this environment.
Pros
Interesting and satisfying employment.
Cons
I moved from the area.
Calm environment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 14, 2016
My job is the receptionist temporarily and I love to work here. I love seeing the members come in and making there day with a smile. They are very sweet and and welcoming to everyone. I love how professional the environment is as well. I am very thankful to have had this as a job experience.
Pros
Great staff, and loving and caring people.
Cons
Far drive to work.
Spiritually supportive environment
Parish Associate (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 8, 2016
FPC is a thriving church community with service, compassion, and fun woven into its fabric of worship, teaching, education, and congregational support.
Warm and welcoming enviroment
Sound Engineer (Current Employee) –  Clarion, PAJune 24, 2016
My normal day begins with unlocking the Church building and setting up for the Sunday morning activities. I then proceed to check the sidewalks for any trash and/or garbage as well as for snow during winter months. After the sidewalk, I begin to prepare the sound system for the morning services. Following the services and any meetings I secures the building. Very nice place to work. They people are very nice and helpful. the Staff are very smart and knowledgeable. The most difficult part of the job is keeping the sidewalks clear from snow and ice during the service.
Productive and fun place to work
Administration/Director of Outreach Program (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARJune 3, 2016
I have learned better organizational skills which help me focus. A lot of volunteer work has gotten me out of myself. They were impressed at my review and decided to bring me on full time... We have been very active in the church which has helped our family greatly.
Fun workplace
Child Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 1, 2016
I only work here on Sunday mornings. Every Sunday, I have the pleasure of working with 3 yr olds from teaching them a bible lesson to play on the playground with them. The hardest part of the job is when a child has to move away or gets to old to be in my class. My favorite part of the job is getting to watch the kids grow and work with their families through the years they are there.
Enjoyable and Friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMay 28, 2016
This was an enjoyable job that i got to work with many different people. I assisted with developmentally and physically challenged adults.
Nice people
Church Administrator (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAMay 25, 2016
This was a nice place to work, but not much pay. Working at a church, you not only deal with the pastors, but you have to answer to all the members for the congregation. And this church is extremely political and outspoken.
Pros
deal with many people
Cons
the pay
Great experience using cameras
Camera Man & Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 2, 2016
I would turn on the Tricaster, sound, lights and computer.
Made sure that everything worked.
I learned a lot about framing the shot and when to cut to a close up.
I also learned how to use the tricaster to manipulate shots by getting extreme close ups.
My co workers were fun to work with because I was able to learn from their experiences and try to find shots that they would not have found.
For me the hardest part was leaving. I had so much fun with the cameras that once I left everyone at my church knew that they should have paid me to be their full time camera man. And, every time I come to visit everyone asks me if I am running the cameras.
I had the most fun making the praise team look like a real band by making every song they sing and old MTV music video.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Volunteer the whole time I was there
Top notch music and ministry
Bass Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 5, 2016
I've been the section leader at First Pres for 8 years, and the music and people there have been incredibly supportive and nurturing.
Productive and Fun
A1 Audio Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
My work at First Presbyterian was truly rewarding for me. I was their A1 Audio Engineer until I moved from Houston to Austin. I enjoyed running sound at the church. Nice and wholesome environment to work in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Presbyterian Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4