First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church Employer Reviews

Brought out the inner child
Youth Director of Education (Former Employee), Grimes, IAAugust 25, 2013
Pros: fun, entertaining, growth
Cons: na
I had the enjoyment of bringing youth of all ages a great gift of ministry thus seeing them grow, become challenged, and renewed made the job always worth it.
Great experience-had many opportunties for service and growth
Pastor (Former Employee), Madison, SDAugust 9, 2013
Pros: many opportunties for service
Cons: (very) harsh winters!!
Was given a lot of opportunities to grow, share and serve. Lead worship, preach and administer the sacraments. Did many home, hospital, and nursing home visits. Grateful to the Presbytery of South Dakota for all the opportunties that they gave me. Tried to start a campus ministry at Dakota State University
I throughly enjoyed my position with First Presbyterian Church and made many life friends. I enjoyed the interaction with people on a daily basis.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Morrison, ILAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great work schedule.
Cons: no health insurance or benefits
Each day brought about different activities/work for me to do which always made it exciting. I learned alot about how the church functions and was able to work with three wonderful Pastors during my time there. The most difficult task there was most people did not understand how important organization was and that they needed to work together to get – more... good results. I would say that the most enjoyable part of my job was the friendships I made and the people I came across on a daily basis. – less
Nice place to work
Jr. High Ministry Intern (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: great relationships with great people.
Cons: not very well paid.
I would plan a weekly pool party and lesson for the students. I also planned monthly events for the boys and girls to attend. I attend camp as a counselor for the girls.
Productive Work Place
Sous Chef/Chef in Training (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 28, 2013
While at First Presbyterian Church, I was able to learn everything my Chef was able to teach me. He was about to retire and wanted to pass along everything he knew to his protégé, which was me. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things and being able to show off my expertise where Chef had taught me.
Secretarial work for the pastor
Secretary (Former Employee), Brazoria, TXJuly 23, 2013
Everyone helped each other out. Learned different techniques for the computer.
I love working at FPCD it was an amazing job. This was one of those jobs that made me a better person.
Custodian (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 13, 2013
My job was amazing and I can only hope when I find a new job that the people are as amazing as they were.
Peaceful Place To Work
Secretary (Former Employee), McGehee, ARJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part-time
Worked 9 am to 12 pm Monday thru Friday. I learned a lot about the Presbyterian beliefs that I did not know before working there. Mostly worked by myself with occasional visits from supervisor and church members. It was an easy job and I enjoyed it very much.
great people go there
Nursery attendant and custodian (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMJune 14, 2013
Pros: easy to work there
Cons: not a high payscale
The church is a very nice place to work in. i just care for the young children in the church. I also clean the church.
always busy
Youth Director (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 31, 2013
Pros: lots of support from people in the chruch
Cons: very long work weeks where i would not see my family.
This job was rewarding at times and also very draining. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to develop the relationships with the youth and also the adults that i worked with both in the office and the parents, and volunteers. The hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours 7 days a week and never knowing when i was going to get a – more... call at 2 am. I learned that i need to spend more quality time with my family and that a team often works better than going alone. Much of my time in the office was on research, making phone calls, answering messages, setting up the next event, and counselling both youth and parents. – less
Very good place to work
Daycare aide (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 29, 2013
Boss (pastor) very friendly, cheery. Job was simple--babysit children in nursery/daycare.
N/A
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMay 24, 2013
Play with children,supervise, provide snacks.

Every other Sunday 7am-noon
Awsome place of worship!
Pre-K & Infant Room Nursery Attendant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 15, 2013
Pros: love given here
Amazing group of people, simply amazing!!! Very helpful, loving, accepting church, Pastor and staff!
Wonderful people to work with in a relaxing environment
Website Design Consultant (Former Employee), Newton, NCMay 14, 2013
It was only w temporary position to build a new website but it was a wonderful time and I learned quite a bit myself. I learned new ways to build a website and I had a great time doing it. I worked on a committee of which I was the head and it was fun to hear ideas from other people. I also trained the church secretary to keep the website up to date.
Church Nursery
Nursery Attendant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 13, 2013
The families are great and children usually well behaved. Children Minisities director has changed since
FPC
Office Assistant/Daycare Instructor (Former Employee), McAlester, OKMay 13, 2013
Pros: good work environment
I enjoyed working in the office, as well as with the kids. It was a wonder bunch of people. Still is.
Wonderful work environment and work/life balance.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDApril 4, 2013
This is a beautiful church and wonderful place to work. Staff and members are great to work with and for.
Secretarial
Secretary (Current Employee), Herrin, ILMarch 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
Wonderful position. I mostly worked alone at the church. I still enjoyed the position. I am not the secretary there now unfortunately, but am working on Sunday as a baby sitter, teachers assistant. I have met alot of friendly people there.
Not challenging enough
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: met long lasting friends
Cons: not very challenging
Answered phones and sent out mailing. Helped set up meetings. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the homeless ringing the bell, makes you realize how fortunate you really are. Met some very influential people in Lexington.
Working for the church has givien me the opprotunity to become a caring individual, team player andable to teach all ages of children.
Teacher (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I have had the chance work in several areas of the church. Nursery, childcare, Sunday School teacher, and Mothers Day Out teacher.

First Presbyterian Church Photos