First Presbyterian Church

First Presbyterian Church Employer Reviews

Peaceful Place To Work
Secretary (Former Employee), McGehee, ARJuly 10, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: part-time
Worked 9 am to 12 pm Monday thru Friday. I learned a lot about the Presbyterian beliefs that I did not know before working there. Mostly worked by myself with occasional visits from supervisor and church members. It was an easy job and I enjoyed it very much.
great people go there
Nursery attendant and custodian (Current Employee), Hobbs, NMJune 14, 2013
Pros: easy to work there
Cons: not a high payscale
The church is a very nice place to work in. i just care for the young children in the church. I also clean the church.
always busy
Youth Director (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 31, 2013
Pros: lots of support from people in the chruch
Cons: very long work weeks where i would not see my family.
This job was rewarding at times and also very draining. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to develop the relationships with the youth and also the adults that i worked with both in the office and the parents, and volunteers. The hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours 7 days a week and never knowing when i was going to get a – more... call at 2 am. I learned that i need to spend more quality time with my family and that a team often works better than going alone. Much of my time in the office was on research, making phone calls, answering messages, setting up the next event, and counselling both youth and parents. – less
Very good place to work
Daycare aide (Current Employee), Joplin, MOMay 29, 2013
Boss (pastor) very friendly, cheery. Job was simple--babysit children in nursery/daycare.
N/A
Nursery Assistant (Current Employee), La Crosse, WIMay 24, 2013
Play with children,supervise, provide snacks.

Every other Sunday 7am-noon
Awsome place of worship!
Pre-K & Infant Room Nursery Attendant (Former Employee), Burlington, NCMay 15, 2013
Pros: love given here
Amazing group of people, simply amazing!!! Very helpful, loving, accepting church, Pastor and staff!
Wonderful people to work with in a relaxing environment
Website Design Consultant (Former Employee), Newton, NCMay 14, 2013
It was only w temporary position to build a new website but it was a wonderful time and I learned quite a bit myself. I learned new ways to build a website and I had a great time doing it. I worked on a committee of which I was the head and it was fun to hear ideas from other people. I also trained the church secretary to keep the website up to date.
Church Nursery
Nursery Attendant (Former Employee), Manhattan, KSMay 13, 2013
The families are great and children usually well behaved. Children Minisities director has changed since
FPC
Office Assistant/Daycare Instructor (Former Employee), McAlester, OKMay 13, 2013
Pros: good work environment
I enjoyed working in the office, as well as with the kids. It was a wonder bunch of people. Still is.
Wonderful work environment and work/life balance.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDApril 4, 2013
This is a beautiful church and wonderful place to work. Staff and members are great to work with and for.
Secretarial
Secretary (Current Employee), Herrin, ILMarch 29, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: no benefits
Wonderful position. I mostly worked alone at the church. I still enjoyed the position. I am not the secretary there now unfortunately, but am working on Sunday as a baby sitter, teachers assistant. I have met alot of friendly people there.
Not challenging enough
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: met long lasting friends
Cons: not very challenging
Answered phones and sent out mailing. Helped set up meetings. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the homeless ringing the bell, makes you realize how fortunate you really are. Met some very influential people in Lexington.
Working for the church has givien me the opprotunity to become a caring individual, team player andable to teach all ages of children.
Teacher (Current Employee), Kingwood, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
I have had the chance work in several areas of the church. Nursery, childcare, Sunday School teacher, and Mothers Day Out teacher.
A really great place to work!
Front Desk Secretary (Former Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 5, 2013
I managed the church office. I typed a weekly worship bulletin and monthly newsletter. Ordered supplies and ground upkeep. Assisted members with small tasks. Great staff and members to work with. A heavenly working environment.
Very productive church, wonderful atmosphere to work around.
Custodian (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2012
Typical day at work was pretty busy. My co- workers were the best anyone can have, they taught me so much and overall were just fun to be around we always worked as a team.
Very productive church, wonderful atmosphere to work around.
Custodian (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2012
Enjoyable company to work for
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Rockford, ILDecember 2, 2012
I enjoyed working for the church. But, due to low attendance and contributions the church made cuts to the staff. They will be closing the doors to the church at the beginning at 2013. The church has been in Rockford for 150 years. Working for the church you had to be considerate of members needs and concerns while keeping things private. The only draw – more... back that I can say of this job was the funerals. You become close to the congregation and when one of the dies, the whole church morns. – less
I love working with the kids in my class.
Daycare (Former Employee), Starkville, MSNovember 26, 2012
My class was a 3 year old class. They were very enjoyable and always wanted to learn more. My co-workers were fun to work with also.
INTERN (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 25, 2012
Pros: free lunches, free field trips, great people everywhere, long breaks.
Cons: wages
I worked for a wonderful manager, learned how enjoyable work can be based on the people you work with and the choices you make.

Management was great, my co-workers were great, and I miss working there.

The hardest part of this job was having to leave it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with kids, co-workers, and being in such – more... a wonderful environment. – less
Experienced leadership, with many skills for growth of congregation.
Sr. Pastor (Former Employee), Watertown, NYOctober 16, 2012
Leaders brought skills form personal and professional lives, enabling them to make decisoins and follow through with goals. Lively worship.

First Presbyterian Church Photos