First Republic Bank Employee Reviews

Old School
Loan Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Benefits are great, but this company is stuck in the stone age. Programs and systems are very out dated and everyone is overworked. I enjoy working with my co-workers, but we need to hire more people so we can have a proper work life balance and better work quality. The sales people bring in alot of money for the bank so they run the show. Most sales people are prima donnas and there are very few rules that they work with.

I have worked at several banks and this is the first bank were I feel like there are barely any policies and procedures. They need to incorporate a flex schedule or work from home options.
Pros
great benefits, inexpensive cafeteria
Cons
no work life balance, no option to work from home.
Well mannered environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed working working here. Everyone that you encountered was pleasant and willing and able to offer help when needed.
Pros
Eagle cafe
Cons
Doesn't have any
Fast paced, high growth
Preferred Banker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 2, 2016
Great opportunities to make a lot, great compensation. Leadership can be a bit difficult and sales pushing. The space to move up seems only dependent on your production.
Awesome place to work
Review Operating Agreement
Fund bank account
Review Trust Agreement
Wish Loans
Pros
great people, place, and money
Cons
they could re-model
Wonderful Job
Legal Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 15, 2016
First Republic Bank was my first real job since earning the paralegal certificate. I hit a home run with FRB landing my dream job. Wonderful job in the Office of General Counsel. Wonderful co-workers. Wonderful culture. Wonderful work/life balance. Awesome FRB employee referral program.
Pros
Culture, Remuneration, Work/Life balance
Cons
Too few Legal Jobs
Secure job but not much fun
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAAugust 19, 2016
If you need a good-paying job and don't mind sitting at a desk all day, this job is just fine. The company, however, asks for stressful scheduling and undervalues most employees.
Pros
Great food, good pay
Cons
Terrible hours, poor management
An advance bank
Senior Wire Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2016
First Republic isn't a bank. Its more like a company that treats you like family. You are not a account number, but a face. Impressively, the banker know not only you, but you family, your dog, and your hobbies.
Great Company
Client Experience Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2016
Amazing company ethics, and such a great café. The food was awesome and an amazing price! Management of my particular team didn't really hold people accountable for the job they were doing. Many things flew by the manager. I would definitely recommend this as a place to get a great start for your career.
food prep
Salad Preparer Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2016
A typical day at work was preparing lunch for the customers. I learned how to make different foods many ways. The co-workers was very helpful and friendly.
Dull and boring workplace
Residential Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 8, 2016
Management under pays and expects excellent work from each individual. Broken Promises and bad work life balance. They hire contract workers to do all the work with little pay and tell you they will hire you on as permanent but never get to it. They have a hiring freeze every other month which causes implications with employment. Too much work and not enough help.
Fun Place to work. Great place to start a career
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2016
Lot of opportunities to learn and grow.

Management is not easily accessible.

More work pressure.

Amazing colleagues.
Great working Environment
MDM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 4, 2016
Great work culture and Good work life balance.
First Republic banks keeps up with newer technologies.
Awesome subsidized food cafeteria.
Excellent Place to work
Senior Private Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2015
Fun work environment with supportive managers. Not all about the numbers rather they focus on how you develop and grow within the company. Colleagues are all educated and fun to work with. It's a very small company where everyone knows one another which gives it's great personal touch.
Pros
Fun Company!
Cons
Locations are spread apart very far
Productive work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2015
Friendly co-workers and good work/life balance. Good management team; listen to your suggestions to make work more efficient.
Fun workplace
Business Banking - Commercial Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 2, 2015
Super fun place to work with. Everyone always do 110% to achieve whatever is best for the clients which retain high customer satisfaction.
District Banker
Preferred District Banker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 3, 2015
I worked for FRB 6 + years. Terrible management, It is quite disappointing. I love the culture and customer service FRB is carrying however I will never work for them anymore!
Nice place to learn and work
QlikView Developer (Former Employee) –  SFO, CAJuly 1, 2015
They have a great executive management team, the office environment was very high end.Be yourself. Have a conservation with the interviewer and a questions and answers meeting.
Pros
Company is growing so does the employees.
Cons
At times it feels a bit overwhelming and stressful
work is overloaded
Client Services Associate (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 17, 2015
i love my job duties but overwhelmed with emails and other duties. one person can't finish all the work. I can never get out the building on time. No social life with co workers.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short lunch break, too much over time
Plush offices and comfortable place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Century City, CAApril 26, 2015
Employees were friendly, environment was not pushy, while working here I got the chance to be one of the first to work on their new in-house customer data system called FlightPath
Good company to work for. It has changed during the past 4 years. Not all offices are the same.
Senior Private Banker (Former Employee) –  Newport BeachApril 7, 2015
Working at FRB is like being a bird in a golden cage.Great place to work if you want to stay at one location and do the same day after day and not move up.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Newport Beach Office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Republic Bank. Our community is ready to answer.