First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank Employer Reviews

Overall rating is better than average
Wire Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Job work / life balance is better than average
Compensation and benefits is better than average
Job security and advancement is better than average
Management is better than average
Job culture is better than average
NY Client Services
Private Banking Client Services (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: cafe in house, small bank, willingness to reimburse you for certifications and continued education
Cons: long hours, poor work life balance, hard to get days off, no proper training for the position, unhelpful management
Client Services in New York is a revolving door. A typical day is filled with constant issues needing to be resolved (very often not of your own doing). Employees are constantly changing due to the poor training offered by the bank and the general lack of coaching by Management. The hours are extremely long (a recent change this year thanks to our CS VP). Sometimes you will be there from 7am and not leave till about 7 in the evening without having taken lunch. Also the procedures aren't clear, you may hear one way to completed a transaction for a certain manager and hear a completely different way from another member of management.

The only good things I can say about Client Services is that you learn a lot from (ironically) having to do everything in the bank. Also, the employees for the most part are fantastic people. The bank is not extremely large so you will learn the names of a majority of your colleagues and see their faces from time to time. Those few things are about the only silver linings I can find with Client Services in NY.
Fast growing bank with entrepreneurial culture
COMPLIANCE MONITORING MANAGER (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 3, 2014
Company prides itself on being innovate and forward-looking.
great co-workers
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
overall, I met a lot of amazing people within my group, it is unfortunate, however, the lack of advancement my management team was willing to offer. the company as whole is great. client service, under new management, would be the perfect place to work.
Productive and fun place to work
Preferred Banker (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
The management team was awesome and my co-workers were team players
The company was a growing company.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: cafe located on site for employees
Cons: there was not a lot of room in ap department for advancement.
The department was an organized department and the workers worked as a team to get the job completed.
Great company
Client Service Associate (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 7, 2014
I loved the culture and the company itself. Great place to work for.
very stressful but never a dull moment
Client Service Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
my coworkers are the best, we make the best out of the day. FRB is a very good company to work for
First Republic
Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee), Walnut Creek, caSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: location
Cons: don't like the overall culture. too snotty.
Its OK here. They let me go but gave me a nice severance. People there work a lot of hours and don't take lunches.
Not a a Great company to work
QA Lead (Current Employee), san franciscoSeptember 12, 2014
No much of learning opportunities in the company.
However the work life balance in the company is good.
Great work experience with the Las Vegas Office.
Residential Loan Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches and food for every celebration.
Great place to work. Worked here temporarily on assignment.
Growing too fast for its own good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), La Jolla, CAAugust 26, 2014
Great Customers and Clients come to the office everyday and you can gain great relationships with them. We treat them like family, too bad the company doesn't feel the same about its employees.
Productive and challenging environment that provides opportunity.
Preferred Banking Client Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2014
Pros: company owned cafeteria. great benefits
First Republic Bank is no walk-in-the-park, but its challenges bring about a newer you. The environment teaches you the reality of banking and how to work not only with your peers, but as well as with clients face to face on a daily basis.

A typical day at FRB consist of clients walking in, calling, e-mailing, as well as faxing bankers with their banking requests. Preferred banking is not the same environment as retail banking, but it does still offer the same opportunities when profiling clients and their needs.

The hardest part of the job is when my day is slow; if it's a slow day, it's not a regular day. I enjoy FRB. The clients are friendly and the team is always very helpful.
- great
Senior Associate- Private Wealth Management (Former Employee), san franciscoAugust 24, 2014
- great to work for, great company, awesome people
…..
…….
……….
…………
…………….
………………….
……………………...
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 18, 2014
Everyone is really friendly, and very helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients, they could be really needy. I learned a lot about different
Wonderful financial institution to work for where you can truly build upon your skills
Preferred Banking Client Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Although I have not been with this financial institution very long, is has so far been a very pleasurable working experience. There is much to be learned as our group services all Private Bankers and their Private Wealth Clients in the New York area (the bank itself is based out of San Francisco, CA but now has multiple locations throughout the US including Boston and Greenwich). It is a fast-paced and heavy-workload volume each day but there is a great amount of satisfaction in servicing our clients' administrative and operational needs. The most enjoyable part of the job comes through client and banker interactions where I am able to learn new aspects of the Wealth Management business on a daily basis. The hardest part of the job is that there is no room for error especially pertaining to all wire transfers, in an already busy and stressful environment. However the key is to remain focused, and practice a balance of speed and efficiency to see that all tasks and transactions are completed correctly and in a timely manner.
FRB Review
Senior Associate, Private Wealth Management (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 21, 2014
Great culture and place to grow. Company is growing very fast so more long term opportunities should be available.
Great Place to Work
Senior HR Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 5, 2014
A great place to work. The company provides plenty of opportunity to develop.
review
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), San Ramon, CAMay 3, 2014
great bonuses and great benefits.
management was not helpful with employee growth
Great place to work.
Preferred Banking Client Service Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2014
It was a great experience. You work with all the different departments to solve different problems for the client.

About First Republic Bank

First Republic Bank offers private banking, wealth management, trust, and brokerage services for businesses and high-net-worth – Read more