First Security Bank, Inc. Employee Reviews

Want the best for the less
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 20, 2017
This place with offer you all the things you think you want in a career. Advancement, training, recognition, and more. The sad part is they will not fulfill. starting at FSB I received zero training. It was a jump in and do it or figure it out situation. I learned a lot of different things I had not working previously in the loan servicing field but I learned these things by trial and error.

The atmosphere got worse toward the end of it. Not one person was happy in my department. We had a couple of different managers and would be told to work in completely different ways. Nothing is a set way.

They will lie to you to get what they want from you and then leave you with nothing. Just not what they promised to be and very disappointing.
Pros
experience
Cons
bad management
Great company with endless opportunities
Banking Center Manager- Deposit Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 12, 2017
I have been with First Security Bank for 2+ years. I came from a large company where employee opinions and suggestions didn't matter. With First Security being a community bank, I have had so much more opportunity to give opinions and suggestions that actually are listened to and followed through. I have taken opportunities for advancement and been compensated appropriately. Senior management has changed recently but all for the better. They take time to know each employee and help them reach their goal both personally and professionally. Recently I was having trouble with work/life balance- they worked to create a new position that worked with my schedule. Not many companies would do that for their employees!
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, bank hours, open and friendly management
Lack of Management and Leadership within the Banking Center
Retail (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 22, 2017
Poor management. Lack of leadership. Lack of training. Poor communication within upper management. Would not hire enough staff, therefore several hats were being worn by 1 person. Employees not held accountable
Good short term
Loan Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 25, 2017
I worked at FSB for about two years and met some great people and gained some valuable experience. However, management is horrible, employees are not given a chance to succeed and pay is average at best. This is a good job for someone looking to gain some experience and move on to something else, but don't be fooled into thinking you have a future here. I came from a bigger bank and liked the change of pace at first, but the lack of training, basic tools for success and opportunity for advancement pushed me out as soon as I finished my Bachelors degree and found something better. The turnover rate is astonishing and in year and a half I was there, they went through two team leaders, one supervisor and two managers in my department alone. Not to mention all the other departmental turnover.

Also please note that at the time of this review, FSB only has branches and operation centers in a few KY and IN markets. All other reviews from different states such as AR and CO are different a "First Security Bank" and not affiliated with First Security Bank, Inc based in Owensboro, KY.
Pros
Worked around my school schedule and allowed me to complete my degree
Cons
Weak management, high turnover, no opportunity for advancement
I am afraid that they will wind up where they were when I came in.
Loan Operations techniciaan (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 8, 2017
This job was perfect for my lifestyle. I made a difference in every phase I was asked to participate in. I was sorry that management was not convinced of my worth or the other 17 employees they let go that day. I wanted to help make that institution a greater success.
Pros
I learned alot of different skills while I was there.
Cons
I was not given a chance to apply for something else.
company ready to grow
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMay 17, 2017
This company is great to work for. If you want to own your development and career, this place will allow you to and the sky can be the limit. The company has been through some change, but like most successful companies, they had to change to stay ahead of the competition. Left a "large bank" to come here and it was a great decision.
Great work family
Mortgage Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 16, 2017
Evansville region of this bank is fantastic!! I've never worked with a better team! I miss the people I worked with there to this day. It's a very easy going atmosphere. Everyone is willing to pitch in and help and will always do what they can to help you understand their policies and procedures.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Too many problems and mistakes from operations
Terrible place for employees as well as for customers
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 27, 2017
This place is ridiculous. The worst company I have ever worked for. Senior management has no idea what is going on and are just letting people go because they want the company to make more money. There is no room for error. I do not recommend any one to work here or to bank here.
Do Not Be Fooled
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 12, 2017
This bank is going through some major changes and not all for the good. Positions are being eliminated by the discretion of a few people in Owensboro. Constant poor customer service. Minimum training. There is no room for error. The products are updated with no marketing to speak of. The employees are the best at what they do but they are not given the opportunities for advancement. Last stat i saw was that over 65% of the current workforce have been on board less than a year. I have personally seen 55% turnover in my area. Job stability is non-existent.
Pros
Cons
employee empowerment, poor direction, excessive turnover
Best job ever
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  BoiseAugust 5, 2016
Management was great. Rewards and recognition were awesome. Felt like a family. Training was superb. I would still work there if they had not sold out to Wells Fargo.
Comfortable; Well rounded, close working enviroment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Mayflower, ARAugust 25, 2015
Nice comfortable place to work its a small bank and not many people work there we have a total of five employees and everyone is close we can have fun with each other and we know each other well. customers we have are regulars so we know our customers well and some on a personal level. the work environment is very welcoming you learn and develop different things while working. Placement in the job is heavy takes a while to move up but the wait is worth it
Pros
free lunches employee appreciation days, jean days, causal dress, benefits
Cons
part time benefits