First Service Credit Union

First Service Credit Union Employee Reviews

Was very excited when I started..
VP Business Development & Marketing (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: was a solid offer - increase in pay and a vp title i enjoyed
Cons: couuldn't achieve a balance of outside and inside view of the brand
I was lured away from the previous job with offers of a VP title and much higher salary. They said they wanted my expertise in two main areas: 1) to change their charter to expand their operational boundaries and 2) to change their name and brand. Both I had very successfully achieved at PrimeWay.

Once hired, things went smooth initially. And while I didn't completely feel the way things went were necessarily in the best interest of the credit union, I managed to still achieve the initial goals. After the goals were achieved, things went downhill. I continued to try to change the "inside culture" of the credit union (mainly customer service and product offerings) to match the brand they said they wanted... that they had me create on paper in our marketing plan. I had many successes at the branch level, however, upper management resisted and everything fell apart.
Enjoyed working for FSCU
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
FSCU is a good company to work for and I enjoyed my time there.
Excellent work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: open door policy
Cons: long distance from my home
lots of opportunity to grow
opportunity to learn
opportunity to participate
co-workers were the best
management team very supportive
long distance to work and home
Good Organization to work for but too many changes in the organization.
Branch Manager - Brookshire & Gulf Fwy (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Pros: 401k benefits
Cons: no structure in overall management!
All the employees work together to help one another but struggle with mid-management due to no communication between departments or branches.

Mid-management would not provide feedback on areas that needed to improve in the departments. The organization rather grow bigger and step on others without growing organically.
fast paced and demanding
Member Service Representative/Collection Agent (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2013
Pros: co workers
Cons: work environment
This employment required speed and accuracy. The hardest part of this job was dealing with unruly customers and management. During a normal day I performed various personal banker duties while trying to cross sell financial accounts.
FSCU
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2012
Typical small credit union. Advancement is slow, management has very little turnover, in-line staff leaves frequently.
Productive and fun - caring environment
Loan Clerk (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2012
Always staying busy and learning new things that I have never done before. Co workers very welcoming and caring.
Good company to work for but very little room to move up.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), HoustonNovember 30, 2011
Good company to work for but very little room to move up but a great place to work.