First Service Credit Union Employee Reviews

Comparison to Peers
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 18, 2016
Compared to other jobs I've had this one is great. I think that people think that work somewhere is going to be like going to a party or the beach and that's unrealistic. Work is work and here it is not bad at all. The compensation is fair, there is an opportunity to build relationships with your coworkers through frequent events, and there is the chance of advancement if you work hard. All in all this is a great place to work.
Pros
Accessible management, good benefits, frequent work parties.
Cons
Relatively small company (150 employees or so) so some resources aren't available.
HR Coordinator/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2016
This credit union provides work life balance, good pay and benefits and a great culture. The management & leadership teams understand financial services and their membership.
Was there for several years and enjoyed for the most part my co-workers and my immediate supervisor.
Central Lending Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 18, 2015
For the most part I enjoyed my several years at First Service Credit Union. I met and worked with several hard working professionals whom I am still friends with to this day.
Good Organization to work for but too many changes in the organization.
Branch Manager - Brookshire & Gulf Fwy (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
All the employees work together to help one another but struggle with mid-management due to no communication between departments or branches.

Mid-management would not provide feedback on areas that needed to improve in the departments. The organization rather grow bigger and step on others without growing organically.
Pros
401K benefits
Cons
No structure in overall management!
fast paced and demanding
Member Service Representative/Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 27, 2013
This employment required speed and accuracy. The hardest part of this job was dealing with unruly customers and management. During a normal day I performed various personal banker duties while trying to cross sell financial accounts.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
work environment
Excellent work environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
lots of opportunity to grow
opportunity to learn
opportunity to participate
co-workers were the best
management team very supportive
long distance to work and home
Pros
open door policy
Cons
long distance from my home
Was very excited when I started..
VP Business Development & Marketing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2014
I was lured away from the previous job with offers of a VP title and much higher salary. They said they wanted my expertise in two main areas: 1) to change their charter to expand their operational boundaries and 2) to change their name and brand. Both I had very successfully achieved at PrimeWay.

Once hired, things went smooth initially. And while I didn't completely feel the way things went were necessarily in the best interest of the credit union, I managed to still achieve the initial goals. After the goals were achieved, things went downhill. I continued to try to change the "inside culture" of the credit union (mainly customer service and product offerings) to match the brand they said they wanted... that they had me create on paper in our marketing plan. I had many successes at the branch level, however, upper management resisted and everything fell apart.
Pros
Was a solid offer - increase in pay and a VP title I enjoyed
Cons
Couuldn't achieve a balance of outside and inside view of the brand
Fscu
Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2012
Typical small credit union. Advancement is slow, management has very little turnover, in-line staff leaves frequently.
Productive and fun - caring environment
Loan Clerk (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2012
Always staying busy and learning new things that I have never done before. Co workers very welcoming and caring.
Good company to work for but very little room to move up.
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 30, 2011
Good company to work for but very little room to move up but a great place to work.
Enjoyed working for FSCU
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2014
FSCU is a good company to work for and I enjoyed my time there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Service Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9