First Service Networks Employee Reviews

Stable Job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 8, 2017
My experience was great at first, but as the years continued management began to show obvious favoritism which made the work environment change dramatically. Over all my work experience was good.
Pros
Great location ok work environment
Cons
Management`1
Vixion
Sr. Manager of Technical Support Services (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 4, 2017
Terrible CEO thinks of only himself, not about employees. not about employee. Failed to listen to anyone on the ground level, not friendly at all , overwieght
Pros
Cons
Teriable leadership
Orignal manager fantastic
JDE Support specialist (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDJune 23, 2017
On a contract to support FSN, I had a manger after he left everything went downhill.

The new director didn't listen to technical facts, his way was the only way even if it was wrong.
Pros
Great people
Cons
NO room for other facts or opinions
Compliance Coordinator/ Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 25, 2017
Great people to work with. Have learned a lot and improved my skills. Have improved my interpersonal, finance and accounting skills. the benefit is good as well
Fast passed call center, fun, and productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILFebruary 3, 2017
The management was horrible you had about 8 managers on a daily bases. The DO was horrible, and if the team leads liked you then they liked you if not you were a target to them. It was fun and the team worked together to get the job done at the end of the day. There were no movement and all lies. This place is horrible to work for the pay was low, and the medical benefits were half of your check. Will not recommend this place to no one.
Pros
free food sometimes, good friends
Cons
the whole job
Dispatch Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Extremely busy volume, minimal pay for required work load, very poor benefits packages, work environment was extremely hectic and implemented frequent changes, making it difficult to adapt.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 4, 2017
Great job. This job is very low management/ high accountability. If you keep your head down and do your job you will do fine. Multitasking skills a must.
People and The Workplace
Senior Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 2, 2017
In IPT/FM Facility Maintenance/First Service Networks/Vixxo or whatever they are calling themselves these days, you love the people, the job, and dislike upper management.

The jobs are harder as you progress just like any company, you must have a base knowledge of how they run work tickets to hold any level within the Customer Care Center. They typically hire people from the outside into roles that they cannot manage, while pushing down and pigeon holing people that have worked there for years.

The hardest part was the lay-offs, never knowing if you will be next due to offices being made smaller and upper management saying one thing during quarterly company meetings and doing another.

The most enjoyable was training people, watching them grow, and being a mentor to many as they moved around the company and made changes.
Start up company
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 13, 2016
There was a great learning experience from this position. I was able to support executive staff, there was little to no potential for career growth within the company, but I still appreciated the experience that I took from it.
Challenging
Customer Service Team Lead/Fuel Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
This is not the place for a work life balance. Other than that the pay and benefits aren't too bad. Usually the coworkers make up for the lack of appreciation.
Pros
Free lunches, good pay
Cons
no work life ballance
Do not work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2016
No upward mobility for mid to senior level management, poor benefits package, disconnected executive team, no culture or sense of company loyalty. Low pay. Company is not open to new or alternate ways of doing business. Hire strong talent, however do not utilize any or listen to suggested improvements for operations, etc.
Pros
Free Soda, Coffee, and Slurpees
Cons
No opportunity for advancement and no respect for innovative thinkers
Productive Work Envirnoment
Service Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 29, 2016
Each day is a different day. Each day is busy and productive. Working with our service centers and direct technicians is the best part of my day.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Drive time to work.
Coffee Technician- During training, great; afterwards, good luck on your new choice
Coffee Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 18, 2016
Actually, you'll be happy to land this job if you're out of work. Just know now, once you get settled in the territory you were hired for, there is a good chance you may not feel so happy to work for these people. Many of the negative comments posted here, are somewhat true. Management does not seem to be there to support their teammates, you, the technician going from site to site, and making SLA's and money for the company, will always push for more and more. Lunch breaks were never mentioned and even during training with trainers in the field, I had to ask for a lunch break every time, like as if, it was an inconvenience, not a right. Pay is good if your territory keeps you busy constantly, which then brings to light, how this job is insensitive to one's home-life. It is expected you put yourself out for 12hrs a day, but, will only receive pay for your time "onsite", only! Getting paid for administrative duties involved with the job, will be a hit and/or miss privilidge.
Pros
Great pay during training, great at disrespecting the employee
Cons
No structured break or lunchbreak. Overpowering management, with little positive strokes for good or great work
First Service Network
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 19, 2016
A Company that helps it's employees to complete Service Request for McDonald's all over the State. One-On-One Training from the Team Leads.
Pros
Employees Appreciation
Cons
30 Min Lunch
First Service Networks
Account/Vendor Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 16, 2016
This employer provides the opportunity to expand your vendor management skill set. The salary is above average, but once you factor in the hours worked, it is an average salary range. The work/home balance is poor and you must be available at all times. This is a good opportunity for an entry level employee with no family commitments that is just coming into the workforce to gain experience.
Company has high turn over, low morale and a ping pong table
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 6, 2016
Work 8 to 10 hours a day in a high stress job. Co-workers are worried about everybody else. No advancement. I found I can function in a high stress job.
Pros
Must take breaks and lunch
Cons
No advancement
no problum with traveling
QA Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2016
my day start with booking my travel and the sites that I need to audit
what did I learn how to deal with store managers
as for as management I had contact by phone once a month
I had no co-workers
being away from home 3 weeks out of a month
getting to see the country
Upward company but not real good at communication.
Quality Assurance Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 29, 2016
First Service Networks was good at ensuring their mark on a growing and diverse industry. Which, in itself, constitutes a type of job security. However, they are not good at communicating with their own employees. They talked at length about how important the professional well being of their workforce was to them but the never followed through on that talk. By way of example, I was downsized because the company determined my position constituted a conflict of interest with the client. They were right. However, they never thought to mention this to me or ask for my input as to how we might deal with this conflict. They never once discussed with me whether or not my 18+ years experience could be used elsewhere. I was just shown the door.
Pros
Good strong company with a healthy bottom line.
Cons
No consideration for the people who make them successful.
They follow the Golden Rule
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTJanuary 27, 2016
As an employee in good standing, I can tell you that this company will DO ANYTHING for a buck including bending the rules to promote friends and neglect (intentionally) to protect their employees.
I have seen too many excellent people let go because management will not follow BASIC HR Policies in the work place. Starbucks their big contract does nasty down right disgusting things to the FSN Techs and the techs are fired because FSN won't lift a finger.
So to anyone reading this - learn to be the best back stabber you can be and build your biased loyalties. Because not if, but when your days are numbered!!!!
It was fun while it lasted
Senior Staff Accountant-Contractual (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 16, 2015
It is pleasant to work for and fun if you are familiar and comfortable with the many diverse software they use for financial reporting.
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
too deadline oriented