First Service Networks Employee Reviews

Amazing Camaraderie Among Employees
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Employees, Responsibilities
Cons: Management
I loved this job. I loved almost everything about it. The actual work was fun and kept me extremely busy. My co-workers were amazing and were always willing to go above and beyond to help with anything. The one thing I would say needs some work is the management. The higher-ups have no idea what anybody in the company actually does unless they converse with them on an hourly basis. There wasn't much room for advancement and I constantly felt as though I were being suppressed by my immediate boss.
Fun working environment.
Customer Service Representative Level 2 (Current Employee), Norwalk, CAAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Flexibility on Schedule
Cons: Difficulty in getting answers from HR.
The daily aspect of our office is to dispatch contractors to service issues with our customers. We deal with various levels of service and various contractors. I enjoy the ability to deal with my customers and contractors on a personal level.
Fun Place to work.
L2 CSR (Former Employee), Hartford, CTAugust 5, 2015
Pros: great envoirnment
Cons: hours
First Service Networks is exciting and a fun place to work. I have been promoted a little after a year which I appreciate. I would highly recommend working here. I also met the President of the company who is a great person and role model.
Micro-managed / Brown nosers
Customer Service Lead II (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Everyone is a BOSS
Check Google reviews / FACT: Facility companies don't get paid and will decline calls.
CSRs are actually baby-sitters for the service company techs. Most folks are overpaid for what they do in the call centers. Great job to be overpaid, great benefits and if you like being reminded every 30 minutes what your job is...everyone steps on everyone else's Ques.
Productivity on a daily basis
CSR (Current Employee), meriden CTJuly 23, 2015
I receive and document various calls for an maintenance company. I work on a lot of excel project on a daily basis. I also attend various meetings to make sure customer accounts are updated.
n/a
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Euless, TXJuly 22, 2015
Enjoyed this job......met great love and caring people here. Supervisor on the other hand i just couldn't understand. His attitude was not so good to his team at times. But overall enjoyed my good and learned from other who cared.
Do not work at FSN RUN AWAY
independent contractor (Former Employee), Scottdale azJune 3, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: don't pay on time
Not a good company to work for. Contractors highly upset not getting paid for the job completed. Management always unavailable.
Never a dull moment
Customer Service Lead II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Lots of support
Love this job and folks I work with. Lots of different issues to deal / benefits are fabulous. Hours are great and location was neat and clean.
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDApril 4, 2015
Pros: Fun and Busy
Cons: Short Breaks
very nice group to work with. nice location, quiet setting. the work is pretty easy and steady there is never a dull moment at the service centers and I enjoy the team I worked with. everyone was very helpful.
Chaos and no direction
Team Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Easy to move up if you don't value work life balance.
Cons: 401k isn't matched health plan isn't great. Favortism is high.
Training is terrible and next to nothing you swim or sink. Management are not all on the same page because of this. There is very little structure for processes and procedures so its hard to train others and metrics are ever changing. Leadership is lacking site managers don't handle issues fairly or listen to your needs.
Come to your own decision
Midwest and MidAmerica Service Manager (Current Employee), IndianapolisFebruary 16, 2015
Investigate the past history that is being posted in community Blogs to come to your own decision on whether this is a good place to work.
Love my job & unrealistic expectations
Assistant Account Manager (Current Employee), Meriden, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: being able to take a break when needed, flexible hours and shifts.
Cons: insurance doesnt cover much and there is not much opportunity for growth. low professionalism
A typical day at work is generating 4 reports at 8am, then managing 9 accounts. This includes escalations from all regional managers within the 9 accounts as well as open work order reports for each manager, then generating and working on service center reports such as Quote received, quote submitted to customer, submitting quotes, and submitting invoices. What I have gained is experience in management where I have managed 4-6 agents, delegating assignments, coaching and training, as well as tasks of senior management. The unfortunate thing is that I am constantly working 13-16 hour shifts. There is no training method to the chaos, and literally, agents that start off with level 1 are thrown into the wolves. There are tenured reps who have been there for a long time and cannot adjust to change or take on a higher level of responsibility. Most of the co workers work really hard and dedicated. The hardest part of the job is being able to multitask that much work load in a day. The enjoyable part of the day is when I feel something gets accomplished, such as completing regional managers work order reports. Some management is great however majority of management and environment's level of professionalism and morale is extremely low.
Enjoyable group of people to work with.
Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Linthicum, MDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible hours.
Decent company to work for and very relaxed.
Independant work with very little supervision as well as team work and team projects.
Co-workers at all levels are very approachable.
Management is spread accross the US and this makes contact difficult at times, although not a hindrance to the job.
Company in transition
CSR (Current Employee), Meriden, CTAugust 5, 2014
Pros: lots of ot
Cons: minimal advancement
Its pretty up front about what it offers. If don't find the work stressful and get hours you like you can stay as long as like.
Blemish on my Resume
ASSISTANT FIELD MANAGER (Former Employee), Linthicum Heights, MDJune 24, 2014
Pros: monday through friday work balance
Cons: management, pay, internal programs
First Service Networks corporate office environment is similar to many other companies - a cubical farm. What makes this company a poor choice to work for is the lack of systems in place which define key business operations (e.g. client payment structure) and a COO who chooses to extend client payments an extra 2 or more weeks.

No real skills were taught throughout my experience, if anything a lot of the time you were spoken down-to as if you were unable to process simple business practices. Training was roughly a week and included small hands on experience with systems.

Management was unstructured and poorly ran. Simple need of business items did not exists: payment dates for clients or explaining to a client about the recent merger was frowned upon. Furthermore, other departments did not handle business properly and left clients dissatisfied - no ownership of issues and a lack of integrity.
Enjoyable work enviornment
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDJune 2, 2014
I was at First Service Networks for 4 years and it was a wonderful place to work. Learned a lot which help increase my technology knowledge. Would definitely work there again.
Micromanaged, bad leadership, not ethical
n/a (Former Employee), chicagoMay 8, 2014
Cons: the employees are seen as disposable
There is a lot of turnover in this company in management. Within two years, the company went through 18-20 dispatchers, and this was similar turnover for the service techs. The managers see you as disposable and lie and threaten you to get you to be productive. Even if you are a good employee and are highly productive, please be wary of working for them. When you start your employment with them, everything will be ok in the beginning. But, you will gradually see their un-moral behavior from management and HR. Even if you bring a grievance or concerns against the company the management or HR department will not do anything. They are very unprofessional and play favorites within their positions. Eventually you will get fired or harassed. This company is having problems in its HVAC department as well; it could soon be dissolved. In the HVAC side of the company you will be overworked and in some areas they will not pay you drive time. Please read fact sheet 22 on your rights as an employee. They screw the vendors at times without paying them. The company has the wrong concept as a national service provider and it is failing. The company is only surviving because of the business from its primary coffee vendor. You are required to take forced vacations to reduce your PTO so when you need to take it, it has been depleted. They do not match 401k. Managers will verbally abuse you, remember that. Also, there are some new and old statements from those who are, or were, employees and those in management position on here. They paint this company in a wonderful light. The new managers or employees have not been around long enough and will either quit, be fired or they will end up like the rest of the employees or managers are unethical, hostile and abusive.
Face paced, dynamic environment
Team Lead (Current Employee), Meriden CTFebruary 24, 2014
There is no typical day, anything change a moment notice depending on the customer needs.
Team Lead/Account Manager for Wolverine, Stride Rite and Baskin’s accounts.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Houston TXNovember 21, 2013
• Follow up to ensure work is complete on service request and complete work surveys in a timely manner.
• Report to management and client any issues, work progress.
• Manage account aging for payment status.
• Manage client costs through use of estimates and negotiating expenses.
• Connect with clients to understand their needs, expectations and requirements.
• Build rapport with service contractors to achieve customer expectations and minimize customer costs.
• Manage hourly updates to identify areas to focus on and meet service levels.
Still a Growing Company
South Central Field Manager - Texas (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZAugust 13, 2013
Pros: wide range of opportunities, great service partners, good people to work with
Cons: processes don't always keep up with growth and changing environment
With all great success comes bumps in the road. FSN has had its share of bumps but continues to grow and has a bright future.