First Solar, Inc. Employee Reviews

ok place to work
Senior Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  OhioJanuary 14, 2018
a good place to start up for entry level engineers. not much space for experienced or senior level. people are friendly. culture is open. but company business get impacted a lot by semi industru fluctuation.
Productive and fun working enviornment.
FSOC-CRO (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 11, 2018
Good company to work for with very competitive benefits. The company is sound and zero tolerance. I cant complain the job was good while it lasted. I learn a lot in the power transmissions field.
First Solar
Field Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 9, 2018
First Solar is a company from Colorado with multiple projects running simultaneously across the US. They have in depth knowledgeable management all the way up to the CEO level. I would recommend them to anyone.
Great company to work for
QA/QC (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Awesome managers
Great training
They keep you updated on all your certifications for free
They teach you things if you are unsure
Structured
Lunch was often bought
Great place to grow with great people.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 1, 2018
People frequently refer to this place a springboard for further opportunities. Most management is great and selected on their merits (little if any nepotism).
Pros
Great place to grow and compensation is generally fair
Cons
You need to be assertive about establishing boundaries to maintain a proper work-life balance.
Good people, bad management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHDecember 3, 2017
Well, they lay off 300+ people and the top 4 executives at the plant get 25000 shares of company stock (about 750,000$). Seems they could have kept a few and took lower stock numbers.
First Solar
Master manufacturing associate (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 28, 2017
Was a great place to work, my co-workers felt like family. A growing company that treated it's employees fairly. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking.
Hr Need some work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 16, 2017
The work culture is laid back but the managers were very mean and unhappy with their job made it very hard to talk to them about things that mattered to the works
Overall great company to work for
Validation Tester for Solar Panel Mounting System (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 8, 2017
I was a summer intern at First Solar as a validation tester, and it was one of the most unique experiences of my life. But being introduced to the office space and meeting everyone, I can immediately feel the calm and very laid back office environment which I loved. I worked outside the office in a testing facility, working with my manager and had a great time doing that.
Machine Operator
Operator (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHNovember 8, 2017
We had to report to our workstation on a assembly line, we loaded solar panels on the line for production, we checked the solar panels for defects, checked the scribe lines for specification, made sure the oven was up to temp and made sure the robots was functioning correct. I learned CAD Chloride how to do a trigger test to make sure the plates wasn't being over sprayed. It was was a fast pace workplace very diverse, the hardest thing was trying to get the robot to work properly when it malfunctioned. The best part was the learning process of it all.
Pros
How safe and clean the place was and The cafeteria had a restaurant
Cons
Management didnt do they're job well
Interesting
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 30, 2017
Hired as a Electrical Designer to cover for full time employee who was out on disability time for approx. 3 months.
It was a good experience since I had no knowledge of Solar power, so I did learn sometime.
However they provided little to no training or supervision it was all on myself but they understood my situation.
Pros
Opportunity to learn about Solar power
Cons
Temporary employee
Great Place
Global Accounts O&M Representative (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
Great place, nice people, food, events, stock options. more food, more events, more nice people, covered parking, free gym, close to many places to eat.
Pros
Great place
First Solar is a solid company
AutoCAD Designer Site Development/Array Layouts (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 25, 2017
First Solar is a solid company that I enjoyed working for. Employee compensation was fair and the job work/life balance was on point. I recommend working at First Solar
It had a very nepotistic way of running things.
Remediation Crew-Mechanical (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 22, 2017
The job was fine, but we were all made to feel and act like dogs. From my understanding, the CM is still dealing with lawsuits brought on by former workers. He was a racist, egotistical man. And his management team (which were a bunch of "good ole boys", went right along with it.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Good team
Engineer (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 18, 2017
Nice team to work with but lots of competitive pressure on the product in the market. Business trying to reinvent itself, but lots of work to do, Management works hard to look out for employees.
Great fast paced company.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 16, 2017
Fast paced, young company. Just lacked strategic direction for the group I worked in. Overall, wonderful company to work for, and I have enjoyed watching see them flourished.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHOctober 12, 2017
It was a great place to work. the people were great, the location was great, the benefits were great. i met a lot of fantastic people while i was there.
Great company
Developmental Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OH 43551October 6, 2017
I have had the pleasure of working in all the laboratories, the wastewater department, and as an R&D technician on the production equipment. I learned so much!
Pros
Great learning experience and great pay.
Cons
Ups and downs of production business
Site Development Designer II (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Typical day requires working knowledge of several different client and project types.Strong organization. It's a good environment for personal and professional growth. Manager's were great people to work for. Company moving to Arizona.
Pros
Cons
Company moving to Arizona
Modern company, good culture, polite and professional people
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Good people to work with. Everyone is polite and professional. Negative attitudes are strongly discouraged. Great cafeteria. There is a fitness room open 24/7. State of the art information systems.
Pros
Clean modern
Cons
Impossible to advance if you do not follow a specific carreer path.