First Source LLC Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSJuly 24, 2017
I worked a range of hours due to the clients I was under and it wasn't a set 8-5job. Some days we would work 4 hours in the morning get told to go home and get called back in at 6 or 7 oclock at night to work and finish our hours until midnight due to our clients needs.
November 25, 2017

First Source, LLC is not located in Kansas. Is it possible that you are referring to a different company? We are the largest candy and nut distributor in the US, distributing gourmet foods and packaging candy and nuts. We are located in Toano, VA, Tonawanda, NY, Pico Rivera, CA and Tennessee.

If you really need a job, then apply.
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Toano, VAJune 11, 2017
When there is work and they need you, you work. When orders are slow, they furlough or get rid of you. The culture there is to place profit over employees.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Low pay. Physical work not equal to the pay. Mandatory Saturday work without much advance notice.
terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 22, 2017
To my knowledge this company shut down or atleast the branch I worked at. They make incentive bonuses but then don't pay when employees actually meet the criteria.
Pros
Cons
trashy management
July 19, 2017

We do not have a location in Louisville, KY. Are you referring to the company that distributes Candy, nuts and snacks?
We are First Source, LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace.

November 25, 2017

First Source, LLC is not located in Kentucky. Is it possible that you are referring to a different company? We are the largest candy and nut distributor in the US, distributing gourmet foods and packaging candy and nuts. We are located in Toano, VA, Tonawanda, NY, Pico Rivera, CA and Tennessee.

Underpaid, an Overworked
Current Employee who's leaving (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAMay 20, 2017
At First Source you will be underpaid an overworked. The management has no respect or appreciation for there employees. Save yourself , an dont apply.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Management, Salary, No opportunity for advancement
Great Staff
Eligibility Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAMay 1, 2017
Never a dull moment in a typical day. Great work balance. Busy work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you helped the individual/families receive the benefits they where entitled to. Contract based if the company lost the contract for whatever reason you're out of a job.
New company that wasnt on top of hiring the right people
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 20, 2017
The company was relatively new so they were hiring on anyone who walked through the door, this of course made the workplace extremely unprofessional. The management their didnt seem to care about our concerns.
Pros
longer lunch
Cons
short break, to much drama, and unporductive
November 25, 2017

The people are socialize at some point they preferr taking their own kind a people. It is fun sometimes but not for sure.
First source transaction (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 18, 2017
I have learned a lot based on the claims that I receive everyday according to the company. I have to send it off immediately and love for those claims.
Pros
We have free lunches provided from our mangers quite a few times.
Cons
Brakes are short sometimes long enough it the boss allows you.
July 19, 2017

Are you referring to the company that distributes candy, nuts and snacks? We do not have a location in Utah. I think you are talking about a different company. We are First Source LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace. www.first-source.com

Great friendly work atmosphere
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAApril 10, 2017
It's a great work atmosphere with friendly co-workers that gives you all the tools you need to be a successful employee. There are advancement opportunities if you can be successful in the job that you do.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYMarch 27, 2017
First Source was a very decent company to work for. They are fair and provide a very nice work environment with very enjoyable co-workers. They provide places to eat, indoor and out, and have good benefits.
powerful
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 23, 2017
workplace was good friendly people managers and supervisors were very helpful. learned many things which now I use as experience. definitely would go back if I can get the possibili.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 12, 2017
I enjoy working at first source I was really comftarable with everyone really nice people peaceful place to work at. I would definitely go work there again if I had the chance but sadly it was only temporary and covering someones vacation.
Unprofessional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSFebruary 24, 2017
My experience was very unprofessional they didn't know how to hook up their phones and when you ask questions certain management rude. Also very inconsistent on decisions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unprofessional
July 19, 2017

Are you referring to the company that distributes candy, nuts and snacks? We do not have a location in Louisville, KY. I think you are talking about a different company. We are First Source LLC, a recognized industry leader with a long record of success, is the BEST source of candy, nuts and snacks in the US marketplace. www.first-source.com

Good place to work but no advancement
Supervisor/Bed Bath & beyond acount coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toano, VANovember 2, 2015
Good place to work, but no advancement, continued to hire supervisory jobs from outside. It seems upper management wants more and more but does not want to give adequate wages to their good workers.
Productive and Busy
Accounts Receivable Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CAMarch 17, 2015
A typical day of consist of a non stop phone calls, fax, and email answering. The accounting department is a very busy and chaotic environment, that I love to work in.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Great place to gain experience
Accounts Receivables (Former Employee) –  Toano, VAMarch 2, 2015
I really enjoyed my co-workers. A lot of micro management. No room for advancement. Great place to gain experience and move on.
Pros
Monthly luncheons
Cons
No career development and low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Source LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9