First South Bank Employee Reviews

No upper management help
Vice President Commercial Lending (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 17, 2017
The company was under a MOU with the FDIC. Very limited in what you can do as a lender. Home office so far away no support to the local branch. The loan programs were unsuitable for the location.
Pros
Cons
lack of support
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCAugust 30, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone was nice. Management was thorough, direct, and compassionate. I learned a lot while working there. I made myself teachable and my coworkers and managers did an excellent job at teaching me.
Pros
Great coworkers and work environment
Cons
Merging with another company
great post closing department
Legal Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working in the post closing department. It was a great way to learn the mortgage documents. I was able to utilize my organizational skills a great deal.
First South Bank
Teller (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCAugust 12, 2017
Not my choice place of work. Great coworkers with lots of team effort. Diverse customer base. But not much opportunity for advancement from lower positions. Pay is subpar.
fun place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 10, 2017
this is a community bank that focus on giving customers you first experience. It has been pleasant working for this Company, specially when you have a great team.
Pros
vacation time and good team
Cons
35 minutes awa
Great environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 12, 2017
Great environment. Friendly coworkers. Great management. Great Benefits. Company truly cares for their employees. great group of people to work with.
Very supportive environment
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCJune 24, 2017
Workers at First South Bank get treated like family. Compassion abounds. Company currently going through merger process, but carefully selected partner with very similar values.
Productive Environment
Mortgage Loans (Current Employee) –  Washington, NC 27889June 14, 2017
First South Bank is a great place to work with competitive benefits and opportunity for advancement. Paid time off is also very competitive to other banking institutions.
Always new customer interactions which were different from the last.
Deposit Administration Representative (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 11, 2017
FSB was a unique place to work. Dealing with the public you are never sure what might happen. I enjoyed getting to know my customers and being able to help them with their financial needs.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not always being able to fix their issues
One of the worst financial institutions to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 9, 2017
This bank has the worst uneducated, lazy employees I have ever worked for. So much so, that one morning we could not open the branch because of habitually late and call-out associates. Favoritism is rampant. Entirely too small of an institution to advance in a career path. Compensation is laughable.
Great bank to work for
CREDIT ADMINISTRATION OFFICER / VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 11, 2017
Great bank to work for, unfortunately it is being acquired by a larger bank. Management is very strong and work environment was very friendly. Have learned many different facets of banking
Very productive, staff was great to work with, good working environment.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCNovember 1, 2016
Loved the banking business. Great benefits and working conditions. I trained New employees for teller positions, handled security camera, sold certificate of deposits to customers, in charge of safety deposit boxes.
Pros
Yearly pay increases, paid vacations and holidays, good health rance coverage.
Cons
Too many turn overs with tellers and in management.
Not for me
FSA (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 29, 2016
I don't know how this bank even stays open the way it is ran. The cliques are horrible. If your not in the clique, your not going to stay around long. So many double standards it's ridiculous.
Pros
Money
Cons
Small minded people
Great work place
Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2016
FSB has a great work environment. Great place to work. Relationship Manager is seeking a new opportunity. I have 18 years in the banking industry with a great amount of contacts and banking experience.
Financial institution which served its community's financial needs.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed this job because it gave me considerable accounting experience after graduating from college. This financial institute had various aspects of accounting based on mortgage, borrowing, wire transfers, etc.
Pros
Excellent benefit package.
Cons
Excellent working environment
Community Bank
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 1, 2016
First South Bank is a small community bank and it strives to provide excellent customer service. The work environment is the same. Everyone works together as a team and treats each other as if they were family members. The company is very big on acknowledging a job well done and encourages all staff to submit someone for recognition when they see something above and beyond the call of duty happening in the office.
Pros
work environment
Work Environment
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2015
Business model was very structured and menu of products offered very limited due to the regulatory restrictions placed on organization resulting from capital deficiencies.
Good Bank, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 27, 2015
I have always been used to a fast paced, busy, and productive job. I like my job, but we are a small bank, and not very busy..I like the people that I work with, and we all get along fine. We are in a large house-like building. Upon entering, to the right their are only 3 of us on the "Retail" side. If you enter to the left, it is the "commercial" side.There are only 3 people on that side as well, so that tells you just how small we are.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the my personal clients. They come into my office, I get their business done, and we visit.. Some of them: well, I know about their children, and they know about mine.

The hardest part of my job is that we just do not have that many people coming in on any given day.
Pros
Nice people, 401 K match
Cons
no room for advancement, slow pace
Productive Company
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 18, 2015
First South Bank was a wonderful company to work for. I hated leaving. Every associate within the company was more then willing to assist another associate. The CEO was extremely personable.
Looked forward in coming to work and learning something new.
Loan Operations Asst II (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 9, 2015
A typical work day for me was booking and reviewing loans, waiving late charges for customers, checking to make sure their insurance was up to date, maintenance customer portfolios, scanning and filing.

All of the things that I mention in the above paragraph, I learned after being on the Teller/Customer Service side for more than 19 years.
I had great Mangers who supported us and Co-workers that got along with each others. We all worked very well together as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning a new system that the switch to. That was a challenge, but that ok because we love a challenge.

I like to think of my job as a career that's what makes your job enjoyable and doing the right think to help make the Company grow their business.
Pros
Getting time off on holidays and vacation time to spend with my family.
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First South Bank. Our community is ready to answer.