First South Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Community Bank
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 1, 2016
First South Bank is a small community bank and it strives to provide excellent customer service. The work environment is the same. Everyone works together as a team and treats each other as if they were family members. The company is very big on acknowledging a job well done and encourages all staff to submit someone for recognition when they see something above and beyond the call of duty happening in the office.
Pros
work environment
Executive Assistant to CEO/President (Current Employee) –  Washington, NC 27889May 18, 2016
I really enjoying working with the executive staff. My typical day is working on spreadsheet reports, answering phones, general office procedures. My reason for looking into other jobs is there is no room for me to expand my horizons and also this job is not very challenging for me.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Sr. Executives do not communicate with the staff
Financial institution which served its community's financial needs.
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 11, 2016
I enjoyed this job because it gave me considerable accounting experience after graduating from college. This financial institute had various aspects of accounting based on mortgage, borrowing, wire transfers, etc.
Pros
Excellent benefit package.
Cons
Excellent working environment
Looked forward in coming to work and learning something new.
Loan Operations Asst II (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 9, 2015
A typical work day for me was booking and reviewing loans, waiving late charges for customers, checking to make sure their insurance was up to date, maintenance customer portfolios, scanning and filing.

All of the things that I mention in the above paragraph, I learned after being on the Teller/Customer Service side for more than 19 years.
I had great Mangers who supported us and Co-workers that got along with each others. We all worked very well together as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning a new system that the switch to. That was a challenge, but that ok because we love a challenge.

I like to think of my job as a career that's what makes your job enjoyable and doing the right think to help make the Company grow their business.
Pros
getting time off on holidays and vacation time to spend with my family.
benefits
Very education and benificial
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2014
When I would get to work in the morning, I was always greeted with a smile from my management and coworkers. Myself and my coworkers worked together very well in taking care of customer concerns and various transactions. It made me feel good that they gave me opportunities to advance and make myself better and they could trust me to do my job to the best of my ability. I don't feel that there was a certain part of my job that was too difficult for me to handle. I always had support in what I did and if I had any questions or concerns I knew I could address it without fearing for my job. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The customers, the coworkers, the various responsibilities I had.
Pros
good benifits, good hours
Cons
small company
Great work place
Commercial Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2016
FSB has a great work environment. Great place to work. Relationship Manager is seeking a new opportunity. I have 18 years in the banking industry with a great amount of contacts and banking experience.
Good Bank, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 27, 2015
I have always been used to a fast paced, busy, and productive job. I like my job, but we are a small bank, and not very busy..I like the people that I work with, and we all get along fine. We are in a large house-like building. Upon entering, to the right their are only 3 of us on the "Retail" side. If you enter to the left, it is the "commercial" side.There are only 3 people on that side as well, so that tells you just how small we are.

The most enjoyable part of my job are the my personal clients. They come into my office, I get their business done, and we visit.. Some of them: well, I know about their children, and they know about mine.

The hardest part of my job is that we just do not have that many people coming in on any given day.
Pros
Nice people, 401 K match
Cons
no room for advancement, slow pace
Work Environment
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2015
Business model was very structured and menu of products offered very limited due to the regulatory restrictions placed on organization resulting from capital deficiencies.
Productive Company
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NCJune 18, 2015
First South Bank was a wonderful company to work for. I hated leaving. Every associate within the company was more then willing to assist another associate. The CEO was extremely personable.
Previous Financial Sales Associate
Financial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCNovember 30, 2014
I loved working for this Community Bank. The work life balance was great. It was nice getting up in the morning and going to work with great people and helping great customers.
Pros
great hours, helpful coworkers and management
Cons
pay a little low compared to other banks
Local community bank that specialized in customer relations.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Winterville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
I absolutely loved working with everyone at First South Bank in Greenville/Winterville. We had a fantastic team of co-workers that kept me coming to work every day. On a weekly basis we would see the same customers, normally on the same days of the week. The best customer relationships were ones where we knew each other by name, which most were. Unfortunately the down side to having the same customers is that there is not a lot of growth, so referral goals were very hard to accomplish. Referral goals were normally the types of accounts we needed to open or how many credit cards we sold, etc. Sales became a huge part of my position, which I did not like as much. An enjoyable part of my position was spearheading the monthly promotions/slogans that we would run in the branch to get the customers asking questions. That was when I got to use my creative side.
Pros
co-workers, customers, and banker's hours/holidays.
Cons
account sales goals.
very nice atmosphere to meet new people
Consumer/Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCJuly 15, 2013
A typical day, depending on which day, could involve processing all day long.The variety of documentation that was processed made the day very interesting. I learned how to be a good manager of time and how to multi-task. The hardest part of the job would have been emergencies that would occur and had to be processed immediately.
Meeting new people was the fun part whether by phone, email or in person.
Pros
very flexible with needing time off for doctors appointments
Cons
the advancment process was a little complex
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 1, 2013
I assist the city executive, commercial and consumer lenders. I also assist customers with opening new accounts and present customers with account issues. I also assist on the teller line and with the vault and ATM.
Friendly place to work with the locals
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCApril 9, 2013
Nice coworkers and manager. Able to communicate with the customers every day
Pros
branch management
Cons
health care plan
Very fast pced job kind kind of stressful
Teller/Switch Board (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, TNNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers. It help me to grow up a mature as an adult. I also enjoyed my elderly customers that came in every day.
Very fast paced workplace.
Receptionist/Teller (Former Employee) –  Bolivar, TNApril 16, 2014
I worked as a teller and receptionist. I ran the drive-thru and worked front counter as a teller. As a receptionist I ran the switchboard, fax machine, sorted mail, and waited on customers as the entered the bank.
Pros
fast paced, days passed by quickly.
Cons
customers attitudes.

4.3