First South Bank

First South Bank Employer Reviews

Looked forward in coming to work and learning something new.
Loan Operations Asst II (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: getting time off on holidays and vacation time to spend with my family.
Cons: benefits
A typical work day for me was booking and reviewing loans, waiving late charges for customers, checking to make sure their insurance was up to date, maintenance customer portfolios, scanning and filing.

All of the things that I mention in the above paragraph, I learned after being on the Teller/Customer Service side for more than 19 years.
I had great Mangers who supported us and Co-workers that got along with each others. We all worked very well together as a team. The hardest part of my job was learning a new system that the switch to. That was a challenge, but that ok because we love a challenge.

I like to think of my job as a career that's what makes your job enjoyable and doing the right think to help make the Company grow their business.
Very education and benificial
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good benifits, good hours
Cons: small company
When I would get to work in the morning, I was always greeted with a smile from my management and coworkers. Myself and my coworkers worked together very well in taking care of customer concerns and various transactions. It made me feel good that they gave me opportunities to advance and make myself better and they could trust me to do my job to the best of my ability. I don't feel that there was a certain part of my job that was too difficult for me to handle. I always had support in what I did and if I had any questions or concerns I knew I could address it without fearing for my job. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The customers, the coworkers, the various responsibilities I had.
Previous Financial Sales Associate
Financial Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, NCNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great hours, helpful coworkers and management
Cons: pay a little low compared to other banks
I loved working for this Community Bank. The work life balance was great. It was nice getting up in the morning and going to work with great people and helping great customers.
Very fast pced job kind kind of stressful
Teller/Switch Board (Former Employee), Bolivar, TNNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers. It help me to grow up a mature as an adult. I also enjoyed my elderly customers that came in every day.
Local community bank that specialized in customer relations.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Winterville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers, customers, and banker's hours/holidays.
Cons: account sales goals.
I absolutely loved working with everyone at First South Bank in Greenville/Winterville. We had a fantastic team of co-workers that kept me coming to work every day. On a weekly basis we would see the same customers, normally on the same days of the week. The best customer relationships were ones where we knew each other by name, which most were. Unfortunately the down side to having the same customers is that there is not a lot of growth, so referral goals were very hard to accomplish. Referral goals were normally the types of accounts we needed to open or how many credit cards we sold, etc. Sales became a huge part of my position, which I did not like as much. An enjoyable part of my position was spearheading the monthly promotions/slogans that we would run in the branch to get the customers asking questions. That was when I got to use my creative side.
Very fast paced workplace.
Receptionist/Teller (Former Employee), Bolivar, TNApril 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, days passed by quickly.
Cons: customers attitudes.
I worked as a teller and receptionist. I ran the drive-thru and worked front counter as a teller. As a receptionist I ran the switchboard, fax machine, sorted mail, and waited on customers as the entered the bank.
very nice atmosphere to meet new people
Consumer/Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee), Washington, NCJuly 15, 2013
Pros: very flexible with needing time off for doctors appointments
Cons: the advancment process was a little complex
A typical day, depending on which day, could involve processing all day long.The variety of documentation that was processed made the day very interesting. I learned how to be a good manager of time and how to multi-task. The hardest part of the job would have been emergencies that would occur and had to be processed immediately.
Meeting new people was the fun part whether by phone, email or in person.
Friendly place to work with the locals
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Washington, NCApril 9, 2013
Pros: branch management
Cons: health care plan
Nice coworkers and manager. Able to communicate with the customers every day
Small Community Bank
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fayetteville NCDecember 18, 2012
Nice work environment. Well established. Good training programs.