First South Bank

First South Bank Employer Reviews

Very education and benificial
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Bern, NCDecember 6, 2014
Pros: good benifits, good hours
Cons: small company
When I would get to work in the morning, I was always greeted with a smile from my management and coworkers. Myself and my coworkers worked together very well in taking care of customer concerns and various transactions. It made me feel good that they gave me opportunities to advance and make myself better and they could trust me to do my job to the – more... best of my ability. I don't feel that there was a certain part of my job that was too difficult for me to handle. I always had support in what I did and if I had any questions or concerns I knew I could address it without fearing for my job. I enjoyed all aspects of my job. The customers, the coworkers, the various responsibilities I had. – less
Previous Financial Sales Associate
Financial Sales Associate (Former Employee), Washington, NCNovember 30, 2014
Pros: great hours, helpful coworkers and management
Cons: pay a little low compared to other banks
I loved working for this Community Bank. The work life balance was great. It was nice getting up in the morning and going to work with great people and helping great customers.
Very fast pced job kind kind of stressful
Teller/Switch Board (Former Employee), Bolivar, TNNovember 12, 2014
I really enjoyed my co-workers. It help me to grow up a mature as an adult. I also enjoyed my elderly customers that came in every day.
Local community bank that specialized in customer relations.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Winterville, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: co-workers, customers, and banker's hours/holidays.
Cons: account sales goals.
I absolutely loved working with everyone at First South Bank in Greenville/Winterville. We had a fantastic team of co-workers that kept me coming to work every day. On a weekly basis we would see the same customers, normally on the same days of the week. The best customer relationships were ones where we knew each other by name, which most were. Unfortunately – more... the down side to having the same customers is that there is not a lot of growth, so referral goals were very hard to accomplish. Referral goals were normally the types of accounts we needed to open or how many credit cards we sold, etc. Sales became a huge part of my position, which I did not like as much. An enjoyable part of my position was spearheading the monthly promotions/slogans that we would run in the branch to get the customers asking questions. That was when I got to use my creative side. – less
Very fast paced workplace.
Receptionist/Teller (Former Employee), Bolivar, TNApril 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, days passed by quickly.
Cons: customers attitudes.
I worked as a teller and receptionist. I ran the drive-thru and worked front counter as a teller. As a receptionist I ran the switchboard, fax machine, sorted mail, and waited on customers as the entered the bank.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 1, 2013
I assist the city executive, commercial and consumer lenders. I also assist customers with opening new accounts and present customers with account issues. I also assist on the teller line and with the vault and ATM.
Friendly place to work with the locals
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Washington, NCApril 9, 2013
Pros: branch management
Cons: health care plan
Nice coworkers and manager. Able to communicate with the customers every day
Small Community Bank
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE/RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fayetteville NCDecember 18, 2012
Nice work environment. Well established. Good training programs.