First State Bank Employee Reviews

Great atmosphere with Christmas parties
CSR Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILDecember 17, 2016
Great place to work with a very helpful staff. Some downtime but allows you to keep cash counting accurate. Christmas parties and parades are fun to participate in.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
too slow and no advancement
Great Place to Advance
Branch Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gun Barrel City, TX 75147September 3, 2016
I loved that it was a great place to advance in a financial career. A great place to get involved with the people of the community!
work summary
Kim Warren-supervisor (Former Employee) –  Blakely, GAJune 15, 2016
The lower positons such as tellers were awesome, down to earth people. The management and higher ups are very judgemental and wanted the employees to flirt and be super nice to the customers who had the biggest balance.
Fun place to work
Branch Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJune 14, 2016
Enjoyed my many years in banking and was ready for a change; therefore, I quit my job to complete my bachelors and continue to complete my masters degree.
Pros
Flexible and good staff
Fun position, always busy.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Dyersburg, TNJune 14, 2016
I hoped to move higher up more quickly here. I took on more responsibility that wasn't required for my position. I went the extra mile and quickly learned how to perform every operation in the bank.
Pros
Co-workers became family. We had the utmost respect for each other as well as trust.
Cons
Difficult to move up even when you have proven yourself capable time and again.
Great little bank
Loan Processor / Teller (Former Employee) –  Maypearl, TXApril 14, 2016
Small town bank with great customers and employees. Began my lending experience here, and was delighted that I was given the opportunity.
Good job for someone who is in high school or college.
Bookkeeper, proof operator, teller (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAMarch 27, 2016
No longer in business. Been too many years to review upon. Good job for someone in their 20's. employees worked as a team.
fun work place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Norman, OK 73069February 12, 2016
helped customers with account transaction, processed atm deposit, assisted with wire transfers, assigned safe box, balanced vault cash, opened new account
Pros
best co workers
Cons
My job as Human Resource Officer was challenging and very fulfilling. I thrived on the day to day issues and maintaining employee morale.
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Wrens, GAJanuary 18, 2016
Address any and all issues, responsibilities and deadlines for HR office and many of the functions for the bank.

My extensive schooling, training and experience kept employees motivated and morale high to better serve our customers and community.

The hardest part of the job was the transition to a new CEO with a completely different work ethic and attitude for the employees, bank and the community.

I very much enjoyed my job. I established relationships and friends and feel like I made an impact in my community.
Pros
Salary, Benefits and encouragement to attend conferences and courses because knowledge is power.
Bank Teller
Bank Teller Full Time (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GANovember 25, 2015
Working at First State Bank bought out by Hamilton State Bank was a fun place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers and even more so I enjoyed working with the public. There is always someone coming in to tell you a story that will make you laugh. There are days when you all you had to say was, "Thank you, and Have a Good Day". That would be enough to put a smile on the customers face.

The hardest part of working at the bank was when they changed out the software and the team had learn a new system.
Pros
Working with the general public
Cons
Occasionally have an Irate customer

Want to know more about First State Bank?

Ask a question
Very friendly and fun work place
Customer Service/New Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Yoakum, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Working at FSB was a great experience! Not only did they teach me a lot, they were also very great at working with me in my time of need.
Professional Atmosphere
Customer Service Department (Former Employee) –  Monticello, ILAugust 27, 2015
As receptionist, my duties included greeting customers, answering the phone directing the calls to various departments within the bank.

As a teller, maintaining a balanced drawer and working closely with the the other tellers.

As a Customer Service Representative, these duties included confidentiality in opening various accounts for customers.

Worked well as part of the banking team.
Great place to learn new things and develop communication and finance skills
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Socorro, NMAugust 25, 2015
Supportive management who treat their employees well and with respect. They are fantastic about making sure you and your family are taken care of. The ladies there are a blast to work with and will keep you laughing for hours. Some days are pretty slow, but overall a good place to work and a job that is relatively easy to learn to do.
Pros
Management will support you no matter what, free lunches, frequent staff get together
Challenging, Technological advanced
AVP/Computer Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNJuly 22, 2015
Working on projects, working on task tickets from users, software/hardware management. Project management. Satisfaction of job well done.
Pros
Challengiing work
Cons
Job security
Good job security but advancement, not so much....
Loan Department (Former Employee) –  Mendota, ILJuly 9, 2015
Overall, a good company to work for with good job security. I found that most of the management there could use some management training as issues usually just got overlooked which then made for even more bad morale throughout. They express that they like to promote from within but I found this not to be the case and it was one of the reasons why I left there. All in all it was a good stepping stone for my career and pay and year end profit sharing was good.
Pros
Fun company outings/events
Cons
Lack of management skills in some departments
Small bank with very personable customers
Teller I (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJuly 6, 2015
The bank liked to do lots of team building exercises which were very productive. Overall good bank to work for. I don't have any complaints about having worked for the company.
good work enviroment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJJuly 4, 2015
Worked with a great team of people. I learned a lot of skills with this company. Co-workers were great. Overall good experience.
Pros
great company
great place
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJuly 3, 2015
First State Bank was a small town bank that was very well respected in the community. It was more of a family atmosphere instead of a big bank mentality.
Pros
benefits and time off
Cons
computer sytems
Family friendly work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  yoakum, txJuly 1, 2015
Absolutely enjoyed working at FSB everyone treated eachother like family. I worked here while being able to go to school and taking care of my family.
Excellent small town bank
Full Time Drive Through Teller / CSR (Former Employee) –  Miami, TXMay 13, 2015
This is a great place to work. It has a very friendly and family atmosphere. I worked for this bank for 11 years and loved it. I would recommend this bank to all my friends and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First State Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2