First State Bank

First State Bank Employer Reviews

New wonderful experience
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Martin, TNMay 30, 2014
I like the environment that i work in. This was a change from what i was used to. I have lerned more information working here than i thought i would have ever learned.
great workplace
TELLER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Key West, FLMay 15, 2014
But looking for something with better salary and a company that i can grow with and make a career.
I enjoyed our customers
Loan Processor/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Morgantown, INApril 29, 2014
It was a nice place to work, I enjoyed our customers and helping them.
Great Place to Work
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee), Barboursville, WVApril 17, 2014
Pros: co-workers
I would either open/close the branch. I learned more computer skills and management skills. The management and co-workers were great we were like family instead of co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when I had to leave for school. I loved everything about this job.
There is a reason for high employee turnover
Teller (Former Employee), New London, WIApril 13, 2014
Cons: very late or none existent reviews, low pay, poor training, inconsistent scheduling
What management promises in an interview and provides once hired are totally different. Poor training process. Some in higher positions don't always adhere to bank policies but expect you to. Tellers are very limited in what they can do to help customers outside of running transactions. Very high number of part time employees. Lots of favoritism. Managing – more... practices varied from branch to branch locations. – less
It is a very friendly place to work and very educational.
Teller (Current Employee), TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: hours and co-wokers are awesome
Cons: pay rate isnt so great.
I learned how to handle different situations with peoples accounts when there may be a problem. I learned how to better assist customers with their money and help them keep track of their accounts. I make account transfers, with-drawls, deposits, and help to keep customers account and information confidential.
Fast paced Banking environment
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Wharton, TXMarch 26, 2014
Working here was a blast, from the moment we opened the Drive-thru until we locked the doors at night I was constantly on the go. Handling customer's banking needs to the fullest of my ability. I loved the camaraderie that I had with my co-workers.
Good Place To Start
Teller (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TXMarch 4, 2014
Its A Good Place To Start Off In The Banking Field.
Training Is Very Accurate. Up to date knowledge of FDIC regulations.
Nice place to work
Head Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Waxahachie TexasNovember 21, 2013
Pros: customer service
Cons: management
Typical day at work, work night drop bags, drive-in customers, lobby customer,
I learned to help with the large items report and order debit cards.
Management was unqualifieded.
Co workers were always were undermining your work and trying to find fault so they could report you to management.
There was no hard part to this job.
Most enjoyable part was – more... the customers I enjoyed them. – less
Friendly environment with close relationships between employees and customers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Wrens, GASeptember 7, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at First State Bank. I met a lot of important and interesting people. I acquired many skills and learned a lot about customer service. I loved my co-workers and our managers. Each day was a different experience that helped me to learn new things. My favorite part of the job was the customer interaction. I loved meeting people, – more... learning about their lives, and helping them in every way possible. – less
Nice place to work
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Commerce, OKAugust 19, 2013
Nice place to work. Great hours. Nice customers and co-workers.
great atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIAugust 3, 2013
Pros: bank hour
Cons: robbery
customer service, meeting new and exciting people. Learn ATM and cash vault. Fun co-workers. Balance drawer accurate.
Wonderful place to work
Bookkeeping Clerk (Former Employee), Athens, TXJuly 19, 2013
Enjoyed the people I worked with and had very good supervisors. Officers were also very supported and always were there to help out when needed. The hardest part was to learn the new laws and regulations changing every few years. My co-workers were also willing to help when asked. My supervisor was always there if I had any problem I was unable to solve.
Fast paced environment
Human Resources M (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXDecember 6, 2012
Pros: generally five day work week m-f
As a one person HR department with numerous locations most daily contact was via e-mail or phone with managers and employees. Enjoyed the opportunity to work with Senior management in aiding with staffing and training issues.
Enjoyed working with the same company for 12 years
Deposit Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Valdosta, GADecember 3, 2012
Pros: getting to work with awesome people, excellent benefits
Cons: everything went to corporate office
I enjoyed everything about my job and the people I worked with.
very nice place to work
Head Teller (Former Employee), Georgetown, OHNovember 29, 2012
opening, assisting customers, night deposits, balancing and opening accounts.
I learned everything I know about banking today.
I was head customer service rep.
my co-workers were reliable and like a small family.
when I quit.
meeting and serving the customers we had.
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Transaction Specialist (Former Employee), Canisteo, NYNovember 7, 2012
Greet customers, processed customers transactions completely and accurately, answered phones, balanced end of day paperwork with data processors, counted and verified money in my teller drawer, answered phones and provided customer service. Management and co-workers there were a great bunch of people and great to work for. The most enjoyable part of – more... the job was being able to go to work and seeing and waiting on the customers and being able to talk with them – less
Great Benefits, but poor working environment
Teller (Former Employee), Irvington, KYOctober 24, 2012
Pros: good pay and good hours
Cons: management terrible
The benefits were great, but management was horrible. I was laid off with no explanation. Found out later they wanted to hire someone else and since I was on the bottom of the totem pole I was let go. I was also paid my medical insurance for 6 months. ( I never heard of doing this before) Makes me wonder if they were afraid of a law suit.
It is a very professional, yet comfortable work enviroment.
Account Services Representative/Runner (Current Employee), Waynesboro, MSOctober 24, 2012
Pros: many vacation days
Cons: hard to advance
A day with First Stae Bank is the usual. Same things are done everyday. It has tought me a lot about customer service, finiacial knowledge, and computer skills.
Fun and laid back place to work.
Teller (Former Employee), Albany, GASeptember 20, 2012
Management is good and interesting people to work with. Felt comfortable around employees. However; full time job and full time school was a struggle.

About First State Bank

First State Bank is locally owned and operated with one location in Shelton, Nebraska, 25 miles west of Grand Island on Highway – Read more