First State Bank Employee Reviews

Loved it.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILOctober 27, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a relaxing area, some days it would get busy, especially around the holidays or special events. The people were really nice.
cutthroat
Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, AROctober 4, 2017
ceo out for himself and to rip people off.Not a very good place to work.All they are interested in is to make a dollar and to get Real Estate in their name
Terrible place to work!
Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Russellville, AROctober 3, 2017
The management are in a constant and seemingly never ending power struggle. One manager will tell you to do something to anger another manager the the first manager will say that they never asked you to do it to save their own butt.
Pros
Hours, and holidays off
Financial Institution No Longer Exists
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 28, 2017
Financial institution was closed due to poor financial management during financial collapse of 2008. Was a decent place to work at but did not spend more than a year there.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Poor Management
Was great at first but towards the end had to leave.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Torrington, WYSeptember 27, 2017
It was a great place to work at in the beginning but then they merged with a corporation and the whole atmosphere changed. Made it difficult to go to work without dreading it.
Pros
Free coffee, food, etc
Cons
Poor management and if there was a problem it was never resolved
Workplace
Asst. Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Middlesboro, KYSeptember 20, 2017
Working with First State Bank is very fun, not wishing you didn't have to go to work. They are very upbeat. Very helpful, love teaching you new things
Pros
hour lunches, jean day
Cons
NO overtime
Small and Personal
Mortgage Loan Officer/Auditor (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MISeptember 3, 2017
This place had gave me a well rounded back ground through working in various departments. Before coming to FSB, I had no knowledge with banking. When I left, I have amble experience with banking. The people here are good hearted, kind of like a second family. This is rare to say about a work place.
Pros
Free lunch, good medical, good vacation time
Cons
slow advancements
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIAugust 30, 2017
Loved working with my customers. assisted with all financial needs, deposits, withdrawals, bonds, cashier checks, safe deposit, balanced ATM.

Loved talking to my customers. Sometimes, people would come in to their safe deposit box and would just sit and talk.

Loved helping the customers. Felt like I was making a difference in some of their lives. Love helping people
Pros
Loved my customers
Cons
Robbery
Nice company
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 13, 2017
I like working there and the employees. Certain days can get pretty hectic. It is either really busy or really slow. It is nice working for a company where you know everyone but at the same time, it would be nice to see new faces once in a while.
Pros
nice people, friendly faces
Cons
No set lunch breaks, long hours into the evening
Community
Loan Secretary/Processor (Former Employee) –  Campbell Hill, ILAugust 9, 2017
I have been able to learn Mortgage processing that has advanced my knowledge in lending. The most enjoyable part of the job is no two loans are the same there is always something new to learn.
First State Bank
Teller (Former Employee) –  Unadilla, GAAugust 3, 2017
Only worked here one year but enjoyed my time there as a teller. Management was easy to work for and the pay was fairly good. Had good insurance and vacation days.
Nice coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyoming, MNJuly 25, 2017
Some of the managers are very rude and condescending if you are in low in with work place. The managers train you in a variety of areas but will not pay you a decent wage for your knowledge.
This was a fun place to work.
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 24, 2017
This bank was a great place to work, the teller team was awesome and worked together as a team. I enjoyed going to work even when I had stressful days or if we were crazy busy we got the job done. Leaving this place was a huge mistake on my part. Still have regrets about it. Good management good benefits.
Pros
Always did fun things there for the employees for the holidays.
Cons
Was a good place to work
Assistant Branch Manager, Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2017
First State Bank closed in 2012. I liked working with the customer and employees. Meeting new customers. Learned about the checking, saving accounts, loans.
Build and fund loans for 3 branches
Loan Funding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJuly 4, 2017
At times, the work in the credit department can be very stressful. The work depends on incoming loans from the branches. High turnover in all departments.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
4 branches but only 3 that produces loans
The best thing I liked with this jpb was such the varity of things to do and did.
Proof Operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 31, 2017
I did bookkeeping, data entry, using the bank's vehicles I picked up monies from each branch and brought it back to the main branch{this was called transit}.
Pros
Benefits and always able to stay busy
Cons
Knowing bank was going to imaging I knew I would be out of work. No job security
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Richmond, MIMay 18, 2017
Enjoyed coming to work every day. Co-workers are like family. Enjoyed seeing the customers every day. Excellent benefits and perks. Great hours. Best management I've ever worked with.
Pros
Health Care
Cons
No job security
Small bank
Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2017
Needed more to fulfill my day. Not real busy. Nice people. Laid back atmosphere at times. IT system always being updated or enhanced. Hope it has improved for all by now.
good insurance
Teller (Former Employee) –  Hallsville, TXApril 24, 2017
this company is closed now. Had good benefits. It is a call center. Every move managed....even bathroom breaks. Busy taking phone calls the entire shift.
Good location
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVMarch 1, 2017
The First State Bank is located in a great area. Close to restaurants and shops. Along with other locations in Barboursville and Teays Valley. Best thing about this company.