First Step Employee Review

Fun and very happy place to work, with great people to work with.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 21, 2014
Typical day, reported to my office and made phone calls on behalf of my clients in which our company was their guardian in order to keep up their living. Documentation and appointments were made and attended for SSI, Medicaid, Medicare, etc. Completed evaluations and approvals in order to keep all Supportive Living Services Active for the consumers. Also made daily visits to the all clients homes to make contacts and to join in on activities. It was the greatest staff anyone could've worked with. But in the midst of it being a great job, it was a very difficult job also seeing that I was working with severely disable adults. Not to mention my youngest brother recieves in house services from the same company. So it hits home to know how much they really need help just to live. However, each and every day when they get excited as if I were Santa Clause himself, it makes me feel extremely blessed and joyful.
Pros
Getting to help make a difference in someone's life who really needs it.
Cons
Having to watch clients go through physical pain and illnesses.

Other First Step Employee Reviews

Long Hours and Very Little Pay
Direct Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARDecember 12, 2017
I loved getting to know all of our consumers, their families and getting to help them. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. However, I was on-call 24/7-365, so when my phone rang I had to drop everything right then (which meant I missed parts of holiday get togethers, had to walk out on family dinners, missed out on my kids ball games and more). My pay was no where near enough for all of the work I had to do (I didn't get paid for being on-call either). I had to give up some holidays to complete my work because along with office work I also had to travel many miles every month to see all of my consumers. And I didn't feel appreciated by upper management.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little pay, not enough time off, Stressful
great working place
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLOctober 11, 2017
learned a lot about business and how to make people happy about there broken lives,it gives people hope,in there every day life so i became a better person also

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Step. Our community is ready to answer.