First Student Employee Reviews

Very productive and great place with beautiful people
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Berrien Springs, MIOctober 4, 2017
Getting the children to and from school safe. I learned many things about my children on my bus because they were special needs. My children were very different but very much alike. At that time the hardest part about my day was not being able to be with them all day but I knew that I would see them the next day.
Pros
They trained me with pay
Cons
No field trips
Nice work place
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNOctober 3, 2017
I like my job but I need more work I need more I wish I could have at less 40 pre week or more if they would give out more hours that would be great and if you can also bring your kids to work again that would even be better
interesting place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Gardner, MAOctober 2, 2017
Not a bad place to work it is only part time you can try to get extra hours by working school charters you also get school vacations off without pay also allowed to bring your children on the bus with you
Pros
school vacations off
Cons
non paid holidays
Large global organization
Dispatcher/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYOctober 1, 2017
Requires attention to policy and procedure.
Excellent training is provided.
Fast-paced environment that requires excellent customer service skills and attention to detail.
Fun workplace
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2017
I had a good time working there. I got along well with others. I gave good customer service to teachers and parents. They gave a good pay raise every year. I had the summer off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Ttime off, customer service
Go Elsewhere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Highland, ILSeptember 28, 2017
Management is terrible
Everyone is out to get you
Watch out

First Student has loads of potential but they choose bad managers.
The very best training available, if you need to a start...do it here but don't stick around!!
Pros
Free time and out when kids are
work place
CDL Class B Driver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 27, 2017
working with this company is ok they need to pay a little more because it can be very stressful dealing with behavioral kids. it would also be nice if they allowed you more time to at work
love working here
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 27, 2017
You need your class b licence to get the job competitive part time with a full time pay and ou get to see smiling faces everyday what else you can ask?
Challenging yet Rewarding
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHSeptember 26, 2017
The ability to schedule appointments during the week due to having mid days off is convenient. Unless working 3rd shift or another part time job, it's impossible to work outside of driving bus. The best part is making a connection with kids who may not get the attention they need at home.
Enjoyable
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PASeptember 26, 2017
Good job to have if you like to be out and about instead of being chained to a desk or work station. And if you did not mind having inter-action with the public
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough Hours
ok workplace
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 25, 2017
transported children to and from various schools efficiently and safely. Reported any needed repairs and delivered bus to repair site. keep the bus clean.
Negative and Unprofessional Place of Work
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis, MOSeptember 25, 2017
To say that management is sub-par is too much of a compliment. The environment is a continued negative atmosphere. Location manager is condescending and belittling. HR does nothing about this behavior. Uses inappropriate language towards staff members constantly. The job description changes on a daily basis to include whatever the location manager wants it to be. Constantly threatening your job if you do not acquiesce to his demands. Although it is a hourly position with assigned hours, they turn out to be whatever hours that he wants them to be (anywhere from 12-17 hours a day).
Pros
Going Home
Cons
it not a place i would tell people to work
School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Plum, PASeptember 23, 2017
Its a place to work. but my checks were always short and had to go in and correct it too many times and when you asked a question about a particular problem i would get a lot i don't know and the complete run around.
Pros
there were no pros
Cons
2 to 3 hours brakes
No benefits or hours, No real room for advancement
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 19, 2017
Potential to be great workplace if candidates were screened better. childish behavior not reliable attendance with a lot of the employees. Only part time. no bebefits and slow advancement practices. shows of favoritism towards certain employees depending on amount of time with company.
Pros
great hours able to still accomplish day to day duties.
Cons
no benefits, not enough hours, slow advancements
Nice place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 18, 2017
I enjoy my job at first students. Learning different things every year. Great days off if you need them. Holidays off. Meeting new drivers every year.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
No health insurance
Best job ever
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Very fun part time, you can get full time hours but you have to be available. Benefits are basic but very flexible job, good people. Love working for the kids, they make the job amazing!
Pros
flexible
Cons
benfits
If you have children this is a great job for you
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2017
I really enjoy my time here this company is very professional you have to be willing to work here which is good if you want money i only left because i wanted to experience city bus driving and after gaining my experience with that all i can say is.... I might be on my way back because i enjoy my weekends holidays and nights off with this company
Pros
Money to be made
Cons
Some buses are old the further you go out the more messed up of a bus u might get
overall cool place to work if
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 18, 2017
If you think you can handle other people kids, mocking you,, barely want to listen, sometimes well behaved, Then its the job for you, but it can stress you out if you a softy, and scared to yell at the kids to be quiet or have a seat. I was a softy but I applied myself firmly the best I could, but its still an awesome place to work.
Pros
great co-workers, long breaks between school hours
Cons
It had a good work enviroment staff got along well.
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILSeptember 17, 2017
The average day was easy unless you had bad weather or a issues with some students.Learned patients and to stay focus,management was under paying drivers and did not treat workers fair some was showed favor,I enjoyed the parties we had it allowed drivers to socialize.
Pros
parties, safety bonuses
Cons
No benefits, not enough hours.
Good training
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 16, 2017
Very good training behain the wheel very good professional instructions very good management and the personal really friendly I like these job so much
Pros
Nice place 2 work
Cons
Temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Student. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9