First Supply Employee Reviews

Awful work experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 28, 2017
Personally, there is nothing good to say about working for this company. Worst work experience of my life. Owners treat people like they are less than them. Management is terrible. No training and you are expected to know the awful 80's computer system. IT is extremely rude(yes you are a bother to ask for assistance) Plus side- 2 nice people work there. Benefits are mediocre at best. I would honestly rather work anywhere else.
Disturbingly bad
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 28, 2017
They promise a lot, but don't deliver. Good people are leaving or have left the company. New managers and supervisors are clueless and make questionable decisions. My job training was terrible and had very little help in my department. It's a do more with less culture. People aren't happy in their jobs and it show in the office atmosphere. You have to be careful with what you say and who you say it to. There is a lot of talk behind peoples backs. I started looking for a new job after 6 months.
Pros
Cons
Insurance, management, training
Terrible Company
Sales & Inventory (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIApril 9, 2017
Horrible Company to work for. Branch Managers do not do their job.It is amazing this company has any customers.. STAY AWAY. Worked at this dump for 5 years.
Beware
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIApril 2, 2017
Co-workers were nice and helpful, but management need help with communication on how to do your job. Sales Reps also have an issue with guarantees to customers about their product and the driver will get the blunt end of the stick, when you show to the jobsite. Many customers don't like dealing with First Supply.
Pros
dealing with customers
Cons
Bad/no communication, no structure to management
Run away fast
accounting/office clerical (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 26, 2016
Newer mgmt. in place, nice on the outside but have no clue on how to properly make changes to better the workplace. Some co-workers should have been fired for bad mouthing other employees long ago.

There is a reason on why 2 people before and now 1 person immediately after me is gone in same dept. and attempting to hire another person again and again and again
Pros
pay
Cons
poor purchasing/accounting system, everything else as well
Average place to work.
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 8, 2016
Solid Company to work for. They don't go above the minium to try and make it a Great place to work. Which is to bad because it could be a great place to work.
Pros
Co-Workers, Customers
Cons
Average pay and benifits
average job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WISeptember 27, 2016
ok place to work could be more organized.coworkers were very helpful with learning route,could have used more training only got two days.Needed more communication between sales people and drivers.
Pros
early starts
Cons
unknown hours
Great Winning Culture
Commercial Plumbing Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 2, 2016
While my time was short with the company, there is a winning culture that is spreading throughout the organization. This is a great company that values it's people and helps them succeed.
Pros
Ability for growth, they reward successful employees.
Cons
Lots of Change recently
Enjoyable place to work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 8, 2016
Very proud to be part of First Supply LLC. Management is out of this world, they are all friendly - helpful - understanding.
You are always treated with respect.
Pros
Free popcorn and coffee
Cons
Not enough parking on site.
Fair benefits with generous PTO
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 16, 2016
Lazy supervisors will expect you to perform at high level for low pay with no training while they goof off half the day. Almost zero opportunity to advance unless you have a degree. "Glass ceiling" pay scales.
Pros
Generous PTO, varied job duties.
Cons
Low pay, short or no lunch breaks.
learning job
driver/warehouse (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIMarch 3, 2016
delivering plumbing supplies
i learned how to work with plumbing supplies
co workers were good people
the hardest part of my job was there was no overtime
the most enjoyable part of my job was learning
Pros
good people
Cons
no overtime
Alright place of work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 30, 2015
Was misinformed on the position i was being hired for. Good workplace environment with a friendly staff. Very random hours depending on position.
Pros
Having a job.
Cons
The way the drivers are treated.
Not a good place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 26, 2015
Big time micromanagement in the upper management. No real leadership in upper management. Very tight and restrictive to any kind of change or process variation. No moral at all. Never worked at a more beaten down place of work. zero moral, zero incentive and the warehouse is way underpaid for the work they do. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. If you want a job, it's a job. But you will hate the environment and be looking for something soon after you arrive.
OMG Run away fast
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 5, 2015
No set hours. Start at 6-8 am, end when ever you get done, 3-7pm. There really was no management, people there, just no one doing it. Co-workers in the warehouse very nice. Hardest part of job was trying to locate items because no one cared to put in proper places. Most enjoyable part of job, going home.
Pros
Cons
Lied to about start and end times, expected to hand 5" by 20' long stainless steal pipe by yourself.
Much potential, wrong management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WINovember 8, 2014
This company is not interested in growing the waterworks underground utility business. A lot of turnover and little support to employees.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Best thing that has happend to me was getting fired for no reason.
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIAugust 20, 2014
Don't waste your time unless your desperate for a job, pay is horrible for the amount of work you do.
Disapointed
Outside Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 7, 2014
Was dissapointed with the training they gave me. Management was not cooperative.
Pros
Freedom to be on my own
Cons
Pushed to hard for numbers in a bad economy
Freindly co-workers close to home.
Warehouse / Box & Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 22, 2014
When at work I always know what is expected.from me . I do the task saftely and correct.
Pros
Clean and safety is always a big issue.
Cons
HVAC residential and commercial sales.
HVAC Inside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 2, 2013
Established relations with both customers and vendors.
 Assisted and resolved customer requests and/or problems in a prompt and professional manner.
 Continually enhanced sales skills and product knowledge in order to promote a professional image in the field.
 Prospected for commercial HVAC projects through internet websites.
 Quoted commercial and residential HVAC bid & spec projects to contractors.
 Prepared job submittals & O&M documentation as needed. Uploaded those documents to the Submittal Exchange website as needed.
 Worked with mechanical engineering firms to get products approved on
bid & spec project addendums.
 Performed HVAC forced air and hydronic load calculations on commercial and residential projects using Wrightsoft and Uponor software. Matched HVAC products to that data using manufacturers’ product engineering data to prepare product quotes for customers.
 Determined what HVAC products would provide energy efficient and practical solutions to fit customer needs.
 Maintained a current library of reference material.
 Used telephone and e-mail communication to sell products and services, offered add-on and up-sell products that would have benefited the customer, and suggested alternative products if a customer requested product was not available.
 Certified as a Technical Service Advisor for International Comfort Products.
Fun and always a new learning experence every day
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 18, 2013
Fun and enjoy working company
Learned something new everyday with customers always a puzzle
Management I think could of been of a different choice , because I feel that Management was not experience enough for his job
My co workers were great
My hardest part of my job was trying to make all the new transfers of plumbing fixtures from one company to another we had like 27 companys
My most enjoyable part of my job was always working with new products and customers and learning all new products ,
Pros
lots of counters days
Cons
not very good insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Supply. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9