First Tech Federal Credit Union

First Tech Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Fast paced
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 30, 2016
Many skills gained with this position. Training was approximately 4 weeks. Need to know a wide range of duties, very difficult at first. Some wonderful co-workers there.

Many different work schedules Monday through Saturday.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Under staffed
We actually do have a ping pong table!
eSupport Representative (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is answering member secure messages received from their online profile. Troubleshoot login issues, Quicken issues, browser issues etc. Support the contact center with questions regarding technical issues.
Consumer Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 29, 2016
I have nothing to add about First Tech. I am thankful for the opportunity they gave me to improve my project management skills.
The IT structure is not well managed
Desktop Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 27, 2016
The culture of the Credit Union was mostly lost in a recent merger, and has become too focused on money, not serving the members. The IT management is out of touch with staff and has recently been the cause of many people in IT leaving.
Credit Unions Aren't Always Better
Unknown (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 2, 2016
Very political. Some people have had great experiences at the company but I have found it to be rife with hypocrisy. This is a company of favoritism. You don't get ahead because of performance you get ahead because people like you.

The salary is pretty pathetic with little growth potential. That being said because the salary is pretty bad at mid-tier levels finding jobs elsewhere is both fun and easy. It can't get much worse.

Management is awful and there is little in the way of accountability. The culture at First Tech is a joke. I will say though that being in a teller role or lower role there is little that is expected of you and you are paid really well so... being in a lower role I would encourage.
Pros
Good Pay of Tellers
Cons
Pretty Much Everything Else.
Would Not Recommend This Employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 25, 2016
No work/life balance. Regional Director, upper management and executive team treat branch employees very poorly. There is no one to advocate for the branches. The sign above the door might as well read "Bank of America" as it is only previous Bank of America employees that get favored and promoted at First Tech.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
Ineffective upper management, poor treatment of employees
Excellent place to work and grow
Network/VoIP Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJanuary 7, 2016
First Tech is without a doubt one of the best places I have ever had the good fortune of working at. Amazing people, excellent benefits and learning opportunities are some of the highlights of this position. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to work that offers and excellent work life balance.
Pros
Benefits, Training opportunities, Annual bonuse
Cons
Non
Awful Managment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDOctober 16, 2015
Working there was a nightmare. The Branch manager is lazy and doesn't do anything. Old disgruntled employees that don't want to help anyone or do their job because they are miserable. NO BREAKS! you'll never be told how your doing but then get yelled at about it later.

Most unprofessional place i've ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
NO BREAKS, horrible management
Might as well be a bank
Financial Solutions Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 8, 2015
FTFCU was a great place to work until upper management changed and came from a bank. They brought all of their bank mentality with them and changed the Credit Union culture. Their products are great. Tactics not so much.
Upgrated technology
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 13, 2015
I worked under 4 different managers and two were the most knowledgeable and professional also caring managers.
The work environment was always challenging with new software and new products. I enjoyed the challenge. Unfortunately, I had to quit due to family reasons.
First Tech Federal
Financial Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMay 14, 2015
Great company just heading in the wrong direction. Not very much job security. Management seems like they will fire you over anything.
Constant Change
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 8, 2014
Working here I've learned that this Credit Union is slowly turning bank. It was great at first, benefits are decent and compensation is also decent. They claim to promote from within, but it's a rarity to see. External hires don't last long and have no loyalty to the company. Management is scattered and robotic where they weren't before. Most coworkers are great, members are decent except when they make your peers so upset that they cry, and the CU does nothing about protecting their workers from verbal attacks.
Pros
coworkers, benefits
Cons
no internal promotion, constant change never consistent
Very demanding, however very rewarding place to work
Enterprise Solutions/Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 7, 2014
I've been with this employer for over 16 years and have seen many, many changes. I can honestly say that no day in my long career was ever the same. I'm a person who craves change, I need to have new stimulations on a regular basis and FTFCU offered me that. The company is large enough for lots of lateral movement as well as promotions from with in if that is what you are seeking. Overall a very solid and supportive place to work.
Pros
changing environment, good benefits and above average cu payscale.
Cons
high expectations, little work life balance.
Good company, bad management
Member service rep/accounts/vault Custodian (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 14, 2014
Overall my time at First Tech was enjoyable, mostly because I met so many wonderful coworkers. The company has the right idea as far as benefits, pto, 401k etc. The main problem was the management. Management was unprofessional, picked favorites, sexist, assigned duties that they should do themselves to other people for no additional pay, left in the middle of shifts, and were not very knowledgable. My advice, do work for First Tech, but not in the branch positions.
Pros
good benefits, good people
Cons
unprofessional management, unrealistic sales goals, low compensation.
Fast Paced Environment
Financial Solutions Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 14, 2013
A busy environment, I learned to multitask while exceeding member expectations. My team are an incredible group of member focused people. I enjoy the face to face interaction with the members.
Review of current employment
Current Employment (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 29, 2013
This is a great place to work and a stable job. My skills and knowledge of the Credit Union Industry have drastically increased. There are always opportunities available to add more knowledge and improve skills within this company. The work environment is positive and the focus on employee happiness is great. The only reason I would leave this company is due to the fact that I want to relocate to Arizona in 2014 which is the sole purpose of posting my resume. In the mean time, I have no plans of leaving this job until 2014.
Pros
job stability, 401k, medical and dental benefits, work environment
Fun workplace and great people
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 22, 2013
I love my co workers and First Tech is amazing to its employees
Great place to work, very nice location.
Consumer Loan Processor I (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 14, 2013
Very productive workplace! Learned a great deal about what and how to transfer titles in all states.
Management cares about its employees.
Great co-workers.
Work hours 9:00 to 6:00 is hardest part of the job.
Weekly staff meetings are enjoyable to me.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work hours of 9:00 to 6:00
Productive and member serving work environment
Operation Quality Assurance Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 9, 2013
Every day that I drive to work I look forward to it. I enjoy the early shift I am able to work and then get off early to be with my family. Management is supportive of work and personal life both. The hardest part of the job is the lack of advancement. People love the company and the majority of them do not move around very often.
Review
Foreclosure and REO Advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 6, 2012
First Tech is a growing company which is figuring out its identity. After merging with Addison Avenue in 2011, First Tech had some problems with a new culture and doubled size. Technology services were lacking, service was at times questionable. Management has been working hard to correct these problems and make First Tech a credit union employees can be proud to work for.
Pros
culture and co-workers are amazing. stay for the people, not the job.
Cons
short breaks, lower hourly pay, high workload for given compensation.

2.8