First Tennessee Bank Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Senior Teller/Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 7, 2016
FTB is a growing bank with a great management team, the opportunity for growth is at an all time high and they love to promote from within. Great company to work for minus the pay
Pros
Growth, Managemnt
Cons
Benefits and Pay
Did not meet expections
Clerk II, Lockbox (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 26, 2016
First Tennessee Bank was once considered a great place to work. Several people recommended the company to me before I applied. However, once I got the job, I was very disappointment. The pay rate and yearly raise rate did not meet my expectations. Also, there is very minimal room for growth.
Opportunities to help developing confidence in my abilities and dealing with a variety of people
Lead Clerk Return Items-chargbacks (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNDecember 18, 2016
A typical day was always challenging which made the job interesting. I learned how to solve the problems for banking customers and research account information, handle returned checks and charge them back to a depositors account while notifying them. I always had great respect for the management. Felt that if I had a problem I could approach them. Learned how to work in unison with my co-workers while doing data entry. Learned to work as a team member. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers while researching problems and being able to tell customers that I had found the problem and telling them that it was all proper with their accounts.
Pros
Emence learning opportunities
Cons
Stock Options
Good company
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 21, 2016
Good company to work for, good work life balance as well as benefits.

One draw back is the lack of support upper management gives.
Productive and excellent company to work for
Processor II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 2, 2016
First Tennessee is a great place to work. The diversity of the company is great, very family oriented. A typical day at work throughout the day is processing customer request, answering emails as well as other duties that may arise. My co-workers are great we all work as a team and we are team players. Everyday is a challenge with any job because there are many different situations that you must be able to handle so therefore you have to be able to have a balance to complete your task at hand. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the company allows you to have that freedom to be able to participate in other activities outside of work, the teams that I work with always ready to help out and we encourage each other throughout the day.
Pros
Company outings, free lunches
Bank Teller- First Tennessee Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38138December 13, 2016
A typical day at work for me is usually pretty easy going, but can be hectic at times.While the lobby is open, I'm obligated to not only wait on customers who enter the lobby and drive-thru, of course, but also to answer the telephone. The telephone constantly rings and sometimes we can help the person on the phone by providing information regarding their deposits, their account balance, and a plethora of other questions or concerns the phone client may have. However, at times we must refer the client to another employee in the bank such as a loan officer; customer service who handles account problems, stop payments, opening accounts, etc; the mortgage lender; or another employee to help the customer. We are required to scan, or create an electronic image of, our work at a special computer each day. All our work must be facing the same direction, not upside down, and must be neat with no staples, clips, or any other extraneous paperwork.
A large regional bank with a great culture that values diversity and inclusion and rewards meritorious contributions
Private Client Services Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is building strong relationships with clients and helping them achieve their goals through valuable financial solutions. I also enjoyed representing First Tennessee in the community. First Tennessee is an exemplary corporate citizen.
Pros
Promotes diversity and inclusion; generally friendly and warm culture
Cons
Underpays its retail banking associates
Stable workplace with potential for advancement
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNJuly 21, 2016
First Tennessee offered a stable work environment with the potential for advancement.

A typical work day consisted of interacting with customers and assisting them with their various banking needs.

The things I liked the most about First Tennessee is you had a set schedule which made it easy to plan your outside of work activities and the fact that you were dealing with different people each day so you did have some variety.

The thing I liked the least about the bank was for some reason there were a lot of clicks. If you didn't fit in some would try to make working there difficult for you.

Overall I enjoyed working at First Tennessee. It would be a great place to have a career if you like the retail banking world.
Pros
First Tennessee offers competative pay, medic and dental insurance to full time employees, paid time off and sick days.
Cons
You do have to work some weekends
Corporate downsizing
Financial Services Professional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2016
The company has gone through a series of cut backs and downsizing of a lot of good people. I have enjoyed my time there, but looking for a career change in another area of banking. I am a 19+ yr veteran in the Banking / Mortgage profession and looking to advance my career with a company that values my experience, talents, and abilities.
Could be stressful
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoyable environment but considering changes in management and expectations, Job gets overwhelming and dull. Was time for me to move on. Pay can be good, stress high.
Pros
Cold building
Cons
Stress
Good company
Credit Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 3, 2017
First Tennessee is a good company with competitive pay. They give you the tools necessary to do your job. I would recommend anyone working for First Tennessee.
Great company to work for. Corporate culture supports employee empowerment, integrity, initiative, and inclusion.
Technical Support Specialist for Banking Online (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 14, 2016
Through my 17 years with First Tennessee I gained a great deal of specific knowledge to the online banking industry. I also developed good customer service skills.
excellent company
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 20, 2016
loved my work as a financial services rep. opened new accounts for customers and sold numerous HELOC loans - was consistently part of the Presidential Club while employed there. I left as I was pursuing other opportunities
Nice environment to work.
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  TennesseeSeptember 12, 2016
Nice working environment where I got to learn a lot, dad exposure to new technologies. Management and colleagues were supportive.
Good company with strong senior management
Lead Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 19, 2016
I work on 3rd shift and a typical day varies from day to day. You never really know what type of day it will be. Some days are very busy and weekends can be more relaxed. I enjoy that there is never a dull moment. I enjoy the comradery I have with my coworkers which is the most enjoyable part of my job. Also I enjoy the pride in accomplishment I receive when I help solve or fix a problem that could be detrimental to the bank.
Pros
Stable job
Cons
n/a
Happy
Business Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Flexible hours depend on what department. A well diverse company leader in TN for offering great customer experience.
Very good place to work with very diverse culture
Business Continuity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2016
Overall it is one of the best places to work.I really have enjoyed learned about various things pertaining to banking ant IT. The overall culture of the bank is great as well.
By far the best!
Processor Participation Servicing (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2016
This was the best employer I have ever worked for! The culture was amazing! Everyone was happy. Team building a treats were always going on.
great company
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2016
willing to promote
willing to work with personal life
great supervisors
hours wasn't so good because we worked until the work was complete so no set cutoff time
Great Place
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNDecember 10, 2016
One of the better experiences that I have had working. Work days were great, the team that I worked with made the experience all the better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Tennessee Bank. Our community is ready to answer.