First Tennessee Bank Employee Reviews

Review
Insurance Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 14, 2017
I had a wonderful experience until my last role. The manager was working against me rather than for me. I had a wonderful experience for the first 17 years until I switch departments in the last 6 months I was there.
Teller position
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 10, 2017
Customer service. Most people were kind and patient. Management was unsure and unpredictable; however, most co-workers were kind and helpful. I enjoyed this job, but no room for advancement for part time hours, which was necessary for me at that time.
Pros
Customer service was enjoyable and good co-workers
Cons
Needed more pay and full time.
Not rated
Representative 111 (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 8, 2017
I started working there fresh out of college. I worked there for 24 years before my position was eliminated. Most of the seasoned performers positions were eliminated or were given a buyout.
Pretty good paced to work, nonstressful
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNNovember 7, 2017
For the most part, First TN is a great place to work. The environment isn't always slow, nor for the most part is it fact paced. There are times when you can relax, and there are times when you're taking a very late lunch.
My team was always easy to work with. No real problems or drama.
I liked the fact that when I'm at work, I'm at work. When I'm home, I'm home. For my position, there was no need to take work home with me. I could pick up upon my returning to the office.
Pros
Non-stressful
Cons
Sometimes is very slow
Productive and busy environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNNovember 6, 2017
I worked as a teller and learned a little about banking while working there. The hardest part of the job was Friday afternoon times. The most enjoyable part of the job was again meeting people.
Work
QA Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2017
It is a good place to work. With a balanced work environment. I learned alot about the software development industry as well as the banking domain. I would recommend working here.
Structured Working Environment with Good Benefits
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 1, 2017
I enjoyed my position with First Tennessee for the first couple of years. I was able to interact with various people on a daily basis while assisting them with their banking needs. Also in between assisting customers you were to interact with other employees which was nice. The only draw back was that some of the locations had employees that had been there for years and had formed tight knit groups. if you didn't fit into their group your chances for advancement there were slim and you were not treated very nicely.
Pros
Set Schedule and Health Insurance
Cons
no flexibility in scheduling, hard to advance within company
Productive and fun work place
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 20, 2017
They also had some pinball machines.
Open work environment, so it can get loud.
Team is a blast to work with, and the management is great. Free catered lunches. Great place to intern at, and likely a great place to start or continue forward in a career.
fun
Team Lead of Merchant Research / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 20, 2017
my co-workers and most of the management team were excellent to work with and for. I learned a lot in my first 7yrs in the Merchant Department before it was outsourced to Denver which allowed me to work there for 17yrs where I was placed in another position were I worked for 10yrs before being outsourced to India.
Nice place to work
HR Pension Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 10, 2017
Very relaxed environment. Not many opportunities for growth. Earnings are low compared to other companies. There is flexible scheduling. Culture is somewhat antiquated Having a hard time adjusting to millennials.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Salaries
Good place to work with advancements if you put in the effort.
Word Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNSeptember 12, 2017
Was the Administrative Assistant to the Regional President. Answered phone calls, customer service, created reports, worked with the board of directors as well as other employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the great employees.
Pros
All the great employees
Cons
Not being able to retire there.
Na
Vice President, Senior Risk Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 29, 2017
NA I do not want to provide a review and this silly program is making me provide a review. This should not be required of potential job posters or job seekers!
Management analyst
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 29, 2017
First Tennessee Bank is a good place to work. Nice and friendly environment. Analyst position was good with a very good work to life balance, as was the overall culture.
great time off
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNAugust 23, 2017
Really enjoyed working for the company but know they aren't based out of Memphis like they were before. I also enjoyed the up to date equipment and technology.
Love the job hate the company politics
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 18, 2017
I really love this job a lot. Love my co-workers and the atmosphere is positive and fun. Hate the insurance. Prescription coverage is less than desirable. You might as well not have insurance at all. I would think that being a bank they would provide better insurance for their employees.
Pros
love the job very easy and co-workers are great.
Cons
Horrible health insurance, and the attendance policy as well as other things is totally unrealistic and pathetic.
Student loan collection
Student Loan Collector (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 14, 2017
* Pleasant atmosphere.

* Helpful to students if having difficult time.

* Friendly approach to collections.

* If time off is needed, usually given if appropriate.
Pros
Excellent management; Pleasant atmosphere.
Cons
Continuous sitting.
Great Benefits
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 12, 2017
I've been at FTB for over a decade. We have great benefits and excellent work/life balance options. I have found that people who can adapt to change tend to remain at FTB longer than those who are inflexible.
Great company
Cash Letter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNAugust 8, 2017
Very good company that employs thousands nationwide, extremely stable and very successful. First Tennessee Bank is owned by First Horizon and has excellent growth potential.
I would call and find out witch branch i was going fot that day.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 8, 2017
I would get to work count my drewer, then do all the things throughout the day that a teller does. Cash and deposit checks, answer the phone, try to get customer's to openup another account or get a loan.
Pros
Liked interacting with different customer's
Cons
pay
Fast Pace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 7, 2017
Working here can be exciting. But it can also be very stressful. I can be very fast pace. People play no games about their money at all. So you have to excurse great care when running transactions.