First Tennessee Bank

First Tennessee Bank United States Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my years at First Tn. I worked with a lot of great people. I enjoyed the flexible hours the company offered.
Manger of Funding /Reconcilement (Former Employee), Memphis TnApril 3, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Health care cost
I enjoyed always learning different things from my manager. I loved that management wanted me to continue my growth. I had great employees to work with everyday. I also worked with most of them my entire career at First Tn Bank. The hardest part of my job was not being able to reward employees for their hard work. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a great group of people every day.
Enjoy employee relationships, Acquired good experience, ineffective infrastructure changes, somewhat questionable long term corporate decisions
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee), Franklin, TNMarch 20, 2015
-Normal day included client prospecting, closing business, client maintenance among other responsibilities
-I learned what works best in particular work environments for particular client bases
-Management styles differ vastly from motivating to non-effective
-Enjoyed co-workers; team mentality
Good Place to work
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: very family friendly
My overall experience was positive but they were going through a lot of reorganization when I was there so I can't say that job security is one of their strengths. But they were very family friendly, made allowances for those with children and had a friendly work environment.
Financial Services Representative
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: bank holidays, large company
Cons: local middle managements attitude
A career in the Banking industry can be a good one. Lots of changes in the industry is and increased competition from Credit Unions is causing a lot of pressure on Regional banks in smaller markets. Will management adapt or insist branches "work harder" with an out dated business model?
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Assisting customers with their accounts, ie. balances, Transfer funds, Freezing accounts. Activating and deactivating Debit cards, Account closure, Fraud intervention, Stop payments , CD quotes, investigation of account activity.
A good place to work
Loan Closing Administration Loan Closing Officer (Former Employee), Memphis TNJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: flexibility to manage personal life when needed. the flexibility to work from home when needed.
Cons: not enough insurance options. constant changes. lack of job security.
Everyday was spent prioritizing new loan assignments, answering emails, and following up on existing loans in your pipeline. During my career at FTB, I learned about 1st and 2nd mortgage loans including HELOCS. I later learned HMDA and after several years of performing the duties of a HMDA specialist, I learned how to perform all Consumer Regulations Review. My final job was learning about small business loans and some larger commercial loans including unsecured loans, non- real estate secured loans, real estate secured loans, and letters of credit. We had a close knit team that worked well with each other. The hardest part of the job was the constantly changing policies and systems in an effort to be more efficient. Most changes did not appear to be communicated to all parties involved and the system changes rarely worked as planned making it difficult to provide good customer service. It was hard constantly apologizing for the inconveniences. The most enjoyable part of the job was providing the service the lenders needed to take care of their customers. It was a satisfying day when you were able to provide them with what they needed and when they needed it.
Productive and fun atmosphere with great people
Consumer Default Servicing Manager (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: team lunches and employee activities
Cons: no changes and systems are out dated.
Steady work flow and sometimes stressful situations. Worked well with team members, employees and upper management staff.
Fun workplace
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 26, 2014
It was a great place to work with the international environment. The people are friendly to work with plus you always get pay for you holiday as well ;)
Great Benefits but not the most ideal for entry level
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free bank accounts, 401k
Cons: short breaks and intense scruitny
A typical day at work is pretty laid back, I learned quite a bit about banking and finance, a field I never imagined myself in. My coworkers were some of the best I had.
Good Experience in banking world
Teller (Current Employee), Cleveland, TN, 37312November 7, 2014
I learned how to do the transactions.
Learned more aout debit and credit.
good for a working moher,casual environment
Operations Manager (Head Teller) (Current Employee), Maryville TnOctober 21, 2014
Pros: flexable family lifestyle
Cons: no lunch most a lot of times and pay isnt good
on a typical work day I do problem solving . customer service, cash handling, management and scheduling, I also answer a multi line phone and coordinate audit duties that need to be done. I answer emails and distribute them as necessary. I have learned a great deal at First Tennessee Bank learning how to manage different types of customer situations and different ways to manage different personalities. I love my co- workers we all work good together. I would say the headrest part my job would be when we work short handed which is the most frustrating which usually means no lunch. The most enjoyable would be working with a good friend.no
First Tennessee Bank
Teller/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 16, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: compensation packages
Normal 8-5:30 job.
Great career for building relationship with clients.
Wonderful managers.
Compensation packages could be better, compared to other financial institutions their starting package are lower.
They offer multiple discounts for tickets at Fedex Forum.
They have a wonderful appreciation dinner for employees each year.
Production of work very important in quality and quanity
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee), Memphis, TennesseeOctober 13, 2014
Pros: when production is met, you are rewarded
Cons: have to stay over when others have not completed their work
I enjoy doing the different tasks we are assigned. Pulling work from mailroom to be processed, scanned, and then keyed.
Productive and challenging place to work
Treasury Management Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 13, 2014
Great company with great employees. The company encourages a culture where employees feel empowered to make decisions and help customers.
Fun
Risk Analyst/ Processor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly and fun place to work
Cons: healthcare
It's a family oriented work environment. The company has a rich history. First Tennessee strives to be number one in serving their customers.
Great People
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNSeptember 10, 2014
Great job, but banking is a Fickle environment, well at least at this company. After doing a excellent work and making sure all employees had working and functional machines, the department was outsourced without warning and sound decision from upper management.
Great job great management
TEMP (Former Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 27, 2014
Great teamwork. I learned how to work on a team. open door policeswere great with management. Fun and friendly co-workers. the team made it easy no hard parts. Always made sure i was ok with task or tasks given.
productive
Head Teller (Former Employee), Lebanon, tnAugust 25, 2014
I was head teller for the branch I worked at. Duties included: customer support, cash handling, monthly audits
Very Strict
Collector II (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 8, 2014
Pros: fast paced, learned a lot.
Cons: management were not team players and criticized constantly
A typical day at work was answering calls from customers needing to pay on their accounts. We would also see if any assistance was needed. Management was different than when I first started there. There was no time given for goofing off, no game time and it was all business. I loved my coworkers they were always willing to help with anything. The hardest part of the job was helping people and letting them know you understand, even though management was making us be hard on them. I loved talking to all the different people.
Decent place to work, but alot of stress.
Teller (Former Employee), Maryville, TNJuly 17, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: stressful
I was back-up for head teller for 8 years, but they always found someone who needed advancement more than I. I told them after being passed up a 2nd time, that if it happened again, I was gone. The young whipper snapper who was managing the branch I worked ay did not believe me, and passed me up again. I left and he was demoted.

1 2 3 4 5