First Transit Employee Reviews

great place to work
Senior CSR (Former Employee) –  Church Point, LAApril 24, 2017
First transit was an great place to work with very delightful people. great opportunities and very outstanding management skills. first transit would've have been a great step and stone for someone that's in need of a great job
the company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 23, 2017
job wasn't bad at all the pay could have been a lot more better but they had the benefits though. we had very nice busses to drive, we also had a union
Pros
being in the unoin
fast pace hustling
Lift van Driver (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 20, 2017
you get a manifest full of scheduled trips pick them up and drop them off in an appropriate time. use gps to find locations and addresses. use radio to be in contact with dispatch to help guide you with your runs.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
mandatory overtime/not knowing what time you work the next day until after 6pm
Helpfull for the customers
Driver/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2017
Upper management is unfair to employees. The hours can be too early for some. The vehicles need to be updated. too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Routes are too far apart when you are on another side of town.
fun workplace
RESERVATIONIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10002April 19, 2017
Typical day was booking trips all day for all NY riders. Constant phone work but enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was not getting sufficient wages.
Pros
overtime
great call center
Transit Control Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2017
Answering high call volume, assisting elderly and disabled clients to assure they arrive to there destinations safely. Sometimes the job was challenging when clients would call very upset due to driver not arriving on time or missing there pick up time. I enjoyed assisting clients and making there day.
Pros
good brakes
Cons
Physical fights among co workers
low moral hostel work eviroment
Safety and Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 16, 2017
teaching new students and scheudling
not to trust co-workers
low training
hand off management, hardley any direction from management
distrust between employee and management
trusting
teaching new student
Fun with coworkers
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 15, 2017
I work hard, fast,confidence,and perfect ,I have good behavior, I have more than 20 years experience mechanic
I work over hole engine, transmission, differential
I work power train,airsystem, hydraulic, electric
I
Fast paced, always lots of work to do
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 14, 2017
When I started for the company I had zero bus experience. After only a year of time I had learned enough to be given a promotion to lead tech which meant I was basically in charge of 3 other talented technicians. Over the next 3 years or so I had learned even more about the bussing industry and all of my guys strengths and weaknesses.
Pros
Shop cook outs. Great friends.
Cons
Lower than expected wages
good starter job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 13, 2017
Drive a bus transporting clients from their hotels to surrounding areas within a 5 mile radius. I learned to drive a bus and got certified through the company. Management could use some work on communication between drivers and supervisors. The hardest part of the job is when you were looking forward to your scheduled shift only to find they have changed your route or time with no advanced warning or question. The most enjoyable part of the job was the driving itself, I find it more pleasant than being behind a desk all day.
Bad culture for developers
Systems Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2017
As an application developer one needs time to crawl into the box to write complex code which takes a lot of concentration. The culture here permits very unsophisticated call center users to frequently interrupt developers with minor issues like resetting passwords, restarting computers/apps, basic computer usage etc.

Every request to take earned vacation results in push back and last minute approval or disapproval from management. After spending $3k on tickets and hotel vacation was declined. Proverbial straw that broke the back.
Pros
NA
Cons
healthcare, vacation, promotions, salary adjustments
ok
Entertainment Associate (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioApril 12, 2017
I have nothing to say at this point of time its been good but iys time to move on but when your getting under paid and not what you should be paid then its time to go after 7 years...
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
overall it was a good place to work with some friendly people and they allowed u to come to the office with any concerns with a open door policy. OI believe that they should allow more training time for those who are not ready. I will work there again it was a very stable career I just didnt get enough time to get more confortable considering I never drove buses and I was also getting familiar with Phoenix Arizona.
Pros
security
Cons
short breaks
overview
Routing and Dispatching Lead (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 10, 2017
typical day at work, being a transportation company, typically only busy during rush hour and about 30 minutes after. I learned how to better my customer service skill, the company deals with vulnerable adults and some children i also learned how to manage a team better
Pros
most employees are friendly
Cons
no breaks on weekends
low wages
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 6, 2017
low wages, poor managers. working 6 days a week mandatory overtime, getting written up for not working on my day off. didn't matter that i already had plans.
First Transist
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2017
Bus Operator; A great experience for me, meeting passengers, helping other reach their destination, and being a great support to other drivers, as well.
Pros
lay over time
Cons
Bus break downs
Nice place to work to start a driving career
Transportation Operator/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 6, 2017
Ok place to work to start driving career. The buses were not the best had several problems with the buses. Buses had several break downs.
Drivers were nice to work with and the managers were also nice to work with.
Pros
Good place to start driving career
Cons
buses were old and broke down often
Worst company to work with
Bus operator (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 6, 2017
Staff very rude , under pay no advance opportunities a lot of stress no bonuses healthcare really bad you pay almost the whole medical bill , long hrs with no brake,schedule really bad work weekends seniority order
Pros
Good for retires
Cons
Bad management, rude attitudes, low pay, healtcare to expensive
poor training
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILApril 4, 2017
Wonderful people and company to work for, the training is not formatted at all, different training from different people with too many Indians, not enough Chiefs. Guaranteed 40 hrs a week, never seen it!
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
training
The people are really nice and easy to talk to
Bus driver (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDApril 4, 2017
This is a good job for people without children. If you love working overtime this job is for you. They also give you bonuses for working certain holidays and off days
Pros
Bonus pay for certain holidays
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Transit. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval