First Transit

First Transit Employer Reviews

Daily routine
Driver (Former Employee), Capitol heights MDFebruary 26, 2015
Provide safe daily trips throughout the Transit Zone in the Washington Metropolitan region. Inspect vehicle daily prior to departing station.
Toxic work environment
Driver/Operator (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: union
Cons: management is horrible and uneducated
Great pay because of the union. Otherwise it would be a $12 an hour job with 0 benefits. Toxic work environment. Don't work for this company.
Serious Job
Driver (Current Employee), 4524 South 13th StreetFebruary 17, 2015
Enjoy the clients that we pick up. The work days can be long. I've learned and have taken away a lot from this job. I do enjoy the driving my part of the job.
Excellent
Safety Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great benefits and compensation package...
Cons: employment based on conditional sub-contracting from local governmental agencies.
A great company to work for, lots of traveling if you desired. Very amicable work environment, especially safety measures and standards.
fun job
Driver (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: nice work enviromentwork in all weather
nice place to work. enjoyed the people I met every day. union didn't
do much for me.
overnight shift
Access Van Driver (Former Employee), Bethel Park, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: management was understanding
Cons: lack of hours available
The overnight hours turned out to be too much for me. They also had no room for advancement in the position I was hired for.
Fun place to meet people
Bus Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: weather
I drove employee bus and had a wonderful time meeting everyone who worked at the airport. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with changes with the weather. No two days was the same, rarely a dull moment which was great.
They treat employees fairly.
Administration Manager (Current Employee), Arcadia, CAJanuary 9, 2015
First Transit has been a good company to work for. I have been able to utilize the skills I obtained from Chick's Sporting Goods. Unfortunately, it is contract work and when the company looses a contract your job security is precarious. My current location is a much smaller facility which is very challenging.

I really enjoy having a variety of things to do daily. It is never boring.
Great Company with opportunities to grow with the company
Moved to Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Capitol Heights, MDJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: large fleet with lots of support
Cons: long days
Oversee a fleet of 265 vehicles that travel in excess of 10 million miles a year. Contract will handle over 7000 customer pickups a day. Maintenance staff of 29 including utility staff. Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Responsible for hiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances; and handling performance reviews.
Ensure compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal and Company requirements. Ensure a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company Policies and Regulatory requirements.
Ensure that maintenance technicians are trained on current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely and cost effective manner. Supervise bus fueling. Arrange services for building and ground keeping.
Reviews repair orders .Order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work. Inventory control
Very good job if you don't have small children.
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2015
This is a good working environment if you don't have small children and can really be flexible. The schedules vary and the pay is good. The management can be a little up and down sometimes.
Coach Driver (Former Employee), Pomona, CAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: schedules are split shift/full day mixed..
Busy attention to detail is a must, on time for work and be ready for long hours.. People and great
Bus Operator
Bus Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: easy to get a job with first transit
Cons: everything
Pros: easy to get a job with First Transit.
Cons: I only worked for them one day because I lost my social security card and couldn't move forward with the class I had to wait for the next class opening, but in the meantime I got another job and didn't want to proceed with the next class so I asked for my check and they gave me the run around about how they didn't have it so i waited four days for their response and I still haven't received it. So just imagine if they can't process a check for one day worth, what would they do to you if you work with them for a long time plus the hours are not guaranteed, pay is not that good 11.72hr, and they will lie to you during the interview. My suggestion is just get your class B license and get the heck out of there before things get worse.
fun work place
Service Coordinator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2014
very nice work environment cool people to work with and love the team work and team effort
Driver
Bus DRIVER (Former Employee), Garland, TXDecember 30, 2014
Pros: meeting new people every day and getting to know some of them.
Cons: we had to clean our own uniform if i had to say sometinig.
I like the unknown of the day, I worked the extra board and it was never the same thing. I learned that I like working with people and I am a good listener. This was a some what independent job in that you are kind of on your on and you have make decisions. Most of the time Management was fair. My co-workers were like family. The hardest part of my job was there was nothing hard about the job I enjoyed every minuet of it.
Good place to work. have good co-wokers.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Santa Maria, CA 93458December 25, 2014
Pros: good thanksgiving dinners.
Cons: short breaks.
Is a good company, Good relationship with peers, and supervision.
Challenging Job
REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (Current Employee), Centennial, CODecember 22, 2014
Pros: i had the ability to make positive change
Cons: client problems were not always something i could fix
This was a challenging job not because of the technical requirements but the difficult atmosphere that I had to step into. In time the challenges were minimized and the workforce was stabilized. I enjoyed the accomplishment I gained from this job.
Rewarding
Customer Service (Former Employee), Queens, NYDecember 17, 2014
Working for this company was a rewarding experience, I enjoyed assisting people and subsequently learning of the positive outcome of my customer service.
Tenth floor trailer
Same day Scheduler (Current Employee), Denver, CODecember 13, 2014
Pros: "way to go" points redeemable for gift cards
Cons: uneccessary stress
I work for a tax payer funded service that is set up to fail on a daily basis. They utilize outdated software that cannot handle the volume of customers they serve, the staff is not trained in the basic knowledge of the city to be able to help drivers. The drivers are not trained in location to know how to navigate the city. The management only utilizes spreadsheets to determine service instead of taking in to account the personal factor needed when dealing with a delicate customer base. The office is dirty and has bugs. It is like working in a trailer on the tenth floor of a highrise building. Every department is in competition and will run down the others on a moments notice. Company refuses to give raises or offer advancement opportunities.
fun place to work
transit bus driver (Current Employee), Framingham, MANovember 28, 2014
Pros: dealing with peoples
Cons: no break
being on the road for a long with no break and working split shft
Good equiptment to operate
Para transit Driver (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2014
Pros: meeting great people
Cons: healthcare benefits not great. the union not what union use to be!
Very busy. I learned that there are alot of elderly and disabled people, They can be fragile. Most co-workers were great. Management was management. the hardest part of the job was losing a regular client because of their illness. The best part was seeing how these people recovered from their illness.

1 2 3 4 5