First United Bank and Trust Employee Reviews in United States

Good job with benefits for the area I reside.
Call Center Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Oakland, MDOctober 4, 2015
Good job with health benefits, sick days, personal days and vacation, for the area I reside.
Supervisor is fair and easy to work with.
Pros
Paid sick days and vacation as earned.
Cons
Our office due to phone coverage, some days off can be challenging.
Stressful Work Place
BSA Specialist (Current Employee) –  DurantAugust 18, 2015
I have been at this bank for 8yrs and have had multiple supervisors due to being moved because of my job duties. I have never had the issues or complaints with my other supervisors as I have had with the current one. The atmosphere is very high school he said / she said and the HR department isn't here to help the employees with issue with their supervisors.

Before my current supervisor I loved my job and the people I worked with. I have performed the following duties in the 8yrs:

Item Processing - Ran T-9 Machine when bank was still on manual process, helped with the upgrade to electronic processing.

Teller Balancing - Balanced Teller Outages Daily

Gift/Travel Cards - Issued to branches, Balanced Account

Trained as Back Up for - Holds

CTR Processing
Pros
Gym at Bank
Cons
HR does not stand up for employees against supervisors; supervisors are vengful if reported against.
upward mobility
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 24, 2015
first united notices hard workers and there's room to move up. good opportunities. expectations for involvement may be a little high. good benefits. good coworkers. management is approachable and helpful.
Falsely Advertise a Family-Based Culture
Mortgage Government Underwriter II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 28, 2015
I was laid off after 8 months of dedicated work with no explanation. I was engaged with wedding plans and a deposit on a honeymoon to Hawaii. They preached a strong family-based culture, and it was a complete fa├žade. I would never recommend working here for this reason. Also, the management was horrible. There were too many managers and very little communication.
Pros
pay/commission
Cons
everything else
bad management, no communication
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDDecember 26, 2014
Customers are great, loved the job itself and my coworkers. my direct supervisor was awesome, but the upper management was awful. no communication, no guarantee of a lunch break,no chance for advancement.
Pros
good coworkers and customers
Cons
upper management
Stable workplace
Financial Services Corporate Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Durant, OklahomaNovember 11, 2014
A typical day at work consists of reconciliations, appraisal invoice research, accounts payable, commission statement postings, review of GL accounts. I have learned mortgage/financial services accounting. The management team is open to suggestions and willing to make changes for a better working environment. My co-workers are great to work with. The most time consuming part of my job would be researching appraisal invoices. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with.
Great staff of people at my branch and 8 good years there.
Commercial Loan Assistant for President (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMay 13, 2014
Overall FUB is a good place to work due to the people and the customers. The infrastructure is not established as well as it should be in the way of following protocol throughout the branches, but overall the company is good.
Pros
great people and customers
Cons
not enough support staff
Great employees, bad management and organization
Bank Branch Manager/Teller (Former Employee) –  Oakland, MDDecember 30, 2013
A typical day was fast paced and busy, i feel i handle these types of situations well. The employees were fun and outgoing an overall great group of people to work with. The best part of jobs were the returning customers, which many i am still friends with in the community
Pros
good benefits, holiday and sick leave and pay
Cons
not enough help, downsizing, bad communication between offices

2.9