FIRST UNITED BANK Employee Reviews in United States

Overall good place to work
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2015
Overall I really like working for First United.

There are a few things I would change, as with any job. Management in some areas could use a change. Health insurance premiums have been rising the last couple of years.

I really like the overall atmosphere. I feel like I can be open about myself and my faith with my boss. I started as a peak time Teller and have been able to move up into loans. I really like that I can advance here and have a future. I get along with all my coworkers. I like that the company is big enough to have a future and opportunities but small enough to still hold a bank-wide annual meeting.
God First, Family Second, Work third. They state it but do not practice it
Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 14, 2015
High turn over, poor training. Depends on the division and location. There are a few professional leaders that do lead by example however in several divisions management is hostile by not only degrading their employees but clients and customers as well. No open door policy. If you end up in a hostile division....start looking elsewhere.

They do have some good features like healthy living, on site gym and healthy choices cafe. An open door policy and training services for employees would be helpful as well as training for Sr.Management wanting to run a boot camp.
Pros
Healthy lunches, on site gym
Cons
Sub quality insurance benefits, poor training
Overall a fun, relaxing place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working here because of the comfortable atmosphere. The co-workers made it fun also. I quit working here so I could focus on my degree.
I saw no opportunity for advancement at this bank.
Mortgage Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKMay 19, 2015
I was the mortgage filing clerk and the proof operator. I was very accurate with a 10-key, which was necessary for coding in the amounts of deposits and checks.
Family style business; well respected Oklahoma family owned bank.
Govt. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2014
Lots of work, busy all the time. Multiple turnover in Underwriting management. Poor choices of selecting managers, I had 5 underwriting managers in 4 years. Co workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job that training was available but many did not take serious which affected others in their jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management turnover
Nice company that makes you feel like family.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILSeptember 2, 2014
This company was very family oriented and cared a lot of their employees and though the company was taken over by Old Plank Trail Bank, they still care very much for their employees. Managers go out of their way to communicate how I am doing on a week to week basis. I start off early in the day, 7 A.M., beginning by checking out the facility for any problems. As the day goes on, I need to check on all 13 facilities for any issues they might be having. My co-workers try to look for things that need addressing and contact me if anything comes up. The hardest part of my job is trying not to let things slip through the cracks and with 13 branches, it happens sometimes. The fun part of my job is one day is never the same as the previous.
Pros
healthcare
Current teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Durant, OklahomaMarch 17, 2015
Great Culture and strong leadership. First United seeks to better their customers through any aveune possible. On the teller line you can except to have long days and slow days.
Pros
semi-annual bonus
Cons
low hourly pay.
Family, Friendly, Professional Bank
Exemption Item Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKFebruary 26, 2014
I started with FUB in 2001 as a teller, and then was promoted to vault teller and ATM clerk and then EIP supervisor. Worked with customers and teller transactions. I learned to be an effective leader and a professional. You really got a great sense of importance from management, they made me feel very proud and successful with all the jobs that I performed. I made a lot of long lasting relationships with my co-workers friendly and professional environment. The hardest part of the job was learning on-line services when we were using sharp calculators for so long but I was very adaptable. Working in a small town knowing a lot of the community and volunteering.
Pros
career opportunities
Cons
i moved away
Long days
Teller II/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 23, 2013
Go into work, set up teller drawer, help customers with different transactions, move to drive thru when lobby closes, work until close. Shut down bank, close vaults, enable security system. Most enjoyable part of my job is helping customers. Hardest part of my job is dealing with irate customers.
Pros
company has great core values
Cons
mismanagement of scheduling, organization, long hours.
Amazing Place
Teler (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 14, 2015
A wonderful well down to earth place to work. Such great customers, co-workers, and great management.
Would not have wanted to work anywhere else.
Pros
great everythin
Cons
nothin
Dynamic organization
Vice President - Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Crete, ILJanuary 14, 2013
Great opportunity to learn. I manage 17 employees and have worked with some outstanding individuals. I was able to attend the Graduate School of Banking. The hardest part of the job was not being able to save our company from failure, as we were taken over by the FDIC.
Pros
great prior managemet team
Cons
fdic takeover
Good place to work, recent management changes have made difficult transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2014
The promotion of the company culture is a positive, they strive to make you feel like part of the group and the people are very friendly and supportive for the most part. New management structure over the past year has pushed the bank from a family oriented personable bank to a number crunching bank so the identity of being the neighborhood bank is being washed away with larger bank mentality. The pressure to make numbers is evident now more than ever where as prior to new management it was "take care of the customer and their needs, numbers take a back seat" to now its "Make your numbers or else, but also take care of the customer" My day is spent communicating with officers to seek out opportunity of potential business. I love going to my office and working with my department but unfortunately that is changing due to new management. The pressure to make goals wouldn't be as bad if they offered higher salary/incentive along with the added pressure.
Pros
great staff, good culture
Cons
low incentive/pay, no opportunity for advancement
Special Assets Group
Vice President Special Assets Officer (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, ILJuly 1, 2012
Manage the portfolio of problem loans. Modify, foreclose or perform short sale on properties. Complete workout plans, 114's and other reports as required.
Excellent communication, time management required.
Loan Administrator (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILMay 2, 2013
Fantastic staff, willingness to help at any time. Friendly and professional.
Pros
fun, relax environment with friendly staff.
Cons
staff reduction
Great starting position, fun atmosphere, good learning environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 21, 2013
Knowledgable co-workers and supervisors, fun atmosphere, good balance of a team-based and individual environment.
Enjoyable
Mortgage (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Benefits not the greatest but nice offices. Supervisors lack a little bit of but are supportive for the most part.
A great place to work
Mortgage Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 1, 2013
First United Bank is concerned about the welfare of their employees and customers and has great values.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDFebruary 19, 2013
Great people and a very friendly environment, customers made the job fun
Closed
teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 26, 2013
Poor management. Ownership was unpredictable and work environment was hostile.