FIRST UNITED BANK Employee Reviews

Family oriented
Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  Dimmitt, TXMarch 28, 2017
As the operations manager, it was my job to reconcile and audit all of the teller drawers. Back up receptionist for lunch breaks or absences. Filled in as a teller when the need arose.
Pros
Great family oriented group of people
Cons
No overtime
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILMarch 23, 2017
First United Bank was a great community bank it's sad to know they no longer exist like so many small town banks! I miss the environment and the staff!
Amazing place to work and great people!
DATA ENTRY/PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 14, 2017
I would come in toward the end of the day and for the first couple of hours I would be doing data entry. After the banks closed and everyone else left I would start the nightly processing. I did this Monday through Friday for over two years. At this job I learned how to become fast and efficient at data entry. I also learned the nightly processing procedures. The people I worked with were amazing. If I ever needed help I could call my manager even after they had left for the day. The workplace culture was very calm and almost never hectic. There never really was a hard part of this job in my opinion. They worked around my school schedule and as i pointed out everyone i worked with was extremely nice. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people we would always celebrate birthdays and overall the people were like family.
Pros
Worked around school schedule, great co-workers, good management, good job security.
Cons
n/a
In the end
Bank Teller I/Back-up Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 24, 2017
I was highly satisfied with the job but disappointed in my branches end result of management choices. I could have possibly seen myself here for the future of my career had it not been for the broken promise of what I was promised when hired in and then getting looked over for a full time position because the people getting hired in were friends of management not once but twice.
Pros
job satisfation
Cons
management, lack of professionalism, favoritism
Daily Bank Duties
Senior Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parker, CODecember 20, 2016
Customer service help customers with account issues. Opened new personal and business accounts, trained new tellers, worked daily reports.
Pros
hours
Cons
Good first time job for students in college
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 25, 2016
Fast paced environment where you will be expected to engage with customers daily while assisting them in their monetary transactions. You are expected to cross sell to further the company's growth while maintaining a professional attitude.
Family oriented, excellent work/life balance, great benefits and compensation
Human Resource Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 20, 2016
First United Bank was an excellent place of work. The employees were great and so were the board of directors.
The bank was bought and sold
Fun place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, KYOctober 12, 2016
Good place to work, privately owned by investors so they were able to make decisions there. Good hours and working conditions . Management was great to work for , vacations good
Pros
Hours and workdays
Cons
Work could be stressful
Family Group of People
Loan Imaging Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 23, 2016
The office staff was like family.I was always so grateful to be surrounded by management who understood the importance of family needs. This was a very low stress work environment. I always enjoyed the holiday events that were furnished by the company that allowed us all to become very close as a team and a family.
Pros
family oriented management, steady paced work flow, friendly staff
Cons
low compensation
Productive and fun
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Seagraves, TXAugust 11, 2016
A typical work day includes handling over thirty customers with many different type of transactions. I worked with a great group of people and loved my job.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
No cons!
Former Employee
Former member (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 27, 2016
Great company but management are not what they appear to be. Very misleading. Lack of Training and Effort. Time i spent at this location the lead was suppose to train me and didn't . I would have to call/ email her and she didn't answer. She only trained me for about 30 minutes twice and i was approached by my supervisor to have everything down within a week. I emailed her to inform her that i wasn't getting trained and she said, she would get with the lead. And a week later the lead came up and sat with me for a hour. And that was my last day with the company.
Pros
Great Company to work for
Cons
Very Miss leading with managment
good values, family friendly
AVP (Current Employee) –  Durant, OKJanuary 19, 2016
I appreciate that FUB is a faith rooted, family friendly business. Small enough to not feel like a number and large enough to advance professionally.
Pros
Cafe at Corporate, Fitness center, friendly & professional environment
Cons
stressful, lots of deadlines
Overall good place to work
Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2015
Overall I really like working for First United.

There are a few things I would change, as with any job. Management in some areas could use a change. Health insurance premiums have been rising the last couple of years.

I really like the overall atmosphere. I feel like I can be open about myself and my faith with my boss. I started as a peak time Teller and have been able to move up into loans. I really like that I can advance here and have a future. I get along with all my coworkers. I like that the company is big enough to have a future and opportunities but small enough to still hold a bank-wide annual meeting.
God First, Family Second, Work third. They state it but do not practice it
Commercial Lender (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 14, 2015
High turn over, poor training. Depends on the division and location. There are a few professional leaders that do lead by example however in several divisions management is hostile by not only degrading their employees but clients and customers as well. No open door policy. If you end up in a hostile division....start looking elsewhere.

They do have some good features like healthy living, on site gym and healthy choices cafe. An open door policy and training services for employees would be helpful as well as training for Sr.Management wanting to run a boot camp.
Pros
Healthy lunches, on site gym
Cons
Sub quality insurance benefits, poor training
Overall a fun, relaxing place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Durant, OKJuly 8, 2015
I really enjoyed working here because of the comfortable atmosphere. The co-workers made it fun also. I quit working here so I could focus on my degree.
I saw no opportunity for advancement at this bank.
Mortgage Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seminole, OKMay 19, 2015
I was the mortgage filing clerk and the proof operator. I was very accurate with a 10-key, which was necessary for coding in the amounts of deposits and checks.
Current teller
Teller (Current Employee) –  Durant, OklahomaMarch 17, 2015
Great Culture and strong leadership. First United seeks to better their customers through any aveune possible. On the teller line you can except to have long days and slow days.
Pros
semi-annual bonus
Cons
low hourly pay.
Amazing Place
Teler (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 14, 2015
A wonderful well down to earth place to work. Such great customers, co-workers, and great management.
Would not have wanted to work anywhere else.
Pros
Great Everythin
Cons
Nothin
Good place to work, recent management changes have made difficult transition
Vice President (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 30, 2014
The promotion of the company culture is a positive, they strive to make you feel like part of the group and the people are very friendly and supportive for the most part. New management structure over the past year has pushed the bank from a family oriented personable bank to a number crunching bank so the identity of being the neighborhood bank is being washed away with larger bank mentality. The pressure to make numbers is evident now more than ever where as prior to new management it was "take care of the customer and their needs, numbers take a back seat" to now its "Make your numbers or else, but also take care of the customer" My day is spent communicating with officers to seek out opportunity of potential business. I love going to my office and working with my department but unfortunately that is changing due to new management. The pressure to make goals wouldn't be as bad if they offered higher salary/incentive along with the added pressure.
Pros
Great Staff, good culture
Cons
low incentive/pay, no opportunity for advancement
Family style business; well respected Oklahoma family owned bank.
Govt. Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 5, 2014
Lots of work, busy all the time. Multiple turnover in Underwriting management. Poor choices of selecting managers, I had 5 underwriting managers in 4 years. Co workers were great to work with. Hardest part of the job that training was available but many did not take serious which affected others in their jobs.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Management turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST UNITED BANK. Our community is ready to answer.