First United Methodist Church Employee Reviews

I enjoy teaching the children,and watching them grow
Daycare Teacher (Current Employee), 6701 JFK Boulevard, NLR AR 72116August 25, 2015
Pros: Sick leave, vacation time, inclement weather with pay
Cons: no health benefits
I have a productive day as far as taking care of the children by meeting their needs. I've learned how to use management skills in high and low stress volume periods. I have had some difficult co- workers, and that has been the hardest part of the job.
Making a difference is a plus!
Christian Education Director (Current Employee), Humble, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Working with Students
Cons: pay is not adequate
Great adventure of bringing students from various backgrounds into one classroom and making a difference for them and for me!
Behind the scenes assistant in Student Ministry.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Georgetown, TXAugust 18, 2015
Have worked under several different supervisors.Variety of responsibilities, good co-workers and flexible work schedule.
Entertaining, fun, and creative job
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Part time, free lunches, ability to use creativity
Cons: Demanding, sick children
Singing, reading, dancing, and laughing. Working as a preschool teacher at FUMC was hectic and wild but at the end of each day,
Wonderful Organization
Director of Local Missions (Former Employee), Shreveport LAAugust 16, 2015
Challenging, meaningful experience. Caring, wonderful co-workers. Learned a great deal about working with multiple socioeconomic sectors of the community. Days filled with variety of challenges.
Religious but modern work enviroment
Babysitter (Former Employee), Yuma, AzAugust 10, 2015
Religious but modern work environment. Many little kids and pay wasn't fair enough for the amount of kids and time. Overall I loved working for them. Hopefully I'll continue this season.
It is a fun place to work and I really have a strong passion for what I teach. Excellent staff, and members. I love it!
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Appleton, WIAugust 5, 2015
Pros: The staff take good care of me.
Cons: It always seemed as though I am working from members, even if I am in church on Sunday.
I work closely with the property manager, my supervisor and good friend. During renovation, light construction, I am a part of the decision making and a contact person. I do a lot of the light maintenance.
Plenty of chance to be creative
Multimedia Specialist (Current Employee), Morristown, TNAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Wonderful pastors
Cons: Not enough hours
First United Methodist is a great environment to use my innovative creativity and express the love of God to those in the community, nation, and world.
Great
Tech Team Member (Current Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 1, 2015
Love working here. Everyone is very inviting and welcoming. As a tech team member I am responsible for running the stage and house lights during service. I only work on Sunday morning.
Work with New Born babies thru 6th grade.
Administrative Assistant - Childrens Ministries (Former Employee), Heber Springs, ARAugust 1, 2015
Churches do not run themselves! A lot of people have to be involved and I made the schedules. Spent a lot of time on the phone texting and emailing. The people that I worked with were great and a blessing.
Best Church Singing Job anyone could ask for
Section leader (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 27, 2015
Lamar Drummons is an inspiration to choral music. Singing at FUMC has been one of my favorite parts of living in BR. If you can get an audition, sin your heart out!
Great talking to people
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Artesia, NMJuly 24, 2015
I'm a people person and love the day to day interaction. Love the hours as well. Independence is also a plus. Hardest part of the job is food pantry day. Hard to see how many children go hungry in our community and no one seems to care.
good working place
turn key (Former Employee), 33112 Grand River Avenue, Farmington Mi 48336July 17, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: NA
Good place to work,people are friendly, kind and caring,good working conditions. I would recommend it to anyone that needs a job.
Wonderful congregation to work with and very accommodating.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Blackwell, OKJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Working with church members and taking care of them.
Cons: Difficulty working with new pastor and watching the church members suffer.
I would start my day with accounts receivable and accounts payable. I learned how to work with different accounting systems and how to submit tax paperwork for a non-profit business. The reason I left was because of management. The pastor they hired after I started was very difficult to work with and very rude to the congregational members. The hardest part of the job was trying to work with the new pastor and the 30 minute drive everyday. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the members and spending time with them.
A wonderful place of support and inspiration.
Financial Secretary (Current Employee), Plattsmouth, NEJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Being with people of faith.
I work part-time for the church tracking donations and overseeing the weekly counters. During the time that I have been tracking this information I have worked to refine the process and created a new database.
These duties is accomplished in my own time, but with the need to provide reports in a specified time frame.
Very positive work environment
Financial Secretary (Former Employee), Stephenville, TXJune 15, 2015
This position allowed me to meet some of the kindest people I have encountered. There is always plenty of encouragement and willingness to help.
Great church
Director of Thrift Store (Former Employee), Fort, Myers, FlJune 15, 2015
Great experience, I enjoy it very much and wish that the store was not seasonal so that I could stay for a long time. I helped a lot of homeless people. Fed them and gave them clothes. It was very satisfying to me.
Quit place and very helpful supervisor
Volunteer (Current Employee), Temple City, CAJune 11, 2015
I am a volunteer in this church doing auditing, I am having a new skills working with these nice staff, they are very helpful and cheerful.
Recovery program
Ministry Leader (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: helping others
Cons: no cons
I run groups such as 101 and small groups. I schedule all teaching and testimonies. Order stuff and help with clients who need to talk.
This is a great work environment with a family to work ration
Youth Director/ Head sound technician (Current Employee), Levelland, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: It is a job that is not only fun but life changing
Cons: It is difficult becuase anytime you work with people there are difficulties.
I have learned how to work with people which I think is an invaluable skill. I also have gained great experience in planning and working through the details that are so important in planning. The hardest part of this job is keeping everyone involved happy and satisfied. To help large groups find compromises with one another.