First United Methodist Church Employee Reviews

In general it was a nice place to work. Positive environment.
Nursery Worker (Former Employee) –  6701 J.F.K Blvd, NLR, AR 72116January 9, 2017
In a typical day, you show up and watch kids with one other person. I learned positive reinforcement while at this job. Management was friendly, co-works were nice. The worst part about the job was that it was a bit unprofessional. You would be called in the morning being asked to come in in 10 mins because someone didn't show up. The best part about the job was spending time with the kids and seeing them grow.
Pros
Slow paced, positive environment
Cons
Few hours, too lax
Fun working with the people of this church.
Secretary- bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Hannibal, MODecember 15, 2016
I wrote newsletters and bulletins for two churches each week. I started on Monday and mailed them on Wednesday. I gave out food to needy people from the food pantry. I typed out reports for the pastor for the Southern Methodist Convention, paid bills and answered the phone.

The pastor was very nice to work for and helped me out whenever I needed it. We got along nicely.

The hardest part was having to carry about 200 newsletters over to the post office to be mailed.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
The changing of the pastors after 2 years.
Very Porductive
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MODecember 15, 2016
Supervised students in classrooms, halls, cafeterias, school yards, and gymnasiums, or on field trips
Discuss assigned duties with classroom teachers to coordinate instructional efforts
Instructed and monitored students in the use and care of equipment and materials to prevent injuries and damage
Distributed teaching materials, such as textbooks, workbooks, papers, and pencils to students
Quiet and spiritual
Administrative Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 17, 2016
Love the job, but looking to obtain full-time employment. A typical day at work is coming into the office turning on the computer. Checking email and voicemail. Answering any questions the volunteers may have of me. Starting on PowerPoint presentations and or Publisher bulletins. In between all of that, I also answer the telephone and door. I have lunch when time permits. I finish other work until it is time leave for the day.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Best Environment Ever to work in.
Bookkeeper/Office (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALDecember 13, 2016
Such a peaceful place to work, loving folks who only want the best for you. Always something going on in all seasons. Daycare connected next to Church so kids coming and going, stopping by office to say hi. Work at a nice pace but completed always in plenty of time.
Pros
Loving, happy place.
Cons
People in need come because the Church is their last hope, so sad.
A traditional church with an eye to growing in the future.
Community Involvement/Volunteering (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 5, 2017
This is a traditional church that is growing into the future. Offering a more contemporary service as well as traditional service offerings. There is a HUGE emphasis on community involvement and making a real, impactful difference in our neighborhood as well as the wider world.
Great job! Part time
Part time Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXDecember 23, 2016
Great part time supplemental job! Great people, and work is rewarding.

Wonderful opportunity to work with children, and learn more about them.

Training is provided, and background checks are performed.

Staff appreciation is showed.
Pros
Not micro managed, geat Christian Environment
Cons
only part time, no benefits
I learned so much from this job most esp. how to handle being under pressure, multi-tasking and I love the people that I work with.
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNOctober 27, 2016
Love the job itself and the people that I work with. Multi-tasking is definitely fun and management are very considerate and very fair, I wish I could turn back the clock and did not resign.
Pros
can go out anytime
Cons
facing rough people
a childcare day at church
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 2, 2016
a typical day at work was kind of easy. i learned that not everyone is going to respect you. the management was amazing. my co-workers were sometimes challenging. the hardest part of the job was watching the infants. the easiest part was helping the adults.
Pros
free money
Cons
salary
Great work environment with incredible staff
Communication Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Robinson, ILOctober 3, 2016
First United Methodist Church in Robinson, IL is a wonderful place to work. The staff is friendly and easy to work with, and even though I am only part time, I feel like part of a team. My position in particular was part time and I could work from home, so it gave me flexibility in my hours.
Great work environment, minimal turnover of my employees
Director of Preschool and Children's Ministries (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, AL 35640August 10, 2016
i enjoy working in the church environment. Overall team is excellent and work enviironment is very comfortable. Most of my employees in the preschool have worked there for several years with very little turnover.Typically I meet and greet parents and children. Supervise classrooms, work on plans for Sunday and Wednesday night activities, scheduling, take calls, and work on financials I attend church staff meetings as well as conduct teacher meetings.
Pros
Working in a Christian environment
Cons
No health insurance, low pay
wonderful church
Director of Nursery Services (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, TXJanuary 16, 2017
FUMC Midlothian has an amazing youth program for ellis county children and teens as well as a preschool at the church called Gods Garden, employment is relaxed and enjoyable.
Pros
Small intimate core group of staff
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement
Fun and personally fulfilling work environment
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCAugust 30, 2016
I love working with kids and this was a great opportunity to do it. The staff was friendly and enjoyed their jobs. Through this experience, I learned how to work with kids and how to handle difficult conversations with parents when the kids had misbehaved.
Pros
Great environment, wonderful staff
Cons
N/A
Very fun place to work
Band Member (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 8, 2017
The people I have worked with at the First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables have taught me so much and have helped me grow as a person. I loved going to service to work every week and am only taking a break now because of an injury.
Pros
Flexible hours
First United Methodist Church Review
Greeter (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 28, 2016
The Job Is Fun, I learn a lot, my co workers are nice, the job isn't hard at all, I enjoy everything about the job. I sometimes don't agree with the church on somethings but I have to do what they tell me and follow the rules. For The Most Part I really Enjoy the job.
Is my church so it was worth it.i
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Just couldn't physically keep up physically. It's a big church and alot to do. Had alot of vacuuming of steps and the sanctuary as well. Also moping. And a walk around every night.
Pros
Wonderful friends
Cons
To much
Great place to meet people and organizations in the community.
Director of Children's Ministries (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYAugust 18, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting people to ways they could serve in the church, the community, and the world. Watching them grow on their life path to serve others and grow personally was a highlight of my job.
Wonderful congregation
Choir Accompanist/Director (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLOctober 27, 2016
The Pastor and the congregation treated me like family. They are a wonderful group of people. The choir could use some youth and new members. The director does the best she can with limited resources.
productive, fun, a place to grow up in a spiritualy way
Member of the worship team (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXAugust 18, 2016
you have to deal with different people's personalities, be able and willing to interact with people no matter racial, culture or age. I learned values, to improvise when something went wrong and never give up, to trust God over all things
fun work place with stress free enviroment
Daycare Provider (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IANovember 29, 2016
loved it really enjoy working in a daycare environment and working with children been involved with kids for over 3 years and find it beneficial kids seem to like me as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First United Methodist Church. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4