FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH

FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH Employer Reviews

Child care
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 14, 2014
Pros: high demand
Cons: short breaks
Child care with high demand, high staff turnover and high stress
Allows me to exercise many different aspects of my skills
Director of Discipleship (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARMarch 6, 2014
Pros: rewarding work
Cons: little downtime
Responsible for many different things
Allows me to use a lot of different skills
Essentially you have 3000 bosses
The working environment was great. Working with kids was a rewarding experience.
Medford Beginning English Handbell Director (Current Employee), Medford, OregonMarch 1, 2014
In a typical day of work, I help a teacher manage and teach bible lessons to kids. I have learned how to discipline kids in a positive way, leading kids in activities, and how to communicate with children. how to play English handbells, and lead a youth group. My co-workers were reliable and hardly missed a day of work. They also were very commited – more... to the children's program at my church. One of the hardest parts of the job was to give consequences to a child that misbehaves. Discipline is a very skill to teach. – less
Teacher working with beginner walkers
Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARFebruary 4, 2014
• Assisted in the needs of the organization
• Answered phones as needed
• Organized my effort towards the learning process
• Coordinated Parent orientations programs and Student Award Ceremonies
Fun learning experience in the food service area
Kitchen Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MOJanuary 21, 2014
Don't work for pay, just as a help to my mom who is the kitchen supervisor.
Nursery Manager
Sunday School Teacher/Nursery Care (Current Employee), Williamstown, WVJanuary 20, 2014
An Excellent group of people to work with. No day is the same. Plan daily activities and keep children entertained.
Excellent place of worship
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee), Loveland, CoJanuary 10, 2014
I have been a volunteer at First United Methodist church for years with the youth group.
Working with children comes naturally to me since I have been a stay-at-home-mom for 10 years
Childcare worker (Former Employee), Richardson, TXJanuary 2, 2014
I knew the staff of the Childcare Development Center at First United Methodist Church from having a newborn who I trusted with the care of this caring staff. After my son entered elementary school, I was asked to work with the staff. I enjoyed caring for friends' babies and preschool aged children.
Youth Director
Youth Director (Former Employee), Perrysburg, OHDecember 31, 2013
Developed a youth program for a UMC that was exhilarating, fun, and Christ centered for the youth. The ministry position fell through eventually through lack of funding from the church for a youth director.
fun work atmosphere
Assistant Director (Former Employee), crossville, tnDecember 11, 2013
the child care program was a great place to work. great co workers and parents. overall fun time
Receptionist
Receptionist / Nursery Worker (Current Employee), Sebring, FLDecember 4, 2013
Receptionist Job Responsibility are Answer phone pleasantly and helpfully; screen out sales call appropriately, Greet people who come in the office and assess their needs, helping as able. Keep church calendar of scheduled events; give Trustees packet to person signing up on the calendar and advise them to return it to designated trustee. Register Pastor – more... for clergy meetings held quarterly, Keep proper records, including contact information, for those who call church office, Build weekly bulletins and monthly newsletter.
Nursery Job Responsibility are nurture and care for children while parents are at church. – less
love working with children, Family friendly work place
Child Development (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 26, 2013
Pros: family friendly work place, love my co-workers and the children.
Cons: not enough hours
I am a lead teacher for two year old class. I am in charge of all daily activities. I write lesson plans, communicate with parent as well as implementing school curriculum. I enjoy my work and not planning to leave.
Fun Workplace
Music Intern (Former Employee), Waco, TXNovember 14, 2013
It was good to be given the opportunity to use my skills in music and make money while I was in school. Overall a great job for a student.
Classroom Teacher Aide
Preschool teacher and office assistant (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALNovember 14, 2013
Pros: child went for free
Cons: parttime
I worked at my son's preschool. It had great benefits as far as being a mother. I love to work with children and learned a lot from my job at the preschool.
A good Christian place
Sunday school Teacher/Paid Staff (Former Employee), Killeen, TXNovember 12, 2013
It was nice to be able to teach kids about God and to share that love with them. However, not all the coworkers shared that appreciation.
Great Experience with Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 30, 2013
Great people to work with, great getting to know people from other churches, learned a lot about team work.
stressful political environment; senior pastor has pets; pastors do not know how to manage
Business/Finance Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, AROctober 18, 2013
Pros: church members and a few church staff who put up with being treated less important
Cons: pastors' inability to manage, administrate, and treat employees equally
Overall, not a good place to work. However, the church has many good people who volunteer much time and money. The compensation is good if you're in "ministry" (i.e. ordained); however, regardless of your professional credentials, you will not be treated as important without being ordained. The values are mixed--you hear much about values, but you do – more... not witness values being important. The politics of church are worse than any other place I've worked! Job security is good, if, you go along with whatever the senior pastor desires. If you have a different opinion, be ready to find new employment. Management, LOL, what management. Pastors are taught how to manipulate people. They receive no education in managing or administrating people. Work/Life Balance appears good at first, but when you find yourself not even being able to worship God at your own church because the pastor always want you working, you will soon change your opinion. Must be "on-call" 24/7 but you do not get compensated for it unless you are ordained. – less
Enjoyed seeing the growth of church in the community.
Secretary to pastor (Former Employee), West Plains, MOOctober 16, 2013
Pros: always upbeat.
Cons: had to leave, moved out of area.
Gave me many responsibilities, including keeping schedule for a community center. I spoke with many organizations of the city.
A great place to know people and create a culture of growth.
Senior Pastor (Current Employee), Natchitoches, LAOctober 4, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and differing tasks
Cons: those hours take up family time
A minister is a jack of all trades. On a given day there might be a counseling session, employee matter, financial decision, a visit to talk about planning giving, sermon and lesson preparation, and the unforeseen wedding or funeral.

Each day is unique and each day finds its own rewards and challenges.
Great People