First United Methodist Church

First United Methodist Church United States Employee Reviews

a typical day
Preschool Director (Current Employee), Independence, KSApril 7, 2015
Meet & greet students and parents as they come in the door. Next, start teaching preschoolers music, counting and letters. Next, serve a healthy snack, then play games with children. Next, helping the preschoolers with an art activity, then dismissal.
great job
Church Organist (Former Employee), Wagoner, OKMarch 30, 2015
I loved working for the church and all the great people I got to work with. I will always work for the church, just love the environment.
Good Place
Director of Family Ministry (Former Employee), East PeoriaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Church
Cons: Very old Church
Older church it was tough to grow average age was 65 or better, and we tried hard to implement a contemporary service, but we did not have the assets.
Enjoyable, Church based Day School
Teacher/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXMarch 27, 2015
I am a Substitute Teacher and an Office Assistant at a church based Day School. I work about a 5-6 hours in the morning shift 3 days out of the week. My job consist of providing as much care and knowledge to the children of all ages and organizing, filing, and running errands when needed for the front office. My co-workers are all Teachers who teach children of all ages from 3 months up to Kindergarten. The hardest part of my job is when a child or a few children who are disengaged during a learning session. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I am able to teach the children and knowing they are having fun as well.
A fantastic internship experience
Music Intern (Current Employee), BentonvilleMarch 10, 2015
Singing at FUMC-Bentonville has been a great joy and inspiration and supervisors are always very understanding of missing due to conflict or sickness.
Childcare provider
Childcare provider (Former Employee), Altus, OKMarch 4, 2015
Pros: friendly, and family oriented
Loved working with the kids and getting to know the parents. Loved that my kids were able to be at work with me. Enjoyed working in a christian environment. Very friendly staff and boss.
The church is a very soothing and relaxing place to work at. It's very inviting and opens your eyes to be able to take on any challenges.
Youth Secretary (Former Employee), Marysville, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: laughs, know more about god, interacting, fellowship
Cons: those who dislikes, plans may not go as how it's planned
A typical day is going to church, making sure that everyone is welcomed. Interact with the youth and making sure that everyone is having a great day. Teaching about the word of God to the youth and making them join in on activities or prayers, songs of praises. Many times, there will always be those who don't agree with what you do, or try to make what you do turn into something bad with problems, but you just have to think the matter thoroughly and make sure that you fix the problem in a mature manner, or if it's going to affect the youth and church, then ignore it and bear through it. That's the hardest part of the job, but I understand that not everyone is willing to follow all the time. Many may want to lead but don't have the ability to face up to it, and many may want to interact, but are shy. This is when I either fix it, or endure it. For those who are shy though, I do my best to make them interact to their most comfortable state, and hopefully they will get used to us soon.
Church for all ages
Nursery Supervisor (Former Employee), Delran, NJFebruary 17, 2015
A growing church full of people of all ages. It's comforting to know that there are so many different types of people under one roof coming together for the same purpose.
A pleasant place to work and spend time with the Lord
Lead Sound Technician and Technology Advisor (Current Employee), Sheridan, INFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day entails collaborating with associates, compiling worship presentations, and running the A/V for the Worship Services.

People skills are a must.

Interacting with my co-workers and the congregation is the highlight of my job.
Fun place to work.
Nursery Worker (Current Employee), DeLand, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: most holidays off.
Cons: no benefits
Fantastic place to work but no benefits. I love working here but I wish I could make more money and had health insurance.
Pleasant atmosphere with job satisfaction.
Director of Food Service/Catering (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
This was by far, my most enjoyable job. Working with the 3000+ congregation provided deep satisfaction. The kitchen staff were team players always going the second mile.
I learned that you never ask them to do a job that I wouldn't do myself. Our daily work load and probably the hardest was transporting dishes and food to different areas of the church in a timely matter.
Contractor
chef monthly (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJanuary 6, 2015
I work once a month for the FUMC and receive a check with deductions taken out. I spend about 3 days working on a menu, shopping for the food, prepping the food, and cooking and serving the food. I cook for 40-70 people monthly. I have tons of flexibility and access to the kitchen in fellowship hall.

The maintenance staff is very friendly and helpful when I'm there and will help me set up and/or clean up anything I need.

This church is fantastic!
Secretary/bookkeeper
Secretary/bookkeeper (Former Employee), Sealy, TXJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: fast day!
Cons: 9/11/2001
This was a part-time job in the church office.
The job mostly involved creating, preparing and distribution of newsletters, bulletins and reminder cards. The other big part was the bookkeeping.
It's amazing what a person can accomplish in four hours a day.
The hardest part of the job was taking care of final arrangements. The best part of the job was the people.
Love my position and everyone associated.
Financial Secretary (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 17, 2014
I love being a member of this Christian family.
Great working environment, I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere.
Was a quiet place to work
Staff Assistant (Former Employee), Mexia, TXDecember 11, 2014
Pros: enjoyed working with church members
Cons: the pastor was less than credible and not to be trusted.
This was a low key job where church members were assisted with various requests and taking care of the daily function of the church office. .
Great place to work at
Childcare Director (Former Employee), Denton, TXDecember 10, 2014
Had an amazing time working with the staff and the children. They do so much for the community.
This was a position of great variety as I went to private homes, long term care facilities, hospitals and the It was something different all the time
Senior Pastor (Current Employee), Cresco, IADecember 2, 2014
Pros: meeting with a variety of people
Cons: none really
There was no routine except for staff meeting on Monday when we would be given our assignments and reported in what we had done and did our paper work/charting, etc. The staff was excellent. I was serving two churches in the Riceville area at the time and so the hospice chaplaincy was done around that schedule. The position ended due to funding cuts
I love it here
ADMIN ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Pawhuska, OKNovember 29, 2014
I act as Assistant to the Pastor and all other staff and board members, so I have many different duties. I love my job - the atmosphere is wonderful and I love everyone with which I work. I am able to multi-task quite efficiently, and am very good at my job.
very giving job
Preschool teacher/Head Custodian (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALNovember 10, 2014
I love this place like family for 16 years. I was able to raise my children and have my priorities in order. God, family , work. I was able to do a great deal of charity work and I am thankful for this experience.
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee), Roosevelt, NYOctober 23, 2014
Depending on the day I had certain tasks that needed to be done,the jobs consisted of cleaning certain rooms during certain days.

1 2 3 4 5

Nursery Worker
$9.00 per hour

First United Methodist Church Photos

Hands 4 Detroit
Music time With a parent helper
FUMC Victoria Youth Room