First United Methodist Church Employee Reviews

Great facility and great staff
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FloridaNovember 14, 2017
I was the food service director and prepared food for all the church events. They had a Wednesday night dinner each week, I prepared cookies for the Sunday gathering after the church service and many other events that the church had...weddings, Ladies Lunches, etc...

I really enjoyed working there and after a while they had some financial issues apparently and decided to rely on volunteers to prepare for the church events. I was very disappointed to be laid off unfortunately.
Pros
Great facility, great staff.
Cons
NONE!!! Was very disappointed to be let go!!
Great place...
Music Director (Current Employee) –  Ennis, TXNovember 11, 2017
its ok...just not for me. There needs to be vision. There were some great things like the salary is fair and the co workers are great . It really was just not for me.
Excellent
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FL 32931October 31, 2017
I transferred to a higher position within The United Methodist Chuch connection. Great work place but was offered more salary and a career advancement.
Pros
All was good.
Cons
A job that is to be taken with a lot of consideration
Interim Worship Leader (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXOctober 25, 2017
A typical day for me looked like preparing for Sunday Morning worship and Wednesday night youth services. I worked with a program called Abelton to prepare the set list for the team. I learned a lot about what it looks like to work well with others.
Good place to work part time
IT Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 23, 2017
Being a church there is not a lot of money to pay support staff in a technical field. Good place to work but could only afford to pay a few hours a week.
Laid back and casual
Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXOctober 18, 2017
Great staff working for common purpose; challenging situations requiring team work People were the most inspiring and challenging part of the job. Thankful for the opportunity.
Fun and uplifting atmosphere
Nursery Worker Substitute (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 16, 2017
The hardest part of my job is seeing the little ones cry for their mom when they get dropped off but the best part is seeing them start to have fun and enjoy their time with us. I love the energy of the kids and the women that I work with are so sweet and kind.
Pros
tons of cuddles and get paid to play with kids
Cons
only two 3 hour shifts per week
Nice Community
Childcare Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXOctober 15, 2017
They have a very friendly staff and parishioners. I Would work there again if they had an opening. Great part time job for students or mothers........
Best place I ever worked
Teachers Aide and Nursery Director (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed going to work every day possible. I learned so much working with children and being part of the Church. I really didn't have a manager we all worked together to teach the children crafts and a daily lesson about the bible. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smile on the children's faces every day. The hardest part was when I left the job when I got pregnant with my son.
Pros
Working with children
Cons
Leaving the job
Great people
Director of Youth Ministry (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 6, 2017
This is a typical United Methodist Church. If you work in churches, you know what to expect. Great people who love their community and their traditions.
Fun working with the kids and helping with developing their basketball skills.
Assist Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 5, 2017
I enjoyed interacting with the kids, and helping out with the basketball practice. Watching the kids having fun playing and practicing. With this position I enjoyed every minute working and helping out, there wasn't any bad moments.
Pros
Working with the kids
Cons
Short period of time
A friendly and supportive congregation who supports their pastor
Senior Pastor (Weekend) (Current Employee) –  Grants, NMSeptember 21, 2017
The congregation consists of mainly older adults. They are very receptive to pastoral sermons which focus on concerns which relate to their journeys of faith, their adversities.
The music program, in spite of being a small congregation, is quite impressive.
The church has been most supportive during my nearly four year pastorate as I have also served as a Primary Caregiver for my wife who was very ill prior to her death in June of this year.
Pros
Very friendly congregation
Cons
The drive is an hour and a half from the Albuquerque area.
Great people
Children's Choir Director (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 18, 2017
people and families are great here. very supportive. I always enjoyed coming here. It was easy to get the things I needed as well as co workers were a joy
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSSeptember 18, 2017
good place to work. friendly staff. good interactions with teachers out at west campus. good management. they let me work at my own pace. safe environment.
Great church
Director of Assimilation and Discipleship (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXSeptember 12, 2017
Great congregation to serve and work with. People are friendly and made this position very enjoyable. Serving there was enjoyable and a great opportunity which I will treasure.
It was an exciting and rewarding job.
ADMIN. ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Blytheville, ARSeptember 6, 2017
it was very busy, I had to post tithe payments, a lot of clergy work, create bulletins for Services, for funerals, Weddings, Religious holidays. In charge of taking messages, Accounts payable and receivable, filing, emails, The Pastor and I had to work closely, a lot of required after hours meetings. Creating the bulletins and the church family.
Pros
Off early on Fridays
Cons
Had to stay late alot and use Vacation days for critical appointments
Great
Financial Secretary (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 5, 2017
The management was very, very good to me, and I never can really say that they treated me unpleasant, I look back at my time spent there, however slight the time was, as a great job with fond memories.
Wonderful Church and Pastor
Peer Minister (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WASeptember 2, 2017
I loved working at FUMC, I always felt supported and my coworkers always were understanding and helpful. I felt fulfilled while I worked there and love the welcoming nature of the congregation as a whole.
Great place with great families
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHAugust 30, 2017
I loved working here. I would typically work 2 days per week. I worked with ages newborn-4, my favorite age group. To this day (over 10 years later) I am still in contact with the majority of the families!
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
It was a good place to work
Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a secure job and I enjoyed the people I worked around as well. The pay was excellent and the other teachers I worked with were lovely.