First Vehicle Services

First Vehicle Services Employee Reviews

lack equipment, but good work atmosphere- management clear goals
Service Technician (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CA, Paramount CaJune 26, 2015
Pros: Learning fleet maintenance, good work atmosphere, health insurance available, but pricey
Cons: Working split shift in 2 locations-difficult commute in the morning
On a good day a list of tasks/jobs that need attention-
easy access to parts to make repairs in a timely fashion
Learned first vehicle services system for ordering parts, inputting repair story on computer, became accustomed to doing fleet maintenance
Management was easy to get along with and had clear objectives most of the time. Co-workers were easy to get along with, only a very small percentage were difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was proximity to home when LEAVING work, clarity of job descriptions, making friends at work.
Worst company ever
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Mission,TexasMay 17, 2015
Pros: Monday to Friday
Cons: Management
The General Manager leaves early everyday, the parts accounts are always on hold because they never pay the bill on time, and the office is always dirty, no one likes to clean after themselves. I was told this was the worst shop in the whole company after being hired by a manager.
Best mechanics and management around
Technician (Current Employee), Frisco, COApril 28, 2015
Pros: Shop size and equipment available to work with.
Cons: Expensive to live close by. Salary does not match standard of living
Great repair shop. Great group of people to work for and with. Always busy. 4 ten hour work shifts with 3 days off in a row is a plus. Not living close by work is difficult. A typical day at work is to listen to daily safety messages, receive work assignment, and work straight through the evening with the allowance of breaks and lunch, The work shift goes by too fast. What I learned is that all diesel equipment has to be serviced at it's predetermined scheduled service intervals and the repairs/services have to be performed accurately. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, well educated and experienced. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to manage the size and weight of the vehicle while working on it. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting there.
good place to work
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee), Mission TxMarch 25, 2015
Pros: company recognizes hard working empolyees and compensates for it
Cons: health benefits need improvements
Good company to work for, company believe in continuing education and sends their technicians to schools to stay on top of the latest technology in the automotive industry.
Danielle Gonzalez
Parts & Service Administrator (Current Employee), Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Everyday at work the priorities are changed. I have learned to deal with the highest priorities first as all customer concerns are important. Maintaining the highest quality of customer service is done by me in the most effective way I know how. My co-workers and I work together as a team. The hardest part of my daily activities is trying to make sure I have gotten back to all clients that need a problem to be resolved that the customer is happy. I have maintained proper communication in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that at the end of every day I have put my all into serving the community and strive to make the best of of every situation that arises.
poor management, lost verizon Contract
Auto Technician (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2014
Pros: cant think of one
Cons: just working there
poor management, lost verizon Contract, bad location, grave yard shift, company no longer operates at canarsie location.
Productive fun and job security
DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2014
Great place to work, great management, good balance of life and job. Room for growth and opportunities to advance and earn certifications.
Fun and enjoyable
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Frisco, COAugust 7, 2014
Pros: work 4 10 hour shifts
Cons: healthcare is not all that good
I like working for First Vehicle Services. work only 4 days a week 10 hoiur shifts. overtime is there when its called for.
1st Vehicale
Office Manger (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJune 1, 2014
Cons: everything about this company.
Not a good place to work. Management is horrible. Hours are suck no body knows what their doing. Like the blind leading the blind.
n/a
Technician II (Former Employee), Thornton, COMarch 23, 2014
Spent almost 6 years of my life at this company. With depleting benefits and management system unaware that the customer is not happy with the management decisions let broken unsafe equipment to run. 3 mechanics plus decided to move on. Would not recommend this company to a dedicated mechanic in this field.
did not fit in well here
Automotive Master Technician / Parts Manager (Former Employee), Sumpter SC.June 5, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: too much noise
too many people not showing up for their shifts. I learned how to hire and fire every couple of weeks.
Productive and safety were No. 1
Mechanic (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Had some of the best co-workers and management in my career. Raises were based on performance and education. ASE certification also had its rewards. Enjoyed pleasing our customers and taking care of their problems with vehicles.
Productive and Fast-paced
Office Manager (Current Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 21, 2012
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
This is a brillant company to be employed with. Typical work day is heavy traffice, million of inquire waiting for immediate resolutions. The hardest part of the part of the job is dealing with different personalities. Everday is enjoyable. Progress shows tremedously.