First Vehicle Services Employee Reviews

Great Company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
Great company, management is helpful, but they leave you to manage and they do not micro manage you. They tend to come up with a lot of side work and you are pulled in many different directions. They sometimes seem more worried about having Lean Shops than the contract customers.
Pros
Great Work / Life balance
Cons
Low pay for the amount of work
Stable environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2017
Overall, it has been a great learning experience. Great team work and communication. The management and upper management make it easy to execute orders and establish positive relationships.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
Flucutating client demand
Great place, poor management
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
relaxed and fun environment, but management and customer interaction can get annoying to the point that its stressful to be pulled in all directions. lack of order.
Pros
you work in the park
Cons
customer and management interaction
Horrible workplace
Other (Current Employee) –  Optima, OKJune 19, 2017
Supervisor at optima always has attitude, and is always after someone, very unprofessional and a very depressing work environment, you will constantly be watching your back from him, beware if you decide to apply
Pros
Awesome Co workers
Cons
Horrible supervisor
Fun work place
Diesel Technician (Current Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLJune 15, 2017
Good hours and good benefits
Really enjoy it I do a lot of heavy equipment work i do a lot of there hydraulic and steering and suspension Cummins cat international Detroit
I work on a lot of there big trucks semi dump trucks and also do a lot of there ford diesel 6.0 7.3 6.4 6.7 motor
Pros
Good hours and nice benefits
Cons
Breaks to short
DC WASA CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 11, 2016
Company full of love and excitement room to grow. ,excellent benefits you will love working for them. pay raises are the best
Pros
people
Cons
n/a
“Worst Company I've Ever worked for, keep your sanity!”
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Reg 4November 30, 2016
After spending almost 6 Years as a GM, I am still shocked at that the President knowingly allows the RVP to act and govern in such an Unprofessional manner. The Maintenance manager is so far up the bum of the RVP that he actually wears the same clothing to impress the VP. Do not confide in the MM he is not on the side of the employee. The General managers in the region Have on multiple occasions contacted each other to perhaps collectively contact HR for help. In every case it was dropped in fear of reprisal.
I know personally, of three contracts that were lost because of bad management from the regional level.not the store level. However it was sold upstream as ground level problem and the GM was fired.
Its funny how long this has been going on without the President addressing it. He must be way out of touch with his regions or or maybe someone has photos on him? Not sure. My advice is Steer clear of this company as a Manager. They have -0- integrity. The will lie and throw you under the buss if they need a scapegoat and they will always need a scapegoat as long as they keep blowing contracts.
Pros
Reasonable pay, Still low for industry standards
Cons
Untrustworthy leadership, Underhandedness, No Corporate support
Great Company
Sr. Master Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Dillon, CONovember 26, 2016
Work and company is great and love the area just need better leadership. We do it all here from generators to snow plows and light and heavy equipment.
I enjoyed my job immensely but the company made it difficult
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  OrlandoAugust 10, 2015
First vehicle services has a safety culture that is counter productive and their managers are very un helpful my tips for working here are to make sure you are friends with the manager or you could find your position being written out of a contract
lack equipment, but good work atmosphere- management clear goals
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA, Paramount CaJune 26, 2015
On a good day a list of tasks/jobs that need attention-
easy access to parts to make repairs in a timely fashion
Learned first vehicle services system for ordering parts, inputting repair story on computer, became accustomed to doing fleet maintenance
Management was easy to get along with and had clear objectives most of the time. Co-workers were easy to get along with, only a very small percentage were difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was proximity to home when LEAVING work, clarity of job descriptions, making friends at work.
Pros
Learning fleet maintenance, good work atmosphere, health insurance available, but pricey
Cons
Working split shift in 2 locations-difficult commute in the morning
Worst company ever
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mission,TexasMay 17, 2015
The General Manager leaves early everyday, the parts accounts are always on hold because they never pay the bill on time, and the office is always dirty, no one likes to clean after themselves. I was told this was the worst shop in the whole company after being hired by a manager.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
Best mechanics and management around
Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, COApril 28, 2015
Great repair shop. Great group of people to work for and with. Always busy. 4 ten hour work shifts with 3 days off in a row is a plus. Not living close by work is difficult. A typical day at work is to listen to daily safety messages, receive work assignment, and work straight through the evening with the allowance of breaks and lunch, The work shift goes by too fast. What I learned is that all diesel equipment has to be serviced at it's predetermined scheduled service intervals and the repairs/services have to be performed accurately. Co-workers are friendly and helpful, well educated and experienced. The hardest part of the job is knowing how to manage the size and weight of the vehicle while working on it. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting there.
Pros
Shop size and equipment available to work with.
Cons
Expensive to live close by. Salary does not match standard of living
good place to work
Auto Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mission TxMarch 25, 2015
Good company to work for, company believe in continuing education and sends their technicians to schools to stay on top of the latest technology in the automotive industry.
Pros
company recognizes hard working empolyees and compensates for it
Cons
health benefits need improvements
Danielle Gonzalez
Parts & Service Administrator (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLFebruary 4, 2015
Everyday at work the priorities are changed. I have learned to deal with the highest priorities first as all customer concerns are important. Maintaining the highest quality of customer service is done by me in the most effective way I know how. My co-workers and I work together as a team. The hardest part of my daily activities is trying to make sure I have gotten back to all clients that need a problem to be resolved that the customer is happy. I have maintained proper communication in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that at the end of every day I have put my all into serving the community and strive to make the best of of every situation that arises.
poor management, lost verizon Contract
Auto Technician (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2014
poor management, lost verizon Contract, bad location, grave yard shift, company no longer operates at canarsie location.
Pros
cant think of one
Cons
just working there
Productive fun and job security
DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 16, 2014
Great place to work, great management, good balance of life and job. Room for growth and opportunities to advance and earn certifications.
Fun and enjoyable
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Frisco, COAugust 7, 2014
I like working for First Vehicle Services. work only 4 days a week 10 hoiur shifts. overtime is there when its called for.
Pros
work 4 10 hour shifts
Cons
Healthcare is not all that good
1st Vehicale
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 1, 2014
Not a good place to work. Management is horrible. Hours are suck no body knows what their doing. Like the blind leading the blind.
Pros
Cons
Everything about this company.
n/a
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COMarch 23, 2014
Spent almost 6 years of my life at this company. With depleting benefits and management system unaware that the customer is not happy with the management decisions let broken unsafe equipment to run. 3 mechanics plus decided to move on. Would not recommend this company to a dedicated mechanic in this field.
did not fit in well here
Automotive Master Technician / Parts Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumpter SC.June 5, 2013
too many people not showing up for their shifts. I learned how to hire and fire every couple of weeks.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too much noise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Vehicle Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7