FIRST WATCH RESTAURANTS, INC. Employee Reviews

Not a good company. Handwritten tickets. Very old school.
Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 13, 2017
If you are a manager, you run the restaurant from the BOH. If you are a cook, and can flip eggs, you are the right candidate. Too many hours not enough pay. All BOH.
Cons
Long hours. All BOH. Not enough pay for what you do.
working hours
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 28, 2017
the working hours are mornings because its a breakfast shop.5;30 -4
7 days a week.some managers are cool some are not.typical job right..if you take everything with a grain this is the job for u
Double Standards
Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 26, 2017
The money was decent, but the inconsistent scheduling, double standards, lack of directive, and poor people skills of the staff really put a damper on the enjoyment of the job.
Fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, OHAugust 31, 2017
Great money at the location I work at and I get out by 3. Good job for moms . I have 2 kids and still get to pick them up from school. It's a different type of restaurant, they still use abbreviations and written checks.
part time job only
Server (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 30, 2017
First watch is for someone needing extra money not a job or career.
The schedule is based off performance which is dumb when making 2.13 hour. So yeah
Pros
50 percent off meal
Cons
hardly any buisness, rude district manager
not a place to work at
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Venice, FLAugust 4, 2017
the management will lie to you they will tell you one then and not keep up with the aggement they look down on you they pay is not good to me the place is not for me or my friends
Pros
Cons
you have to pay for your meals, short breaks
Great Work Life Balance
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 21, 2017
Overall, this was a great place to work. Two years into working at a place called Egg and I, First Watch took over. My two years of working was pretty much wiped away and I had no more senority. I was looked upon like a brand new employee. Loved working with the customers, but had a lot of troubles with the new franchise that bought the location I worked at.
Pros
No nights
Cons
No free meals, even as management. Low pay for number of hours, especially for management
Terrible management structure
Server (Former Employee) –  Riverview,FLJune 16, 2017
Overall a good company. The people in charge are the biggest problem. District manager ruined almost everyday for everyone. Do not leave your current job for this place.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Terrible management. No respect for employees.
I dont like the company
Server (Current Employee) –  Sea Ranch Lakes, FLJune 5, 2017
The management at my store is terrible. Its an awful work environment and i completely regret leaving my previous job of 3 years to work here. The amazing hours are what got me to leave as i have been working nights for years and i now have a 15 month old daughter. Worst choice i ever made. Im now looking for new employment in less than 2 months.
Best and worst work experience
Server/Waiter/Busser (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 29, 2017
Working at First Watch was one of the greatest experiences of my life. The company, its culture, and coworkers could not have been better. This experience was only tainted by a manager who no longer is there but had ruined the workplace for myself and may fellow employees. He has since been fired (as he should be) and myself and my other former coworkers would love the opportunity to return to the place we love.
Pros
All aspects of this workplace were fantastic
Team work
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 27, 2017
Very great management love the people love the customers I love to cook it was just a great experience I had some ups and downs and challenges but throughout it all I wouldn't take none of it back because it taught me a lot.
RIP Ms Stephanie
Great workplace. Excellent learning experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 22, 2017
I think working here was a great experience. I liked the environment. The management is very good , the pay is good . I learned great communication skills.
Pros
50% food discounts
fun, fast work environment where you can make alot of money
Server/cook/manager of the day (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMay 5, 2017
Good place to work, just like any other place it has its ups and downs. You must be quick paced and know how to multi task. If you can do that and have a great personality. You'll make alot of money
Great Staff, good hours, great tips.
Server/Busser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 25, 2017
First Watch has been a perfect side job for me. I'm able to work through the week and have a good payout at first watch on the weekends. Hours are great because they are only open 6:30AM to 2:30 PM. It is easy to schedule around and consistent.
life balance perfect
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Venice, FLFebruary 22, 2017
The job is really easy if you are a worker and you want have some times to study or have an other job.

The culture in this restaurant is really important and the way we are working is a team so it is really helpful.
Very hard, physical labor but very rewarding
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Vinings, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Enjoyed my crew of Hispanics and learned so much of their language and culture. Enjoyed designing landscape for clients.
Pros
Rewarding work that you could take pride in..
Cons
The heat in the summer was dreadful.
Great Atmosphere
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I loved my job here. The management was great, but definitely needed improvement on some efficiently performing some tasks, like getting the schedules out in a timely fashion. My complaints about it would be that the cattiness among the women was pretty awful, and there was quite a bit of gossip. As well as not knowing my schedule for more than a week at a time, and at times the hours were inconsistent and there wasn't a lot of flexibility for days off. It was really good money, and I loved the fast passed environment. I would recommend this job to anyone with serving experience, but it's definitely not a long term career choice for me.
Too much for too little
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  The one next to the tucson mallJanuary 21, 2017
The floors were greesey, the company was pinching pennies. Management had no clue how to clean a freezer. Asked me to throw hot water and use a squeegee. I laughed and didn't do it cause I know they wouldn't pay to have the proper chemicals on hand to clean a freezer. Anyway- It started out great. Management pretends to like you and throw you in with a trainee and really what they teach you is not to do the job well but how to do the job faster by cutting corners because they do not provide you enough time to do all the responsibilities in the allowed time. Don't rinse the dishes, put them away as soon as they come out. They got a "drying system". A small rack that gets filled faster than it can dry. The place closes at 2:30pm and they demand- highly demand that the dishes be done and dry and put away by 3:45pm and have the area clean and swept up. The cooks keep bringing stuff to wash as late as 3:30pm. Once you are done using the washing machine there's a stack of dishes in another sink that you have to wash by hand- don't forget to throw away everyone's trash. I was able to get it down to 4:05pm. As I was walking out to go home on my third day. The "manager of operations" was there (a 15 year old girl). Stopped me at the front of the store and said a manager has to tour my area before I leave. Walked back there and she pointed out everything I didn't have time to do cause they want me gone by 3:45pm. She said "If you have a problem I suggest looking for another job" I replied that I would be looking for another job and started walking out again. She yelled "you're not going  more... to do it?!" I said "No, I already clocked out." "Clock back in and do it" Turned in my hat. No wonder they haven't had a dish washer for months.  less
Pros
Quick hire
Cons
Understaffed, underpaid, don't know how to be a team, management doesnt know how to run a business
This place is horrible.
Waiter (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 16, 2016
This is the worst job I've ever had. The managers are deplorable. They act like they care about their employees but they don't. They will fire anybody at a moment's notice for any little thing. They overstaff the floor and never cut anybody, so you never make money. They don't care about your opinion. They want robots who will just shut up and do what they're told. Working there was a nightmare. There was bugs in the food served to guests too often. They cut every corner to save money, and the employees suffer because of it. You don't want to work for these people. Stay away.
Pros
No night shifts
Cons
Everything else.
Horrible/nonexistent management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 16, 2016
This place recently bought out the egg and I and since then the egg and I employee retention rate has gone downhill. The (new) company cares little about the employees and only about how much money they can earn from customers. Yes, customers, NOT guests. They really don't care about the "customers" experiences at all, so why would anyone think they'd care about their lowly employees?? The system for tickets is old and outdated. The no host at the door creates tension between employees, and the servers fight over the tables. There is no rotation for servers, it's whoever gets to the door first gets the table. The tip out percentage is high. The money for the amount of work you do and the amount of hours you put in isn't great. This is strictly coming from a servers point of view. I can't say how the kitchen staff is paid. They were generally leaving before the serving staff on the weekends. The way you receive your tips at the end of your shift is ridiculous.
Pros
No night shifts
Cons
No breaks, horrible/non existent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST WATCH RESTAURANTS, INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8