FIRST WATCH Employee Reviews

Fast productive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNNovember 30, 2016
Fast paced daytime cafe, enjoyable staff and customers who make your day. Sometimes multi tasking was made difficult with short staff but when working together we overcame the situation. I loved interacting with the guests.
Pros
The hours
Cons
No breaks or advancement
Great company with great food
server (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNSeptember 19, 2016
A great company that is only open from the hours of 7am-2:30pm. Very easy to balance family life since you have nights free. It is a typical restaurant job that in the sense if you are knowledgeable about the menu and you have a great attitude, than it is very easy to make good money.
Pros
only morning shifts
Cons
not guaranteed salary
Difficult to learn but good employees
Opperations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2016
Great place to work with all assistant and general managers dedicated to a rewarding and fun work experience. Great potential for professional and personal growth. Exceptional team management and desire to develop team and dedication to all employees. Best to stay as a team member though, middle management is unpredictable, some days your best friend others yelling at whole team no ability to control emotions or temper and treats team as always replaceable. Definitely a high school cheerleader approach to leading and developing. As a team member it is a different approach to serving and cooking with all hand written tickets with very specific and exact abbreviations and recipes, difficult to learn but great once you do.
Pros
fun environment 1/2 price food. flexible shifts if you work hard, performance based schedules
Cons
anyone above team member long relentless hours, little guidance, and development, Very little training for management, does not follow training guidelines.
A nice day time job
Lead Server/Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 19, 2017
I loved the time I spent working for First Watch, they were flexible with my school hours and always went the extra mile to make me feel like more than just another employee.
fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 9, 2016
serving others is a joy. Iike making others well pleased with what they get and to keep them coming back to the company because of good sevice. only when food does not turn out correctly is when its bad, other than that it is not,
fun work place get off by 4pm
Dish Washer/Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 20, 2016
love the fact you can get off in time to get kids from school.
people are nice and friendly.
you can count on management to make sure everything you need for your job you have and it is working condition.
good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALFebruary 2, 2017
First Watch offers a fast paced environment with a good structure and great hours. The food is excellent and the management is very engaged on all levels.
Poor management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 4, 2016
First Watch environment is about fear and intimidation. You will get 3 days training, and then expected to be perfect. If you make a mistake tables will be taken away, and you will have to prove yourself before givin more than two tables. If you make a mistake you will be corrected in front of your peers in a very harsh manner. There is no continued development after training. Sink or swim it is at this company. Upper management is horrible!! The DM leans against a wall and loudly coaches employees in front of customers. The DM once told me to pick up my pace, and began walking behind me snapping her fingers and clapping her hands. i would say this company needs to invest in educating their managers on leadership. If you chose to work her I recommend you suck up to management, and become a fast favorite.
Pros
Concept and menu.
Cons
Horrible management
Feels like home
Server (Former Employee) –  14700 Baltimore AveOctober 4, 2016
The first day working at first watch i already left like i was at home. Everyone from the serves to the managers were incredibly welcoming and helpful and it made this one of my best jobs yet.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
no breaks
Great serving job
Server (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Best hours out there and always busy. Quick turnover with customers. Higher class people who tip well. Home by 4 every day
Great workers and wonderful atmosphere
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Clayton, MOJuly 26, 2016
The people here are amazing, the food is good and the staff treats you with respect. A good restaurant to work at if you need to pay for a car or loans.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Fast paced and hot working conditions
Terrible place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 18, 2016
Worked 12 to 13 hour a day by myself. Employees to empowered in their job and don't respect management. Promise of getting off at 3 or 4 in the afternoon never happened
fun and active environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2016
competitive. Hard for new people to get to the door before the veterans see the cars park and are waiting at the door to "claim" them
Pros
half priced meals
Bus tables
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 14, 2015
Clean tables and take everything to back to unload for dishwasher.....utter chaos when busy....waitresses who scam parts of tips when they think no one is watching meant you cut at end of day is less than you should get.
Pros
discount on meals....daytime hours.
Cons
Managers that think they are Gods gift to the planet
Busy and Productive little restuarant
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Most days started off steady that continued to pick up til after lunch time. The busy, friendly atmosphere made it a great place to work. I loved my customers, and would look forward to seeing my regulars.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Fun, charismatic working place.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
First Watch is an excellent place to share time with friends, to have a business date, or to just get a bite to eat. I love working here. All of my co-workers are supportive, exceptionally nice that help me everyday learn, and achieve something new. The hardest part about my job is that when it gets very busy it is very easy to make mistakes and those mistakes have a rippling effect on everyone, because we are a team that works together. But the best part about my job is when I get to meet new great people, and all of the great regulars that come in.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
No breaks, short hours
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Hard working environment. Can be frustrating, odd implementations from upper management that can derail operations. Management not rewarded sufficiently. Long hours.
Love the customers and the job!
Server (Current Employee) –  FLJuly 14, 2012
My favorite part about my job is my customers. I go in smiling knowing that I'll see my regulars come in and make jokes and laugh with me that day. My co-workers are great. We are friends in and out of work which helps out a lot when you're in the workplace. The hardest part of the day would be when you're really busy and you can't get help. Unfortunately everyone else is just as busy as you. It can be a little stressful. But a deep breath, a big smile, and an "I'm Sorry" helps the customers relax and realize that you're ok and not ignoring them.
Flexible and Inviting Work Atmosphere
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIAugust 5, 2013
This was an excellent place to work. If you are a student or parent, the work hours cannot be beat. The work philosophies are excellent, with a focus on quality of service. Management was like family but maintained a true business-like atmosphere. Co-workers have become life-long friends. The hardest part of working there was the busy periods when employees are expected to shine despite the chaos. But, the overall experience was excellent.
Pros
Flexible scheduling, good management
Cons
The pay is not stable since it depends mostly on tips.
I had a great time there with great people
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioApril 27, 2015
Great company to work for even though you will work hard and have stressful times. I learned a lot being a manager. I would start at 6 a.m. opening the restaurant and sometimes leaving at 5 or 6 at night. I coul be coaching,cooking and working on prep items at the same time. You will learn to multi-task.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FIRST WATCH. Our community is ready to answer.

91%