FIRST WATCH Employee Reviews in United States

Busy and Productive little restuarant
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Most days started off steady that continued to pick up til after lunch time. The busy, friendly atmosphere made it a great place to work. I loved my customers, and would look forward to seeing my regulars.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rocky River, OHJanuary 11, 2016
Hard working environment. Can be frustrating, odd implementations from upper management that can derail operations. Management not rewarded sufficiently. Long hours.
Bus tables
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLDecember 14, 2015
Clean tables and take everything to back to unload for dishwasher.....utter chaos when busy....waitresses who scam parts of tips when they think no one is watching meant you cut at end of day is less than you should get.
Pros
discount on meals....daytime hours.
Cons
Managers that think they are Gods gift to the planet
Fun workplace with supportive management.
Server, Busser, and Host (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FlSeptember 17, 2015
Made lots of great friends working there, such as co-workers and customers. There were many opportunities to advance if pleased. Variety of pace, in and out of season.
Fun, charismatic working place.
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2015
First Watch is an excellent place to share time with friends, to have a business date, or to just get a bite to eat. I love working here. All of my co-workers are supportive, exceptionally nice that help me everyday learn, and achieve something new. The hardest part about my job is that when it gets very busy it is very easy to make mistakes and those mistakes have a rippling effect on everyone, because we are a team that works together. But the best part about my job is when I get to meet new great people, and all of the great regulars that come in.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
No breaks, short hours
customer service
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mequan WIJuly 29, 2015
I love being in customer service, making someone's day and staying positive. co-workers were amazing and I love the fast paste environment and staying busy. it kept me on my toes.
Pros
making customers day
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 12, 2015
Management was terrible and can be rude on most days. Pay was okay and its easy to move up if you learn ingredients. Can get very hot in the kitchen. Your co-workers will most likely be high ambitioned and want to make it to the top. Lots of competition.
Pros
Easy to move up
Cons
Cooks cant eat for free
Serving customers with a product I loved
Server (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 6, 2015
Great money if you're good with people. Great coworkers. Do what you need to make sure the customers always leave with a positive experience. On your feet all day without breaks or lunches but no need to hit the gym!
Pros
$, working with people
Cons
Poor health insurance offered
I had a great time there with great people
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  columbus ohioApril 27, 2015
Great company to work for even though you will work hard and have stressful times. I learned a lot being a manager. I would start at 6 a.m. opening the restaurant and sometimes leaving at 5 or 6 at night. I coul be coaching,cooking and working on prep items at the same time. You will learn to multi-task.
What Happened
Sargent Security Patrol Officer / Commissioned (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 28, 2015
This was once an amazing company to work for. Then the company went in a whole new direction. Unfortunately a lot of good people left this company. Sad day when I don't see 9 or 10 of their patrol units on the street.
Cons
Productive enviroment, laid-back, friendly customers
Server (Current Employee) –  University Heights, OHJanuary 9, 2015
I usually arrive at work between the hours of 9 and 11 a.m. The first thing that I do is check the server board in the kitchen area so I will know what the soup and muffin of the day is. Next I'll either make my way to the host stand to begin my shift, or check and see if the other servers need help or any food needs to be ran before I even get seated. First Watch is typically busy every day (especially on the weekends) because since we are a "daytime café" , we are open in the mornings and early afternoons. First Watch isn't like other companies because as a server, not only am I responsible for my section alone, I am responsible for the entire restaurant.

I have learned that I don't have the best hand-writing, at First Watch we have to write everything by hand and turn it in the helm. If our handwriting is unreadable that adds time on to someone's order and the food will come out slower than usual.

The management style of the restaurant is okay. My manager is very good at explaining things without yelling at me, but she likes to play favorites and schedules the people that she likes more. The hardest part of the job is feeling like I'm not being treated fairly and having to deal with difficult customers at times; on the other hand the most enjoyable part of my job is when one of guests eats everything on their plate and they are pleased with the food and service provided. I get along with my co-workers.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
healthcare
great
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHDecember 21, 2014
Everything was pretty much great everything worked most of the time employees are fun loving and the benefits are great
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Very fun and productive as well as very serious about the Job!
Dishwasher/Cook (Current Employee) –  Panama City Beach, FLNovember 5, 2014
very nice people and very fun to do as well as enjoyable to work at.
Pros
discount on store products
server/cook
Server/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, TNOctober 21, 2014
For a only daytime serving job you really can not beat it. Small buildings everything is made to order and from scratch literal freshest food you will eat for breakfast if not making it at home.
Pros
only daytime
Cons
no healthcare usual ceiling
Dining Enhancement Engineer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 21, 2014
I really liked working here. Good employees, and great customers.
Pros
the hours
great
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 2, 2013
I enjoyed the hours the money the co workers the hardest part was the weekends.
Pros
the hours
Cons
management
Fast paced and customer oriented company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2013
The culture at First Watch is very much aligned with my own personal beliefs. After being in the restaurant business all my life, you learn that the more customer oriented you are the better. Guest satisfaction is number 1 at this company as well as taking care of its people. They really stress the importance of work and life balance as well as time management throughout your day. The cleanliness standards are the best I've worked with in my 12 year career, and they stress the highest importance on serving only the highest quality food. The management infrastructure all the up to the top could be a little more organized and communicative, but I imagine that will change once they invest in expanding the positions at the corporate office and in the regional manager area.
Pros
good hours, free meals, culture, cleanliness standards, service model
Cons
better management training, more organization in top ranks, benefits not awesome and don't have access to some right away, 2 weeks vacation a year
first watch...
Short order cook, waiter (Former Employee) –  rocky river, ohioSeptember 5, 2013
first watch was a medium fast pace resturant, everyone had a station. i didnt work here for long. first watch made some cut backs. and i was one of them.
Busy, nice place to work. The people are very nice!
Busser (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, Fl.August 26, 2013
A typical day at work is very busy, especially on the weekend. I enjoy what I do, and may even start cooking there also. I have always liked to cook. The hardest part would be cleaning at the end of the day, it's a dirty job but it has to be done.
A fun place to work, with the right people
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 16, 2013
When you get regulars in it pretty cool to get to know the people that come in often. The management is ok, they lay down rules such as its a non-smoking environment but the manager smokes in the back. Also no cell phones but no one really listens to it, they just keep it hidden. But if the manager catches you he tells you to put it away but he can be on their phone all they want, and snack on any food when they want. They also tell people not to let personal stuff to come into the work place but they do...often and take it out on us. I've never been a server before so it's a good way to learn the business but then they don't cut you any slack when your still messing up a month or two after training they make you feel dumb. Also employees would constantly fight about rolling silverware, and seat themselves more than others.
Pros
50% off meals when you can actually eat, free select drinks, being on your feet all the time is like a free little workout
Cons
expensive healthcare, on your feet all the time, no breaks unless ur lucky enough, and tips range like dramatically.