First Wind

First Wind Employer Reviews

Physically strenuous and repetitive work
HCP Technician II (Former Employee), Wailuku, HISeptember 29, 2014
Searching for fallen wildlife around wind towers for 4-5 hours each day. The searches on foot are most boring and hardest part of the job. Analyzing and gathering bat data was the most enjoyable. I was employed when there were serious changes being made with the management and it was well needed too. Fortunately, I think they finally got it right now.
Great company, great people, great job.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, MENovember 18, 2013
A lot of positivity and great attitudes by and large. Everyone is invested in what they are doing, which makes for a great workplace, great coworkers, and great company.
First Wind Energy
Director, Corporate Real Estate & Facilities (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2012
Director of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management department
Working for Development Team for a Renewable Energy Firm
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJune 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits, working with great team players, learned a great deal about business development
Cons: nothing at this time.
I work for the West Development Team this opportunity has taught me a great deal in regards to how the project is developed, constructed and finally operational. I have even climbed a wind turbine in Utah. Just a wonderful experience.

I have several tasks working for this team and the most enjoyable aspect is the preparation of an event. Such as ground – more... breaking, ribbon cutting, and to yearly team meetings. The overall process from establishing the date, location of event, to sending out invites, to the agenda, to finding everything from transportation to lodging and eventually entertainment.

There is no hard part to my job as long as communication and the desired goal are always apart of any task.

When I first joined First Wind I had no idea what renewable energy really was all about and most of all what is a wind turbine. I was born and raised in Ohio and renewable energy was not a great aspect of our lives. What seeing, climbing and experiencing this truly renewable form I have a better appreciation for all renewable phases. – less
Excellent company to work for!!!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Milford, UTFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: good hours, company vehicle is supplied for field positions, friendly and fun-loving atmosphere
Cons: ?
First Wind is a small but productive company. There are plenty of opportunities for growth for the right person. The reason I am most fond of this company, is the tight knit family atmosphere. The pay is not as competitive as some other companies, but the life to work balance makes up for it.

I would work for them again in a heartbeat, if the position – more... and locations were right. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, I strongly suggest you do. It was the best working experience of my career. – less

About First Wind

At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) – Read more