First Wind Employee Reviews in United States

Growing Wind Power Company
Regulatory Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2015
My time with First Wind was exciting and exhilarating. I learned much of my job on the fly and (unfortunately) with little support from others in a small office.
Pros
Good Pay, Great Locations, Believe in the Company
Cons
Staff was not Friendly or Supportive to Someone Just Trying to Learn
Physically strenuous and repetitive work
HCP Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wailuku, HISeptember 29, 2014
Searching for fallen wildlife around wind towers for 4-5 hours each day. The searches on foot are most boring and hardest part of the job. Analyzing and gathering bat data was the most enjoyable. I was employed when there were serious changes being made with the management and it was well needed too. Fortunately, I think they finally got it right now.
Feel like part of the solution
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kahuku, HINovember 20, 2013
this company values your opinion. no voice is too small. If you apply yourself you really feel like you make a difference when you hang your hat at the end of the day. Very team oriented!
Pros
competative wages. a company that listens to your voice.
Cons
on-call is tough. they will call.
Great company, great people, great job.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 18, 2013
A lot of positivity and great attitudes by and large. Everyone is invested in what they are doing, which makes for a great workplace, great coworkers, and great company.
First Wind Energy
Director, Corporate Real Estate & Facilities (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2012
Director of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management department
Excellent company to work for!!!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Milford, UTFebruary 27, 2012
First Wind is a small but productive company. There are plenty of opportunities for growth for the right person. The reason I am most fond of this company, is the tight knit family atmosphere. The pay is not as competitive as some other companies, but the life to work balance makes up for it.

I would work for them again in a heartbeat, if the position and locations were right. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, I strongly suggest you do. It was the best working experience of my career.
Pros
good hours, company vehicle is supplied for field positions, friendly and fun-loving atmosphere
Cons
?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at First Wind. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3