First Wind

First Wind United States Employee Reviews

Physically strenuous and repetitive work
HCP Technician II (Former Employee), Wailuku, HISeptember 29, 2014
Searching for fallen wildlife around wind towers for 4-5 hours each day. The searches on foot are most boring and hardest part of the job. Analyzing and gathering bat data was the most enjoyable. I was employed when there were serious changes being made with the management and it was well needed too. Fortunately, I think they finally got it right now.
Feel like part of the solution
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kahuku, HINovember 20, 2013
Pros: competative wages. a company that listens to your voice.
Cons: on-call is tough. they will call.
this company values your opinion. no voice is too small. If you apply yourself you really feel like you make a difference when you hang your hat at the end of the day. Very team oriented!
Great company, great people, great job.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, MENovember 18, 2013
A lot of positivity and great attitudes by and large. Everyone is invested in what they are doing, which makes for a great workplace, great coworkers, and great company.
First Wind Energy
Director, Corporate Real Estate & Facilities (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2012
Director of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management department
Excellent company to work for!!!
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee), Milford, UTFebruary 27, 2012
Pros: good hours, company vehicle is supplied for field positions, friendly and fun-loving atmosphere
Cons: ?
First Wind is a small but productive company. There are plenty of opportunities for growth for the right person. The reason I am most fond of this company, is the tight knit family atmosphere. The pay is not as competitive as some other companies, but the life to work balance makes up for it.

I would work for them again in a heartbeat, if the position and locations were right. If you have an opportunity to work for this company, I strongly suggest you do. It was the best working experience of my career.

About First Wind

At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) – Read more