First Wind

First Wind Employer Reviews

Feel like part of the solution
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Kahuku, HINovember 20, 2013
Pros: competative wages. a company that listens to your voice.
Cons: on-call is tough. they will call.
this company values your opinion. no voice is too small. If you apply yourself you really feel like you make a difference when you hang your hat at the end of the day. Very team oriented!
Great company, great people, great job.
Development Coordinator (Former Employee), Portland, MENovember 18, 2013
A lot of positivity and great attitudes by and large. Everyone is invested in what they are doing, which makes for a great workplace, great coworkers, and great company.
First Wind Energy
Director, Corporate Real Estate & Facilities (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJuly 5, 2012
Director of Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management department
Working for Development Team for a Renewable Energy Firm
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Temecula, CAJune 10, 2012
Pros: great benefits, working with great team players, learned a great deal about business development
Cons: nothing at this time.
I work for the West Development Team this opportunity has taught me a great deal in regards to how the project is developed, constructed and finally operational. I have even climbed a wind turbine in Utah. Just a wonderful experience.

I have several tasks working for this team and the most enjoyable aspect is the preparation of an event. Such as ground – more... breaking, ribbon cutting, and to yearly team meetings. The overall process from establishing the date, location of event, to sending out invites, to the agenda, to finding everything from transportation to lodging and eventually entertainment.

There is no hard part to my job as long as communication and the desired goal are always apart of any task.

When I first joined First Wind I had no idea what renewable energy really was all about and most of all what is a wind turbine. I was born and raised in Ohio and renewable energy was not a great aspect of our lives. What seeing, climbing and experiencing this truly renewable form I have a better appreciation for all renewable phases. – less

About First Wind

At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) – Read more